2019 TLA Elite - Official Thread

Most can be picked up for $200 or less with the exception of Souths, Ponga and Hunt.
Ok but someone told me that this year's YG black ink signatures will be out of 80, the silver ink /40 whilst the white and gold board LS signatures out of 65, gold ink out of 50 and finally a third para (platinum on black like the YG) out of 25

Ok but someone told me that this year's YG black ink signatures will be out of 80, the silver ink /40 whilst the white and gold board LS signatures out of 65, gold ink out of 50 and finally a third para (platinum on black like the YG) out of 25

Not what I have been told?

Each year when the new releases are due out,there is a lot of hearsay of what are in the new sets.Numbered cards,cheap inserts and so on.We also have wish lists.I really don,t mind what,s in each set.Because it gives us all something to talk about,show the cards we have pulled from pkts and gives us all a chance to trade and help each other with obtaining the cards we need.

Each year when the new releases are due out,there is a lot of hearsay of what are in the new sets.Numbered cards,cheap inserts and so on.We also have wish lists.I really don,t mind what,s in each set.Because it gives us all something to talk about,show the cards we have pulled from pkts and gives us all a chance to trade and help each other with obtaining the cards we need.
Suppose thats why it is called ozcardtrader

Hmmmm it looks like many numbered cards do lose value: what it comes down to IMO is a 2012 dynasty black LL card (that isn't even a signature and supposing on par to something on the same hit as a TLA equivalent) is hard to nab off a seller for $400 (that's just for the modest players/clubs) when some of those gold LS signatures from last year you can get for as little as $100. I think it's because some of those big resellers have been hoarding many copies of the black LL cards - making out they don't have them (but they secretly do) and encouraging us collectors to chase them because they don't have them?

Hmmmm it looks like many numbered cards do lose value: what it comes down to IMO is a 2012 dynasty black LL card (that isn't even a signature and supposing on par to something on the same hit as a TLA equivalent) is hard to nab off a seller for $400 (that's just for the modest players/clubs) when some of those gold LS signatures from last year you can get for as little as $100. I think it's because some of those big resellers have been hoarding many copies of the black LL cards - making out they don't have them (but they secretly do) and encouraging us collectors to chase them because they don't have them?
Pretty much right on,
There are more people on here that call them selves collectors, when all they do is buy heaps of product, predominantly elite, because of the ratios of cards to cases, bust all the boxes and flog the product from daylight to dusk, this is why elite pretty much sells out, where as traders does not.
When there is so many people trying to make coin on their product , the market becomes flooded and becomes not worth what they pay for it.
There is no fix for it, unless you increase the product price, when you do this ,
People will wonder if they can afford to buy product, if you do not have product selling, then you have to stop producing product.
So where does that leave the passionate collector, up shit creek without cards.
Most collectors Are team set collectors these days, mainly because of the expense, ie way too many numbered cards to collect.
Whats a full set of cards worth to collect these days, elite 10k,15k.
Its only going to get worse as they produce more and more cards, even traders has had an increase in the amount of numbered cards produced,
Imo select had a good balance of cards.
As Jarrah has put up previously, you will not stop this, its like trying to stop the stock market, or for instance trying to stop someone that likes kalyn ponga, collecting all his black sig cards from last set.
If that person has the funds to do it, you gunna have to wait.
Sooner or later it will happen, that persons has to sell up at some stage.

Last edited:
Jarrah, i know someone that has so many llb from 2012 it would make your blood boil, 34 braith anastas alone for start, if you want to buy all his cards you could start at around 50k

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom