2019 Official NRL Thread (Spoilers/Rumours/Game Results/Discussions etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason they did not take their title is because it would kill the club. They hit em with huge fines and then suspend a huge percentage of it. They lost huge money last year and sacked a pile of staff. They're just hanging in there. They have hit them with a wet lettuce. If the sharks go to the wall all of a sudden there is 15 teams, the NRL couldn't supply 8 games a week, and all the media deals would be null and void. No new clubs or areas could fill in the void. The NRL are insulting my intelligence if they think I'm gonna believe that they were over the cap for 5 years except the premiership year. Good on the sharks for getting away with it

I hadn’t heard that anywhere ? Where you hear they are just hanging in?
I would of thought that prime realestate surrounding the ground that they own would of fetched a few $$?

Last edited:
Souths looked good in that second 40 last night.

Since when did Gagai become a speed bump? I always thought he was a reasonable defender, 5 missed tackles, let two tries in and was bumped several times.

Since when did Gagai become a speed bump? I always thought he was a reasonable defender, 5 missed tackles, let two tries in and was bumped several times.

Gagai is dogshit unless playing for QLD or Indigenous.

souths were playing as a team in the second 40, unlike the dragons, did not play as a team the whole night.
Shades of 2009 all over again.
I still can't belive that Mary is using the same game plan it sucks.
He has 1 of the best forward packs in the comp and comes up with the same crap all the time.
It has been said for decades that a good pack leads the way, if you don't use them you will loose them.
Get them going 1 after the other 3-4 times in a row and moove forward, that will create forward momentum, hence you have space for your halfs and backs to moove.

souths were playing as a team in the second 40, unlike the dragons, did not play as a team the whole night.
Shades of 2009 all over again.
I still can't belive that Mary is using the same game plan it sucks.
He has 1 of the best forward packs in the comp and comes up with the same crap all the time.
It has been said for decades that a good pack leads the way, if you don't use them you will loose them.
Get them going 1 after the other 3-4 times in a row and moove forward, that will create forward momentum, hence you have space for your halfs and backs to moove.

Missing Frizell & De Belin hurts. The latter was a huge reason for their strong middle last year. The impact of Ah Mau from the bench is missed also, K Sims will help with that when he returns.

Lafai looked dangerous, no idea why they make three changes to the spine to get Dufty into the game. Dufty should be 1, Widdop 6, Hunt 7 (you don’t put your marquee 7 at 1.2 million a year in as a backup hooker) and Mcinnes as an 80 minute 9. Norman should be a utility, could cover most spots in the backline.

Missing Frizell & De Belin hurts. The latter was a huge reason for their strong middle last year. The impact of Ah Mau from the bench is missed also, K Sims will help with that when he returns.

Lafai looked dangerous, no idea why they make three changes to the spine to get Dufty into the game. Dufty should be 1, Widdop 6, Hunt 7 (you don’t put your marquee 7 at 1.2 million a year in as a backup hooker) and Mcinnes as an 80 minute 9. Norman should be a utility, could cover most spots in the backline.
your right on with those comments Brendan, I still think Mary could do a better plan and utilize his pack better, have norman off the bench.

Love them or not, it is easy to see why the Storm are continually the benchmark.

They play within the letter of the law and execute to perfection. Canberra were ordinary for the first 20 but showed some good fight for the remainder. Never like to lose but good to iron out issues against the best early on.

Have to say the games this round so far have been great!

Thought the Roosters showed their class tonight.

Have to say the games this round so far have been great!

Thought the Roosters showed their class tonight.
glad to see parra in the game until about the 50th minute.
Good to see kane evans and co moving forward, if they play like that the rest of the season, I can see they will win a few games and grow in confidence.

Hey matt26 , there's no point closing my threads. Your one doesn't talk about specific news or motm. I make threads based on specific titles , unlike yours. So I would appreciate it if you'd stop closing my threads just because you're an administrator.
:thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom