2017 Regal Football Greats of the Game

He is about 18 years older now, might have something to do with it.

Probably he is also signing across the shorter edge of the card as well not the full length of it......plus that other card is 18+ years ago is probably also a reason.

I'm after some guidance in relation to "Buy Back" cards.
1) If the player simply signs the card is it permissible for the number, eg 2/4, to be added by someone else?
I ask because it is obvious that the 2/4 on the Matthews card is in a different pen than the signature, also I have been advised by the person who did the signing with Matthews (for these Stimorol cards) that Matthews didn't number the cards.
Any feedback regarding my question is greatly appreciated.

I'm after some guidance in relation to "Buy Back" cards.
1) If the player simply signs the card is it permissible for the number, eg 2/4, to be added by someone else?
I ask because it is obvious that the 2/4 on the Matthews card is in a different pen than the signature, also I have been advised by the person who did the signing with Matthews (for these Stimorol cards) that Matthews didn't number the cards.
Any feedback regarding my question is greatly appreciated.

Trigger, yes......I know for all NBA products they have the players sign the cards then they are hand numbered by the manufacturer. This is common practice. No different to say the older TNP/Dynamic/ESP signature cards being hand numbered on the back.

To my knowledge (at least in the NBA sphere) no players hand number the cards.

Cheers Matt, appreciate your knowledge regarding the NBA. A customer of mine rang this morning and said he had a heap of Jesaulenko Hall of Fame Signed cards. He wanted to know if he now hand numbered them 1/25 to 25/25 is that acceptable. Told him I had no idea.

Cheers Matt, appreciate your knowledge regarding the NBA. A customer of mine rang this morning and said he had a heap of Jesaulenko Hall of Fame Signed cards. He wanted to know if he now hand numbered them 1/25 to 25/25 is that acceptable. Told him I had no idea.
I think he could if he wanted too, but would then need to put a hologram sticker and have a certificate of authenticity to go with it, so people know where it came from

interesting cards. ideas great and the cards look the goods, seen in person the size of the stock and finish etc
just for me the chances of getting a high end box is slim compared to the number low end sigs.
i dislike the no colour / logos but thats not their fault.
Ill pass even though i do like the anderson and wanganneen sorta in port magpies colours

Glad they didn’t go with Dunstall from this set, that helmet was bad :D

620116D6-2EB7-4DD1-AFB1-E3407EF379DA.jpeg

Not going to see my box until tomorrow. I ordered Friday and paid extra for express postage, would have thought it was being sent yesterday but didn't get away until today.

So here are some points of mine.
The card stock and finish on the Cooper and Malthouse are second to none, brilliant. Turn the cards on their side and these 2 have what appears to be a triple layer. Very well done. No question that these are so far probably the best quality trading cards produced for the Aus market. So well done there, they feel amazing.
Disappointed the cards are not packed into top loaders, they are a snug fit in the cut out in the boxes and i was worried id damage them when removing them.
Was happy to pull an 02/100 but had to Google who Ian Cooper was, apparently he played 93 games for Collingwood between 1972-82, with his best achievements being playing in a losing grand final in 1981 and keeping Peter Hudson goalless in round 2 of 1974. And nothing to note in his before or after VFL days. Now come on, he might have been serviceable but in absolutely no way is he a 'Great of the Game'. We have all seen the list of players in this set and it has been discussed in length, the chance of actually hitting a great of the game in this release going by the same name is very thin. That would be my biggest issue. That and the $140 box price is too high in my opinion. $100 per box would have been about right.
Just my thoughts. I might try and get some of the Hawks players for my PC but wont be paying overs for them. I'll give it time and I'l sure these prices will drop dramatically.

I reckon you've got your Ian Coopers mixed up. I believe the player featured in this set is the st kilda Ian cooper who was best on ground in their 1966 premiership. To Saints fans, he is royalty

I reckon you've got your Ian Coopers mixed up. I believe the player featured in this set is the st kilda Ian cooper who was best on ground in their 1966 premiership. To Saints fans, he is royalty

I think you might be right there mate, didn't realise there were 2. Thought it was a funny looking Collingwood jumper. Thanks for clarifying that for me mate. Thought it was strange the Cooper i found had no actual achievements. BOG in a winning grand final sounds better lol. I still stick by the lack of greats in this release though.

I think you might be right there mate, didn't realise there were 2. Thought it was a funny looking Collingwood jumper. Thanks for clarifying that for me mate. Thought it was strange the Cooper i found had no actual achievements. BOG in a winning grand final sounds better lol. I still stick by the lack of greats in this release though.
I'll agree there are a couple of categories I guess.
Obviously the likes of Barassi, Royce Hart, Malthouse, Daicos, Wanganeen, Kouta, Gary Ayres etc are true greats
But there are a few guys that while technically aren't "greats", they are significant players.
Ian Cooper is a great example. BOG in the Saints only Premiership win, to you and me it might be a bit "meh", but I'm sure a Saints fan would love that card.
I doubt Alan Stoneham will ever make the Hall of Fame, but to a Bulldogs collector, his sig card would be a nice pull.
Some of these guys have never had cards, let alone signature cards.
I have a sizable Essendon collection, yet I don't have any David Shaw cards, I'm pretty sure the guy doesn't have a card until now. He played in the 1962 and 1965 Essendon premiership teams.
A 2 time Premiership player, 177 games, and he had no cards ever.
Now not only does he have a card, but a signature card and limited gold cards etc.

But I guess it's like all collecting.
You can buy a box of certified and get a Adam Treloar sig, or you might get a Sam Lloyd or Dennis Armfield.
You might be lucky with Greats, or not.

I'll agree there are a couple of categories I guess.
Obviously the likes of Barassi, Royce Hart, Malthouse, Daicos, Wanganeen, Kouta, Gary Ayres etc are true greats
But there are a few guys that while technically aren't "greats", they are significant players.
Ian Cooper is a great example. BOG in the Saints only Premiership win, to you and me it might be a bit "meh", but I'm sure a Saints fan would love that card.
I doubt Alan Stoneham will ever make the Hall of Fame, but to a Bulldogs collector, his sig card would be a nice pull.
Some of these guys have never had cards, let alone signature cards.
I have a sizable Essendon collection, yet I don't have any David Shaw cards, I'm pretty sure the guy doesn't have a card until now. He played in the 1962 and 1965 Essendon premiership teams.
A 2 time Premiership player, 177 games, and he had no cards ever.
Now not only does he have a card, but a signature card and limited gold cards etc.

But I guess it's like all collecting.
You can buy a box of certified and get a Adam Treloar sig, or you might get a Sam Lloyd or Dennis Armfield.
You might be lucky with Greats, or not.

Agree to a degree but odds of getting a dud is way to high for my liking in this release. I have seen alot o people post their box hits and tbh i actually think i would have been pretty flat if i had of busted 95% of them

Agree to a degree but odds of getting a dud is way to high for my liking in this release. I have seen alot o people post their box hits and tbh i actually think i would have been pretty flat if i had of busted 95% of them
Perhaps.
It looks like if you get a case, you'll be fine.
But one or two boxes only, yeah it's a bit hit or miss.
This is high end stuff. And I agree, not everyone can afford to buy a case.

Back
Top Bottom