2019 Official NRL Thread (Spoilers/Rumours/Game Results/Discussions etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah look I think you are right, maybe his forearm so fortunate call. Again though this supports the terrible officiating, 2 on field, 2 sideline and the bunker and they just can’t get any consistency.

Regardless though, it is all semantics, Penrith won and Canberra didn’t.

Thought it was a pretty ordinary game with some terrible officiating on both sides......was happy with Penrith getting the win but its debatable that Canberra was the better team for a majority of the game.

I did hear that Bunnings Canberra now has received a purchase order from the Raiders for some new sideline chairs! haha

Thought it was a pretty ordinary game with some terrible officiating on both sides......was happy with Penrith getting the win but its debatable that Canberra was the better team for a majority of the game.

I did hear that Bunnings Canberra now has received a purchase order from the Raiders for some new sideline chairs! haha
And 17 footballers lol or maybe just a new coach . Wouldn’t be the first club stick has ruined

Actually a decent football side, just can’t game manage / close out a game. You can be assured that if they were doing the wrong thing, there would be a much greater level of accountability and transparency though.

That’s what I mean . He killed the sharks and took over a decent roosters side . I know a bloke that played under him at the roosters and reckoned he wasn’t a favourite of the players. My tip is Ricky will be next to go?

Last edited:
Ricky cops it from everyone and I agree that he is hard bloke to like. I love his passion for Canberra and despite their current position on the ladder I think they are much better for him.

They have made key signings, moves on blokes past their prime and have some great youth.

As previously stated Canberra are their own worst enemy and I think the players are more accountable than the coach.

Unfortunately it is hard to attract players to Canberra. Top line halves are rare and command even more to go to Canberra.

Without having the TPA’s some clubs do it is just not an option.

I think the club has bought as well as they can. Hodgson has been a massive loss, with him in the line up several of the close ones would have been wins.

Unfortunately it is hard to attract players to Canberra. Top line halves are rare and command even more to go to Canberra.

Without having the TPA’s some clubs do it is just not an option.

I think the club has bought as well as they can. Hodgson has been a massive loss, with him in the line up several of the close ones would have been wins.

You have to pay overs and cross your fingers but you just cant win without them.

Absolutely right

I look back at Canberra’s close losses in the last couple of seasons and many would have been wins with a top class half.

I like Sezer but bad play last night getting caught on the 3rd and then leaving Havilli with the attempt at FG

Absolutely right

I look back at Canberra’s close losses in the last couple of seasons and many would have been wins with a top class half.

I like Sezer but bad play last night getting caught on the 3rd and then leaving Havilli with the attempt at FG
What was Havilli thinking.........

I tipped and had a few $$s on Canberra so can now appreciate how gut wrenching it must be to be the best team, lead all game, look like certainties and then snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Ross

What was Havilli thinking.........

I tipped and had a few $$s on Canberra so can now appreciate how gut wrenching it must be to be the best team, lead all game, look like certainties and then snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Ross

They have certainly made a habit of it. Prick of a team to support!!

If it is the Warriors (I'll believe it when I see it), it will be interesting to see, which way they go. If they like stuff on the score sheet then Fusitu'a with a hat trick might be hard to ignore. I thought Luke was great again, and can't believe he hasn't been offered a contract for next year. He has won us more games than any other player in 2018. Blake Green had a couple of below the radar assists too.

DCE won't be playing origin this year based on that performance.

As an aside - How do people feel about all the players that are pledging allegiance to Tonga? On one hand it is awesome for the mid-level teams, which is basically everyone, bar Australia. Do you want the other teams to flourish at the expense of Australia ever getting to play a competitive game? If NZ born and raised Polynesians are going to play for their country of heritage then there is very little left in the NZ RL scene. Personally, I think it is great....mostly

Agree, depth in the International game would be / is positive. It was great to see Tonga and Fiji make the World Cup semis as a change.

It may hurt Australia / NZ to a small degree but in reality money talks so unless the Pacific Island nations can pay somewhere near Tier 1 country money then the majority will always be able available for selection.

Cheers
Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom