2019 TLA Elite - Official Thread

After watching Xerri in space tonight it got me thinking about how good a crop of young players are emerging this year. I hope that many of these players are part of the YGS set in Elite.

My picks

Brisbane - Isaako

Canberra - Nicoll-Klokstad (very unlikely given his late signing, think it will be Guler)

Canterbury - Okunbor (again, wasn't in the frame early, likely Martin)

Cronulla - Xerri

Gold Coast - Brimson

Manly - Garrick

Melbourne - Brandon Smith

Newcastle - Ramien

Nth Qld - Clifford

Parramatta - Brown or Niukore

Penrith - Kikau

Souths - Graham

St George - Lawrie

Easts - Radley

NZ - Papali'i (Tavita-Harris also a good option)

Wests - Marsters
I’ll be going Nikora over Xerri.
Baby brailey is going ok also. We have three juniors in the team. You can add Williams and or Uele too

As the time rolls closer to the release of 2019 elite,we all, including myself look forward in seeing who the young guns,league sensations and road to the finals players will be.We also put our wish list out there,hopeing we get a player we would love to have an auto of.As Matt26 said the cards are in the artwork stage at the moment,so i think that means the players have been informed they will be signing for there respective clubs.Im wondering if esp/tla could start a new concept such as auto,s from players that have made a great contribution to the game,but never got the praise they deserve.I would love to have a Nathan Blacklock auto.This most likely will never happen,but with the like,s of people such as Matt26,Michael/Diggazs ,who are always trying to inform esp/tla what the collectors would like to see,it could happen.The standard of there releases are getting better each year,this idea won,t happen this year,but as a dragons fan,and there are quite a few,who would,t want a Nathan Blacklock auto with the heading Class Act.Maybe between now and next year Matt26 could put up some form of pole to see if there is any interest.But just put one player forward,not your total wish list.Thanks for listening to an old man have a whinge.

Rodney Dangerfield's Rugby League Signatures?

Once I came up with such suggestion in a post a few years ago but the feedback I received was a back end concept being numbered would make the high end nature of the bigger hit inserts retract. In series ii AFL releases they have such concept and parallel sets seem to sell out by Christmas but again that's for select which is a different story to Esp/TLA as ii looks

nrl on ozcard is quiet at present.

I think its a combination of a lot of things...…..its been 2 and a half months since traders was released...…..no Power Play to fill the gap in between and the next release will be in July (likely) so quite some time until we have new cards to buy.

While I know things are already being looked at for next year, I think if there are going to be 3 releases - Traders/Elite/Other they need to be spaced out as March (Season Kick Off) - June (Origin) - Sept (Finals Time).

I am looking forward to Elite...….I hope its similar to last year with a few tweaks but trust me we will be looking to have previews here as soon as possible!

Thanks Matt! In all honesty I do think Esp nailed it in terms of making selects last 2012 dynasty a run for its money! Should there be no black Opal mojo out of 1, I'd then suspect common card line up to be:

Ruby /40 (144); 1:24 packs; cards predominantly silver but with red outline

Sapphire /20 (144); 1:48 packs; cards predominantly silver but with blue outline

Gold /10 (144); 1:96 packs; cards predominantly gold but with a back end style design like 18 elite mojo cards

Two team packed mojo versions:
Emerald /10 (16); 1:4 cases
Black Diamond /05 (16); 1:8 cases

Above sets to resemble a front end design and will not look like parallel cards unlike Ruby, sapphire and gold versions - those to be similar to 18 elite mojo and emerald and black inclusive to resemble 16/17 elite mojo sets

Apart from that everything else Matt suggested I agree with a box hit card for each one in a case of ten

67152835-D254-4806-BCE3-27E8CA34560F.png

Couldn’t get a screen shot of the other player....

Back
Top Bottom