2019 NRL Glory Release Official Thread

Hi..Just opened a box of Glory..and in the Charter Class Chrome CCC103 it has 2018 Induction Class, is it a taste of what the induction class signatures are like??

Just going over the charter class and trying to confirm which is shark besides ET and sludge. I know Beetson coached us and so did Johnny raper I think

Is there any way we can put clubs next to charters induction ?

Where do you stop?

Tom Raudonikis once had a beer at Northies.............

Burge drove through the shire on his way down the coast......

Where do you stop?

Tom Raudonikis once had a beer at Northies.............

Burge drove through the shire on his way down the coast......
Just the ones that are a shark but Beetson, Provan did coach us. Just asking that’s all

It wasn't really a shot at the Shire, I face a similar dilemma with Tallis should I collect his sig or not and not cheap, O'Connor is in a Dragons jersey so that one is a no brainier, but Sludge is in a Cronulla jersey so that is a tough card to add to STG PC.

Ross

It's always frustrating for team collectors to have players appear on certain cards in other teams' colours. I was a bit shocked (but happy) to see Bob McCarthy in the Berries strip. Had to be a Rabbitohs card for mine, but there you go.
My only issue with this set so far is the use of black & white for more recent players' cards. It just looks a bit cheap to have cards like Boustead, O'Connor, Price, Cronin, Coote, Beetson & Sattler in B&W when you know there would be plenty of colour images available.
I know the retro look of the set is important but the Future Famers and Induction Class signatures in B&W???
I reckon they could have paid homage to the history of Rugby League cards with some Scanlens style designs as well.
Anyway, I'm still in. More boxes is the forecast. ;)

It wasn't really a shot at the Shire, I face a similar dilemma with Tallis should I collect his sig or not and not cheap, O'Connor is in a Dragons jersey so that one is a no brainier, but Sludge is in a Cronulla jersey so that is a tough card to add to STG PC.

Ross

Very true. Would’ve much preferred to see Beetson in a QLD or Aus Jersey. Hard to swallow... a Roosters Jersey in the PC.

Ross
forget about him haha
Mate just don’t go near Tallis. Can’t stand that grub.

It's always frustrating for team collectors to have players appear on certain cards in other teams' colours. I was a bit shocked (but happy) to see Bob McCarthy in the Berries strip. Had to be a Rabbitohs card for mine, but there you go.
My only issue with this set so far is the use of black & white for more recent players' cards. It just looks a bit cheap to have cards like Boustead, O'Connor, Price, Cronin, Coote, Beetson & Sattler in B&W when you know there would be plenty of colour images available.
I know the retro look of the set is important but the Future Famers and Induction Class signatures in B&W???
I reckon they could have paid homage to the history of Rugby League cards with some Scanlens style designs as well.
Anyway, I'm still in. More boxes is the forecast. ;)
McCarthy in the berries and Coote in the roosters. I’ll still collect a couple of each and get them signed too

Back
Top Bottom