2019 TLA Elite - Official Thread

I’ve been to 5 newsagents today.
Every box had a hit. Pulled 3 white YGs, 1 white LS and a Dogs Jersey Sig. These boxes were definitely newsagent stock and not dealers.
You buy the whole boxes or just until a hit ?

While that's what it should be, they get around this with the fine print on the packets stating something like the odds are against the entire production run, not per box. The only card they give a per box ratio rather than per packet are the Custodian box card.

Correct, every manufacturer has an out saying the stated odds are based on the entire print run and not reflective of any pack box or case.

Given that there are 158400 packets produced and 5760 rubies produced odds are 1 per 27.5 packs. The 1 per 24 is not acheivable as there are not enough cards produced to achieve those odds and that is the only reason some newsagency boxes are short the rubies and sapphires.

Given that there are 158400 packets produced and 5760 rubies produced odds are 1 per 27.5 packs. The 1 per 24 is not acheivable as there are not enough cards produced to achieve those odds and that is the only reason some newsagency boxes are short the rubies and sapphires.
and they also keep spares, so the odds are NEVER NEVER EVER GOING TO BE WHAT THEY SAY THEY ARE.

What is the difference between hobby and newsagent stock? Can you get the 1 of s in the newsagent stock?

What is the difference between hobby and newsagent stock? Can you get the 1 of s in the newsagent stock?
the only difference that's meant to be is the newsagent stock doesn't have case cards like the dealers

Here are some new images from the signing with Aidan Guerra from the Knights.

AG.jpg
AG2.jpg
AG3.jpg

Looks like one of the mining round jerseys.

Why do you line there pockets with your money every release if the product or company in your eyes is so bad ?????
I dont, have not done it for a couple of years, only collect 36 cards and occasional dragons cards.
Way to hard to be a master set collector.
Why buy cases only to find out you are never going to get what you want.
MIGHT AS WELL LET DEALERS DO THAT,

I dont, have not done it for a couple of years, only collect 36 cards and occasional dragons cards.
Way to hard to be a master set collector.
Why buy cases only to find out you are never going to get what you want.
MIGHT AS WELL LET DEALERS DO THAT,

Every single card you purchase supports the Company that has the cards produced so really you do .....

Why do you line there pockets with your money every release if the product or company in your eyes is so bad ?????

I don't anymore either as a reseller.
I was that close to removing all TLA product from the shelves but I hate to disappoint the local kids.
Took delivery of 3 boxes today and a few folders.
Won't bust again until something changes.

I don't anymore either as a reseller.
I was that close to removing all TLA product from the shelves but I hate to disappoint the local kids.
Took delivery of 3 boxes today and a few folders.
Won't bust again until something changes.

But you are supporting TLA and lining there pockets as you sell there product ....

Unfortunately you as a business sometimes you have to sell some products you would prefer not to because if you don’t they go elsewhere to purchase the items... That can also be the difference between opening and closing the doors ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom