2019 Official NRL Thread (Spoilers/Rumours/Game Results/Discussions etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Smith retirement from all forms of rep Footy effectively immediately!
Didn’t see that coming!
I reckon it was Storm’s saying as it’s was reported he wanted a 2-3yr contract extension and if storm where to say yes they where suss on him playing rep as well

Shannon Boyd to GC Titans on 4 year, 2.4 million deal.

If he plays like he did v the Titans in round 9, great pick up but if regularly trots our performances like last week he is getting paid well overs!!

Shannon Boyd to GC Titans on 4 year, 2.4 million deal.

If he plays like he did v the Titans in round 9, great pick up but if regularly trots our performances like last week he is getting paid well overs!!
Are you guys going to have any props left?

Junior Paulo isnt an offcial done deal yet

Doesn’t look like it!

I am certain JP will return to Parramatta as I think he wants to be there and Canberra can’t match the $$$ on offer.

I believe Canberra are interested in Ah Mau and Bateman from the ESL
Yeah pretty certain he will be back at Parra

Any word on your halves situation as well?? There was word on Corey Norman at one stage but that seems to of dried up at this stage.

Yeah pretty certain he will be back at Parra

Any word on your halves situation as well?? There was word on Corey Norman at one stage but that seems to of dried up at this stage.

Heard the Norman rumour but not much more.

I believe Sezer is close to resigning. Austin says he wants to stay but last year he knocked back a 700k, multi year extension so Canberra have come back with a reduced deal. I hope he stays

And with one scrum, Nathan Peats has done more at hooker than Cam Smith in 360+ NRL games and 100 rep games.

Winning the scrum against the feed, hooking...amazing scenes!!!

So after Friday nights game there seems to be big talk about Roberts and Mitchell being the NSW centres despite both playing on the same side.

Fantastic attacking players but both have significant defensive issues, both reading and in first up contact. Surely Aitken walks into one spot just based on his defence.

So after Friday nights game there seems to be big talk about Roberts and Mitchell being the NSW centres despite both playing on the same side.

Fantastic attacking players but both have significant defensive issues, both reading and in first up contact. Surely Aitken walks into one spot just based on his defence.

The issue I see is that if you have both Mitchell and Roberts as centres....next to both of them you will likely have Maloney/Keary or Cleary.....lots of little guys for the big forwards like Hess etc to run through.

Unless they go with someone like Roberts on a wing, Addo Carr on the other with Aitken and Mitchell in the centres.

Who knows what Freddy will do...... but i share the same defensive concerns as you do!

I watch a lot of the Dragons obviously and I'm not sure how Aitken gets rated defensively so high. He's no Matt Cooper / Josh Morris, he has a bad misread or two in him.

Ross

I watch a lot of the Dragons obviously and I'm not sure how Aitken gets rated defensively so high. He's no Matt Cooper / Josh Morris, he has a bad misread or two in him.

Ross
When you compare Aitken to players who are available for NSW, Aitken stands out defensive above others. Morris is out of form and most centres are great in attack but lack in defence, where Aitken excels at both. Roberts is very lazy and only shows glimpses of what he can do.

I hope Aitken gets a spot, he deserves it.

Looking at Soward's and a few other high profile NSW team picks if it's Maloney Roberts and Mitchell in, is there defense as questionable as some are saying? All are great in offense though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom