2022 TLA NRL Elite Official Thread - Checklist Added

I thought when the checklist was released on Monday there would be a flood of likes, dislikes,wants and so on.Maybe the interest in this release isn't there just yet.I think there are some great auto,s this year,starting with Harry Grant,Ponga,Mitchell, Lomax,Brookes just to mention a few.Once the cards are released I think it will be a different story. Good luck with your chase everyone in this release,and don,t forget to show what you have added to your collection.🙂

I thought when the checklist was released on Monday there would be a flood of likes, dislikes,wants and so on.Maybe the interest in this release isn't there just yet.I think there are some great auto,s this year,starting with Harry Grant,Ponga,Mitchell, Lomax,Brookes just to mention a few.Once the cards are released I think it will be a different story. Good luck with your chase everyone in this release,and don,t forget to show what you have added to your collection.🙂

Agreed..... even after the checklist very little discussion around the place about this release.

I'm sure it will sell out and I'm sure we will all be chasing cards for the PC (i'm scaling it back this year and not chasing as much) but the list of signers looks good and some of the young guns cards will be great as well.

Will be great to see the cards when released in hand!

Here is the list as a reminder....
1658824950936.png

I've gotta say, I think this is the best signature selection for both Young Guns and League Sensations I have seen in Elite for a while. A few there that some might not be happy with but overall a really good list of signers with quite a few that will be highly sought after.
Agreed. The quality of the LS / YG and MS will save this release.

The issue is the high end stuff. Not only has the jersey patch / booklet theme been exhausted, All Star inserts of any level are just not that popular with NRL collectors. Add to that the average player selection. There are so many more themes they could use in this space.

The WNRL cards certainly have a place but not at the high end level and volume that are in this release. The WNRL is certainly a comp on the build but it has just hit 6 teams for two six week seasons. Why not include the WNRL subset in the base card set and have another insert set?

The consistency or lack of in numbering is another head scratcher. Why have LSW and LSB the same in numbering and increase the LST?

The Captains which have always been a box hit (aside from last years Priority), going to a numbered 1:5 box hit is just plain lazy. The Game Changers last year were a great addition, there are countless themes that could be used in this mid range hit space.

The quality of the LS has given me some optimism but I won't be investing non the levels I have in previous years.

I'm looking forward to it. I haven't brought a case of cards in maybe 20 years. Will be buying one this year, so really looking forward to busting it. Looks like a great selection of players. Being a Broncos supporter, I hope to bust some Broncos signatures.

I'm looking forward to it. I haven't brought a case of cards in maybe 20 years. Will be buying one this year, so really looking forward to busting it. Looks like a great selection of players. Being a Broncos supporter, I hope to bust some Broncos signatures.
Cobbo is an excellent YG, plenty of Brisbane in the WNRL also.

You will have a ball opening the case, always lots of fun. Pulling something you really need is a bonus !!

Warriors Sigs, Walsh YG happy as shame he won't be round for a LS set for us
in a few years. Curran LS happy also.
A F-B for next year I hope.
Bets on which comes first out of the release of the cards and Walsh walking out of the club?

I'm betting he plays this weekend, gets another mystery bout of fake Covid, and then we see him suited up in Broncos colours for a well-earned tilt at play-off glory together with Lodge, Nofoaluma, Leilua and any other dude that does the same.

I was really looking forward to Walsh being the YG, but it will be hard to collect it if he can't see the season out with this club towards the end of everything we have been through.

I'm stoked with Curran as LS. He has really invested in the club. I hope he keeps on the straight and narrow.

Speed Series /44 and Speed Series A /16 = guessing this is the Priority hit?? any other thoughts

Speed Series /44 and Speed Series A /16 = guessing this is the Priority hit?? any other thoughts
Priority Box Exclusive:

DETAILSCARDS IN SETRATIONUMBERED
2021 DALLY M TEAM OF THE YEAR182 PER BOX#/67
YOUNG GUNS – WHITE441 PER BOX#/14

Album Card Exclusive:

DETAILSCARDS IN SETRATIONUMBERED
SPEED SERIES PARALLEL16157 PER DESIGN#/157

Reactions: DMC
With a great sig Collection - could this be a sleeper release.

There are a number of reasons why it probably won’t be as big as the last 5 years (non lock down, inflation etc) however the signs are amazing and as a raiders only collector, I am exited about the indigenous patch and fitler set.

The cards industry globally has taken a hit and maybe it’s time to review the amazing old sets and just enjoy the new.

My focus is stil old school base raiders sets from 82 to 94 and looking at getting them slabbed (especially the 82 raiders set)

Last edited:
Not sure if someone has done this and I have missed it ? But is there some sort of list of what should be in a box and in a case ?

Back
Top Bottom