2019 TLA Elite - Official Thread

definitely Shaun Johnson

Ah that's more like it: knew the parallel signature black boards would be back as well as the white boards - look's there will be no extreme surprises in this release - only improvements from last year's?

Thread starting to quieten down again - I guess it's because we're not expecting anything really surprising for this release and already have some idea of what will be in it and what really won't be.

It's coming to that sort of time of the year when you seem to becoming up to date with the older cards you need and are diying to find out what will be the next stuff you most want to chase.

Just to recap, this is what we have SOME idea for 19 elite (I think!!?):

League sensation White board signature

League sensation Black board signature

Young guns black
Young guns silver

Sapphire 20 mojo cards packed individually (1:48)

Ruby 40 mojo cards packed as the BOX card concept; replacing the 10th common team card (1:box outside packs)

Emerald 10 mojo team sets, something tells me packed by team still

Black diamond 05, packed by team still

Now while I won't be surprised should there be a Black Opal mojo out of 1, rumours suggest I'll be wrong there as punters have pushed for mojo /5 the highest they'll go and if that's true the diamond 05 mojo will look a lot fancier than the 18 elite /5 mojo design??

Last edited:
Would like to see them just tape up the Top Loaders for PIF cards so that the $20 cards dont continue to arrive damaged in the post.

EDIT - my comment above was way off topic. I apologise. But I still maintain that cards arriving damaged and having no one respond email, FB posts etc is disappointing and the issue could be easily avoided.

Last edited:
Thread starting to quieten down again - I guess it's because we're not expecting anything really surprising for this release and already have some idea of what will be in it and what really won't be.

It's coming to that sort of time of the year when you seem to becoming up to date with the older cards you need and are diying to find out what will be the next stuff you most want to chase.

Just to recap, this is what we have SOME idea for 19 elite (I think!!?):

League sensation White board signature

League sensation Black board signature

Young guns black
Young guns silver

Sapphire 20 mojo cards packed individually (1:48)

Ruby 40 mojo cards packed as the BOX card concept; replacing the 10th common team card (1:box outside packs)

Emerald 10 mojo team sets, something tells me packed by team still

Black diamond 05, packed by team still

Now while I won't be surprised should there be a Black Opal mojo out of 1, rumours suggest I'll be wrong there as punters have pushed for mojo /5 the highest they'll go and if that's true the diamond 05 mojo will look a lot fancier than the 18 elite /5 mojo design??

I'm not sure if they will go down the 1/1 path just yet but who knows?

I would take last years release, make the mojo cards all single cards falling from 1 per box for the Rubies through to the Diamond Mojo #/5 at around 1 per case.

Ditch the Road to the Finals and replace this with a jersey patch auto for each team #/40 - 1 per case with each card having a 1/1 Jersey Team Logo Patch Auto version (think Logoman Auto out of the NBA).

Id be very happy with this!

Cheers
Matt

I'm not sure if they will go down the 1/1 path just yet but who knows?

I would take last years release, make the mojo cards all single cards falling from 1 per box for the Rubies through to the Diamond Mojo #/5 at around 1 per case.

Ditch the Road to the Finals and replace this with a jersey patch auto for each team #/40 - 1 per case with each card having a 1/1 Jersey Team Logo Patch Auto version (think Logoman Auto out of the NBA).

Id be very happy with this!

Cheers
Matt

You may even see 8 teams with a patch this year and the other 8 next year if they do go down that road ....

Will certainly be happy if you're right there Matt! I do like the idea of a Guernsey card for each club, so

Rising to fame Guernsey /90
Rising to fame Guernsey /40

Rising to fame I decided to call it just for now due to the RF initial abbreviations replacing yet remaining the same as road to finals

That'd mean one case hit per box

League sensation White
League sensation Black

Young guns black
Young guns silver

RF Guernsey /90 gold
RF Guernsey /40 platinum
RF Guernsey 1/1 titanium (NRL logo)
RF Guernsey 1/1 nugget (club logo)

Will certainly be happy if you're right there Matt! I do like the idea of a Guernsey card for each club, so

Rising to fame Guernsey /90
Rising to fame Guernsey /40

Rising to fame I decided to call it just for now due to the RF initial abbreviations replacing yet remaining the same as road to finals

That'd mean one case hit per box

League sensation White
League sensation Black

Young guns black
Young guns silver

RF Guernsey /90 gold
RF Guernsey /40 platinum
RF Guernsey 1/1 titanium (NRL logo)
RF Guernsey 1/1 nugget (club logo)

Nice concept but not sure you will see 48 authentic signatures in 1 release .....16 Black , 16 Silver and 16 Jersey ....

Not unless the packets and boxes are going up again .....

You may even see 8 teams with a patch this year and the other 8 next year if they do go down that road ....

Funny, Select did this for AFL over the past 2 years...…..its possible that this may happen!

Would like to see them just tape up the Top Loaders for PIF cards so that the $20 cards dont continue to arrive damaged in the post.
Received this replacement card today.It was put back in the toploader i sent it in. With sticky tape across the top,and the cardboard i wrapped around it with.Someone is listing to what we are trying to get through to them.
1559716703577-1773641884.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom