2017 Collecting goals....Early but why not!!

shawnkemp40

🔴⚪⚫
Real Name
Dylan
So with the year coming to an end and we reflect on what we added for 2016, what are you hoping to achieve / looking for in 2017?
2016 was a strange collecting year for me. Limited JE's released until the last few months of the year so I started collecting random stuff to fill the void. Started with 1 of every Dom Wilkins Star co card and it had to be graded..these now reside with the correct person @OutlawNinja which is actually the highlight of my collecting full stop.
Then I started an Iman Shumpert side pc which is pretty huge, then he got a chip so that was cool but it still wasn't filling the void. Randomly hit some Drummonds in breaks and did a very small pc of him lost interest really quick and sold them all barring the 8 cards I have at Poonini for redemption. Picked up a few Kareem Eminence and a few more Kareem Flawless THEN the JE's came back into released and I have been the happiest in collecting for a while. So for me 2017 is NO MORE side pcs as they have pretty much all resulted in getting hosed but as that's not why I started them I am ok with it. It did make me realise I am a 1 player collector and at some stage i will start moving my shumps and solely focus on Ennis cards.
So that's my goal, fill the gaps of older releases and get as much of the new stuff as I can.
Sorry for the long post....so what is 2017 holding for you?????

2017, I will focus as I always have on Nique. Guess I am lucky that I collect the one man, did donate my MJ collection to one lucky person this year.
Felt great to give those away, something I hope to be able to do more of in 2017.
Want to get up to 500 total and 100 autos to start with. Gonna stick with on card autos and other high end where possible.
Be nice to see Upper Deck get their licence back and start pumping out the quality Black and Exquisite products we all love.
2016 ended in a great way for me as you all know :woot:

On to bigger and better things for everyone, may your PC swell with great patches and on card autos :thumbsup:

I'm at the stage that I am more of an observer / reading the forums rather than buying as there is not much out there that tickles my fancy. If I do, will still to singles.

I love this thread. Every year it would be my most searched thread.

At the end of 2016 my PG collection will be at approximately 600 cards (I will update this when I know the exact figure).

For 2017 I would like to (subject to change in the last remaining days of 2016):
- Increase my collection to 850 different PG cards. (Shouldn't be too difficult with Panini bringing out a different card for each different shade of colour! PG has over 50 cards in Prizm alone)
- Purchase a authentic PG signed ball
- Add another 2 letters to my 2015-16 Immaculate Nameplate Set. G-E-O-R-G-E (Got the red)
- Add another 2 to my 2013-14 Immaculate Numbers patches. Have 4 of the 10 currently.

With 2017 being my first full year (I hope) since I started collecting again, my aims are to continue to grow my Phoenix Suns PC. Main focus is on Rookie cards but always on the lookout for Eric Bledsoe, Devin Booker, TJ Warren, Brandon Knight, Alex Len and PJ Tucker when he appears on the odd occasion! Outside of this I would like to:
  1. Finish my 2016-17 Prizm Silver RC and RC Auto set chase
  2. Get a card graded Black Label
  3. Pick up a Jordan and Lebron on card auto (I can only hope)
  4. Finally get around to sorting out a display cabinet!!
Good luck to you all in 2017 :D

Always looking to add more Spurs cards but I want to add memorabilia over cards next year:

1. Finish off my Spurs All Time Roster PC to the point where I have one of each Spurs player that has a card signed whether IP or licensed.
2. Add a Tim Duncan auto to the PC
3. Obtain signed jerseys of each retired Spurs jersey (Silas, Moore, A Johnson, Duncan, Bowen, Elliott, Gervin, D Rob)
4. Win one match worn Spurs jersey through NBA Auctions or similar auction site.
5. Reach 100 Spurs On Card Autos

Some huge goals around, personally I am unsure of what I am going to do. Part of me just wants to keep at the Penny PC but it is so limited as to what I have left that I actually want to pick up and those few cards are gonna be so Pricey like 2 grand each per card or piece and honestly I think that will more than likely just drive me away as it will be so slow! The excitement if I do grab a couple of pieces will be shadowed by cost and time between.

So then I think of a new player PC but have no idea who, definitely a rookie probably mid class so not too pricey so I can actually pick up some of the cool stuff... maybe a set chase is the answer I don't know... I'm lost.

To be continued...??

My 2017 goals will see me slowly move away from the hobby due to my wifes ill health and mounting medical costs to get her home after a stroke, I will still be around looking for anything that catches my eye :) But will need to sell cards first :( I have slowly let some the pc go with more to go and keep the ones I want. Its the things we do for marriage :) :(

I'm building a house this year so my funds will be massively reduced.

My goal:
50 Faried (any quality)
Hit 200 tie dye (at 161 right now after 9 months)
Get 2 new Bynum exquisite Jumbo Patches
Add 15 to the UD Black set chase

Just some small ones to start...

1. Get to 10 true 1/1s for the Horford PC
2. Have $500-$1000 to spend on BO Black Friday stuff (I guess this counts as a goal...)
3. Begin an ATL Hawks 1/1 PC, and get to 15 Hawks true 1/1s by the end of the year

My 2017 goals will see me slowly move away from the hobby due to my wifes ill health and mounting medical costs to get her home after a stroke, I will still be around looking for anything that catches my eye :) But will need to sell cards first :( I have slowly let some the pc go with more to go and keep the ones I want. Its the things we do for marriage :) :(

Sorry to hear about your wife mate, let me know when you are offloading and I will do my best to help you out.

Very sorry to hear about the wife, really do hope you get her home and things start to turn up for you both.

Man, sorry to hear about that, hope she gets better!

I'm building a house this year so my funds will be massively reduced.

My goal:
50 Faried (any quality)
Hit 200 tie dye (at 161 right now after 9 months)
Get 2 new Bynum exquisite Jumbo Patches
Add 15 to the UD Black set chase

@nichj99 -I've built twice (not a builder) and it costs a lot of money! Make sure you check homeone forums especially slab heave.

Collecting goals hmm.. coming in fresh to cardboard I was unsure of what to collect. Do I PC my fav player or someone that I like who is cheap? Do I buy packs, singles, group breaks, boxes or cases!?! What's my budget for the week? i had a budget but it got blown out every week and I started getting int too deep and getting pricey cards that I didn't want to get into so early. Ok now I've told my life story here are my goals for 2017.

1- complete 1 rainbow(if anyone has any colours lmk)
2- get to 200 Giannis'
3- stick to my budget(not going to happen)
4- give away cards more that I know other members will love.

Good luck to all in 2017 and I hope u all have a safe and happy Xmas.

Goals for this year would be to buy or finish as many sets base and inserts that I can within budget and try and get a few more bulls auto and patches also list some giveaways when I can cause some people have already helped me so want to return the favor also buy a box never done before only got back into collecting at the end of last year

I've only started collecting NBA cards again in 2017 =] used to collect 20 years ago with my dad. I've been purchasing the 2016/17 Panini totally certified cards so I'd love to continue building that set up!

I'm also a huge Timberwolves fan so looking to get some cool Timberwolves cards!

Good luck all,

For me it's to knock down my wantlist a little and get the 2012 Flawless Dual Greats Shaq card :thumbsup:

Edit: No more cards outside the 90s for me

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom