2017 Regal Football Greats of the Game

I've always wondered what you collect Ming?

I've only ever seen you sell around these parts but i'm probably wrong.:lol:

I was told you sold your Kangaroos collection off a decade ago. Are you still collecting Kangaroos cards?

Let me know what it is you collect and i can keep an eye out for you if i come across anything you need. :)

I dont want to take away from the fun some people are having from this thread!
But for your curiosity and viewing pleasure, l've put away a few bits and pieces.
https://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/threads/rooboys.211053/
https://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/threads/soccer-mail-day-year.211054/
https://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/threads/twins.211055/#post-1752823
https://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/threads/bruce-lee-and-mafioso.211056/

Nothing overly exciting, just some cards/stuff l found interesting.
Enjoy

I dont want to take away from the fun some people are having from this thread!
But for your curiosity and viewing pleasure, l've put away a few bits and pieces.
https://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/threads/rooboys.211053/
https://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/threads/soccer-mail-day-year.211054/
https://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/threads/twins.211055/#post-1752823
https://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/threads/bruce-lee-and-mafioso.211056/

Nothing overly exciting, just some cards/stuff l found interesting.
Enjoy

Wowsers i wasn't expecting all those maildays at once. :lol:

I love the Bruce Lee book and MJ rookie cards always are beautiful to look at and very exciting if you ask me. The Timmy Cahill isn't bad either.

Thanks for sharing Ming and hopefully we see some more maildays from you in the future. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Wowsers i wasn't expecting all those maildays at once. :lol:

I love the Bruce Lee book and MJ rookie cards always are beautiful to look at and very exciting if you ask me. The Timmy Cahill isn't bad either.

Thanks for sharing Ming and hopefully we see some more maildays from you in the future. :thumbsup:
thanks Brad.
Will be adding Lindsy Fox to the collection from the Greats series.

Shall l hit you up for any Eagles cards?

There's heaps of people getting these at wholesale prices that aren't listed on their re-sellers lists. I guess it one set or rules for some but not others.

It seems those who defend this product have a vested interest in their motives too! A fair few on here are very close to Regal than they are leading on ;).

Nice to see all these new members pop up out of nowhere, I guess new releases usually warrants this lolll

I remember draft prospects being 'Sold Out' yet they were still selling cases and boxes under the tables for the next three years!!!

Regal aren't about the collectors, heck he doesn't even collect himself, only thing they collect is $$$.
My motive is to keep card industry growing.
Hence, l will always look at every release glass half full.
Take the best points from the product and feed it back to the manufacturer.
The more people in the game, the more collectable any release become.
Great for sellers and buyers.

You can say l am pro Regal, pro Select, pro t&p and pro ESP.

l am anti public negativity against cards. we need the industry to grow and not loose more collectors because people cant make a buck.

Raj, Apologies for using your post. not aiming it at you.

l am anti public negativity against cards. we need the industry to grow and not loose more collectors because people cant make a buck.
I'm a bit the same.
I'm a collector, I don't care about the politics, or who will or won't make money from a product.
Every card manufacturer produces cards to make money, whether it's Select or Regal or whoever.

As I have said previously, while I still update my collection with Select cards, I feel they have gone a bit stale lately.
Greats of the Game represents something new and fresh.

No logos, black and white photos, or being unlicensed doesn't bother me at all, I like the look of the cards, a lot.
But I understand why this might deter others.

Very much each to their own on this release and i actually love the idea of guernsey numbered cards and the limited release. but have to admit the motives are questionable, cards fairly boring and deficencies very obvious.

I think if you are going to have the balls to name a series "greats of the game" you at least have to go close. However thats not saying i am on selects side as lets face it cameron mcarthy is hardly influential and half their sigs are either delisted or moved clubs.

I guess i am just waiting for a release to deliver what it promises and introduce some eyr catching cards!!

I see all these american two dollar cards that look absoloutly amazing and just wish for once australians could get a product of similiar quality (without the mass production and flooded markets tgat u see in america)

But as i said each to their own and this thread shows how beauty is at the eye of the beholder

Raj, Apologies for using your post. not aiming it at you.

All good bro, my post wasn't directed at you btw!

I'm all for positive promotions for these manufacturers but I'm over their deception! i.e TNP selling cards/ sets under the table to those that are close, ESP and their shady dealings with certain re-sellers, Select (we all know about them), Regal as stated above.

Until they start acting ethically I won't be standing by watching them blatantly rip off collectors! They have every right to know what is really going on!

Ok, so the main reason you don't like the product is because "the title is misleading", not all of the players featured are "Greats".
Fair enough, it's the same reason I don't collect Future Force. It's very misleading, not every player in that series will become a good AFL player, or a "force" in the AFL as their title suggests.
I think there are few on here focusing on some of the lesser players in Greats, I'm more looking at the numerous champions that are in the series, many of which have never had a sig card released before.
Barassi, Hart, Wanganeen, Daicos, Daniher, beckwith, Koutoufides, Ayres, Templeton, Reynolds, Carman, Malthouse, Glendinning. There's plenty there to get excited about. Plus some of the quirky cards like a Lindsay Fox and Warwick Capper. Show me one Saints fan that wouldn't want an Ian Cooper sig card.

Just in relation to the 3 Reynolds cut sigs, has anything that limited ever been released in Australia? I know panini have 1 of 1s in a lot of their products in the US, but would this be the most limited card ever released here in Australia?

Tap n play did gold jerseys last year same as this limited to players jersey - they had an Usman Khawaja card that was 1/1 (jersey 1). They are also doing three Don Bradman cut signatures in this years set.

In NRL TLA have done 1of 1 cards the last few years so yeah, there are quite a few cards as rare or rarer than these that are Australian release cards.

Tap n play did gold jerseys last year same as this limited to players jersey - they had an Usman Khawaja card that was 1/1 (jersey 1). They are also doing three Don Bradman cut signatures in this years set.

In NRL TLA have done 1of 1 cards the last few years so yeah, there are quite a few cards as rare or rarer than these that are Australian release cards.

The day Select decide to do a 1/1 Card will be the day I stop collecting, I hope they never go down that path

So someone from Regal has a consulting type role with TNP or vice versa? :eek:

Yep, a lot of unhappy NRL and cricket collectors. I had master sets of cricket up until last year. Now all but impossible :mad:.

At least they are putting cards sets out though.....
Anything numbered under 20 is a mistake imo, just look at 1996 Brownlow predictors almost impossible to find, great if your a seller and have 1 not so great if you need 1

The day Select decide to do a 1/1 Card will be the day I stop collecting, I hope they never go down that path
agree Brendan nba bfl etc all done that path . when you can buy sigs for $1 and patches for 50 cents that's the aftermath of 1 of 1s devalues everything else numbered to 20 is ok any less are you really thinking about the collector master set collectors are almost dead if you loose the team collector aswell just about game over
like you if it ever comes to the point were select do # under 20 id be out , completely different market us sport collectors v afl

agree Brendan nba bfl etc all done that path . when you can buy sigs for $1 and patches for 50 cents that's the aftermath of 1 of 1s devalues everything else numbered to 20 is ok any less are you really thinking about the collector master set collectors are almost dead if you loose the team collector aswell just about game over
like you if it ever comes to the point were select do # under 20 id be out , completely different market us sport collectors v afl

Think future force are going to be pretty low (maybe even /25) if rumours are true this year so gettingg lower year by year

Think future force are going to be pretty low (maybe even /25) if rumours are true this year so gettingg lower year by year
I dont mind future force being low as its a bit of a niche market. Took me a while but eventually got a green heeney sig. $300s is ok, would have cost $200s if bought straight away. I reckon /25 is looking at $200s still on aftermarket. Franklin influential #33 sold for $330 last week so dont think costs for buyers are going to be unobtainable.

That's not really due to the low numbered cards though. That's due to the market being flooded with game used and autos.

We (the consumer) are our own worst enemies, once upon a time it was about building a set, you got excited by hitting the base of the top players. Now it's about the hits you get from a box (complaining if you don't) and the return on investment (this box cost me $200, but I'll only get $50 on eBay).

And I think you are right the days of the master sets are numbered.

I dont mind future force being low as its a bit of a niche market. Took me a while but eventually got a green heeney sig. $300s is ok, would have cost $200s if bought straight away. I reckon /25 is looking at $200s still on aftermarket. Franklin influential #33 sold for $330 last week so dont think costs for buyers are going to be unobtainable.
The thing is though these cards being produced are not from an OFFICIAL supplier so in actual fact the premise that the Royce Hart sig (for example)which is limited to 25 doesnt hold much weight because in the end it is not an OFFICIAL card. Anyone can get a set of cards made and get them signed and say they are limited also. i must they are a very nice looking card. just some of the players are not greats

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom