2022 TLA NRL Elite Official Thread - Checklist Added

All of those types of ideas would be a nice gesture, but the real need is for the NRL to invest in grassroots rugby league back in New Zealand.

We have lost all of our age group teams for three years (honestly, let that sink in for a bit), juniors have left the club and this year with Redcliffe getting a licence we haven't even had a reserve grade. The club is in a much sicker state than people know or are willing to admit.

Our young guys have been destroyed in FG, but when they are not playing...they are not playing. Virtually no one at the club is playing if they are not in the game day 17. There is no avenue for growth for our young guys, and no one coming through.

With some of the Aussies jumping ship and no newbies in the pipeline to replace them, I just don't see where we can improve in the short term future. We will be a team with 10-12 FG quality players in it each week. I don't think there has ever been a Kiwi's team with no Warriors until this year, and the gutter journalists are relentlessly hounding Walsh to walk away, which I fear he will for next year. Add to that the Lodge situation, which ended our ability to be competitive overnight, and stuffed our cap for next year (for a player option he had declined?!). We have Jazz Tevaga playing prop...

I'd like the NRL to fund two feeder teams based in NZ and provide a few camps/marketing in NZ to win a few guys back from the other code. That's where the real help to get us back on our feet can occur. Home games look nice, but without the other stuff we'll be propping up the table for years.

The club really is on its knees at the moment, and prospective coaches looking at our vacancy know it too. Next year could be THE defining year for the Warrior's club.
Just heard CNK to the warriors and Reece Walsh to the broncos ?
They had a pretty decent chat on NRL360 about the issue of the warriors losing juniors and issues with recruiting if you can get a hold of it👌

Last edited:
They had a pretty decent chat on NRL360 about the issue of the warriors losing juniors and issues with recruiting if you can get a hold of it👌
Read that as well. CNK is a massive loss but if he has to go, I am glad it is home to be with his kids and to help NZ rebuild.

There is some horrific stuff going on behind the scenes with Isaac Moses and Peter O'Sullivan (2 people currently or formerly banned from the game for their immorality) that is torpedoing the Warriors at the moment.

Peter O'Sullivan recruited our young Australians in the last couple of years and then left early in what I believe were unpleasant circumstances. There was a gentleman's agreement that he did not try to take our young players given his intimate knowledge of their contracts. He has not honoured this in any way whatsoever and they with their friends in the Aussie media have agitated for Walsh's release from his contract since day dot. Moses' players were all thrown out of the Warriors over the space of 12-24 months because of the underhanded way he was influencing the club. The cleanse is the best thing that happened to us. There is bad blood.

Matt Lodge is managed by Moses' agency and is Peter O'Sullivan's son in law. They have managed to force the Warriors to pay out on a contract that did not even exist for next year and Lodge has stuffed the club by leaving early. Our CEO has said directly that it was due to the influence of Moses/PO'S.

The Warriors are willing to let Walsh leave early on compassionate grounds (child), but only to the Broncos.

The Dolphins today have lodged a formal complaint with the NRL about the Warriors being underhanded. ...umm maybe because he is under contract

The NRL is so frustrating to follow. They have to sort the contract stuff and remove the agitators influence from the game. It is a real stain on things at the moment.

I have no issue with Walsh going to the Broncos if it is for the right reason, which I believe it is.

Read that as well. CNK is a massive loss but if he has to go, I am glad it is home to be with his kids and to help NZ rebuild.

They're trying to pass it off as CNK bought in as a replacement for Walsh but this one has been on the cards for a while I think. A good honest player, who gets by on effort more than skill. The Warriors have a few of those coming in next year, and that is a good place to start when rebuilding. It sounds like Te Maire Martin is coming home too.

Let's hope CNK can shrug off the injury issues.

There is some horrific stuff going on behind the scenes with Isaac Moses and Peter O'Sullivan (2 people currently or formerly banned from the game for their immorality) that is torpedoing the Warriors at the moment.

Peter O'Sullivan recruited our young Australians in the last couple of years and then left early in what I believe were unpleasant circumstances. There was a gentleman's agreement that he did not try to take our young players given his intimate knowledge of their contracts. He has not honoured this in any way whatsoever and they with their friends in the Aussie media have agitated for Walsh's release from his contract since day dot. Moses' players were all thrown out of the Warriors over the space of 12-24 months because of the underhanded way he was influencing the club. The cleanse is the best thing that happened to us. There is bad blood.

Matt Lodge is managed by Moses' agency and is Peter O'Sullivan's son in law. They have managed to force the Warriors to pay out on a contract that did not even exist for next year and Lodge has stuffed the club by leaving early. Our CEO has said directly that it was due to the influence of Moses/PO'S.

The Warriors are willing to let Walsh leave early on compassionate grounds (child), but only to the Broncos.

The Dolphins today have lodged a formal complaint with the NRL about the Warriors being underhanded. ...umm maybe because he is under contract

The NRL is so frustrating to follow. They have to sort the contract stuff and remove the agitators influence from the game. It is a real stain on things at the moment.

I have no issue with Walsh going to the Broncos if it is for the right reason, which I believe it is.
They really need to address the situation asap. I can imagine young Kiwi juniors looking at the mess and thinking we’re going to rugby or straight to Australia.
Doesn’t surprise me with the player managers , modern day Don Kings lining their own pockets with no regard of the long term mess they leave .

They really need to address the situation asap. I can imagine young Kiwi juniors looking at the mess and thinking we’re going to rugby or straight to Australia.
Doesn’t surprise me with the player managers , modern day Don Kings lining their own pockets with no regard of the long term mess they leave .
The media too. The way that the Knights post-match conferences were being hijacked to throw conjecture at Ponga was disgraceful as well. Some clubs aren't allowed nice things.

I had just assumed that this was the general league discussion thread we used to have on here, but 've just realised that it is the Elite thread. Maybe a moderator could move the posts to clean it up? I like a good chinwag, but not at the cost of diluting collecting info from these main threads.

1657243392938.png

1657243431197.png

That's just hilarious, isn't Wayne 'rules don't apply to me' Bennett trying to do exactly this with Munster?

I remember a story on here a while ago about a player being annoyed about IP signatures being sold on eBay for a profit . The text on that photo tells me they probably all have that idea hence why some won’t sign for people?
Hopefully doesn’t stop kids, or OCT members from getting their favourite players to sign cards for them in the future .

I remember a story on here a while ago about a player being annoyed about IP signatures being sold on eBay for a profit . The text on that photo tells me they probably all have that idea hence why some won’t sign for people?
Hopefully doesn’t stop kids, or OCT members from getting their favourite players to sign cards for them in the future .

Players seem to have a couple of schools of thought on this.... some will just sign anything and everything..... some will look after kids first and also sign for the grown ups.

Some will only do 1 per person and some will just avoid signing at all.

A lot depends on the situation, the environment the player is in and in some cases how they played .... seen some players get out of grounds quickly if they had a bad game.

I still remember after a Roosters game (SBW didnt play but was there with the team) he tried to sneak out a back was and had about 50 people chase him to his car to sign (which he did sign some).

I've seen good old Mick Ennis Jnr give Paul Gallen a stack of cards and he turned him down straight away......even the cry of "but these are new ones" didn't hold water.

Another player said to old Ennis, what happened to the heap I signed for you last week?

I can say from the Panthers point of view...... at training, team events they are all very accommodating.....if you want to get something signed its usually never a problem (unless you hand them 50 cards to sign then you may get 1-2 and then moved on).

Anyway.....back on to Elite..... we are in that phase of radio silence in between the sell sheet being released and the checklist coming out. We did ask for some signing images but are yet to see any outside of Instagram.

Anyway.....back on to Elite..... we are in that phase of radio silence in between the sell sheet being released and the checklist coming out. We did ask for some signing images but are yet to see any outside of Instagram.
It beggars belief that one month out from the crowning yearly release and we are getting nothing. I don’t understand why there are no snippets to build excitement, help dealers with pre sales etc.

Here is a novel idea, why not have a comp where boxes are the prize?

There will be the initial rush as always but I am really interested to see how the prices and demand are once the dust settles.

Back
Top Bottom