2021 Elite Official Thread

Collectors are happy to pay more for a release as long as the quality is there .. With out enough quality cards a release is bound for failure
Warren, that is only the case, BECAUSE tla is the only producer of cards.
If there were competition in the industry with some more concentration on sigs and other issues of confidentiality, tla would be out of business.
Every business has to make money to survive, no denying that.
Are they still being made in china, or will they be stamped made in Vietnam.

Warren, that is only the case, BECAUSE tla is the only producer of cards.
If there were competition in the industry with some more concentration on sigs and other issues of confidentiality, tla would be out of business.
Every business has to make money to survive, no denying that.
Are they still being made in china, or will they be stamped made in Vietnam.
TLA are the only distributor as no other company will take up the license .. It wouldn`t matter who produced the cards someone would always complain ..

You can`t force a player to sign a card ...There are quite a few popular players that are not interested in signing ....At least TLA are happy to pay overs to produce the NRL cards ..

TLA are the only distributor as no other company will take up the license .. It wouldn`t matter who produced the cards someone would always complain ..

You can`t force a player to sign a card ...There are quite a few popular players that are not interested in signing ....At least TLA are happy to pay overs to produce the NRL cards ..
And at least the collectors have something to collect, and dealers are making a living.

I’m surprised considering the increased amount that TLA supposedly pays the Nrl for said license ,that the players aren’t forced to sign cards as part of the contract ?
Similar to how they have to do a certain amount of school visits etc?

I know this is 2021 elite but I just noticed a 2020 Damien Cook emerald 10/10 if any of the south’s fans are still chasing . @3bet @Mcdizzler
BE9879ED-DE68-4AB0-AE59-0C61D5D4B442.png

NRL are notoriously difficult to negotiate with and want plenty of $$$ for merchandise rights.
Frankly, I’m amazed there is 3-4 NRL sets at all. TLA have faults but they’re the ones getting merchandise to market.
That’s why Tazos, Coles Micro men, DT cards go for a couple of years and disappear. You have to pay a Motza for the licence, pump out product to make it worthwhile which ultimately causes a glut and then slashed prices.

With it being a dealer only release I gathered they would all be allocated, what I meant was that dealers sold out quick last year and wondering if it will this year as well?

Looks like it will be just as quick. It has been one week since pre-sales started and we have now sold or allocated out firm commitments of more than 50% of our entire Elite allocation.

NRL are notoriously difficult to negotiate with and want plenty of $$$ for merchandise rights.
Frankly, I’m amazed there is 3-4 NRL sets at all. TLA have faults but they’re the ones getting merchandise to market.
That’s why Tazos, Coles Micro men, DT cards go for a couple of years and disappear. You have to pay a Motza for the licence, pump out product to make it worthwhile which ultimately causes a glut and then slashed prices.

I have heard numbers in the vicinity of $500K per year to $700K per year..... depending who you talk to.

This is the minimum guarantee you have to pay from your wholesale sales and is based on % of wholesale sales.

Example....... you earn $4 million in wholesale sales and the license fee is 17.5% that equals $700,000.

If you sell over this amount, 17.5% of any extra revenue goes to the NRL there is a spreadsheet you have to submit which shows your sales from all different channels at least every quarter or half year.

Looks like it will be just as quick. It has been one week since pre-sales started and we have now sold or allocated out firm commitments of more than 50% of our entire Elite allocation.

That is positive news..... and without the checklist either!

Is it true there will be a lot more breaks this year ?

Back
Top Bottom