2016 Brownlow Medal Discussion Thread

Scotty_WCE

West Coast card collector!
Real Name
Scott
eBay User
scotty_wce
We're about 24 hours away from the 2016 Brownlow Medal count. This means we're finally about to find out which of the Brownlow Predictors from Footy Stars will redeem a replica Brownlow Medal signature card!

Post your thoughts below. Who wins? How many votes will Danger get; more than Dane Swan's 34 in 2011? Who is your roughie to take it home? Who will get the most votes from your club?

My thoughts are danger on 32
Parker second and Neale/ Martin third. Smokey is Dylan Shiel or one of the GWS players will go big depending who the unpires are attracted to.

I reckon Patrick Dangerfield will win it with ease, maybe by 8+ votes. Like @drama5, I've got him tallying between 31-33 votes - just shy of Dane Swan's total.

I can't see it being the year of the roughie. Luke Parker's biggest challenge will come from players in his own team like Franklin, Heeney, Kennedy and Haneberry. In this current Sydney team, 25+ votes for one player represents a magnificent season.

I think Sam Mitchell will probably poll the most votes for my boys.

I think Danger will end up just under Swan's 34 - I'll go between 31 and 33. (@Matty76 - I wrote this before you posted!)

If I were to have a go at the top 5 I'd say:

1st Dangerfield
2nd Martin
3rd S Mitchell
4th Sloane
5th Parker

I guess anyone other than Danger would be considered a roughy!

I think Shuey will probably top West Coast's votes. I've been following Coniglio's year pretty closely and I think he'll go very close to topping the Giants' votes.

My top 5 would be:

1. Danger
2. Dusty
3. Luke Parker
4. Sloane
5. The Bont

I'm hoping for Dusty to win, I know he can't... #Dusty4Brownlow

And if anybody's interested, I spent the last two nights at Crown (where the count is taking place), and I saw a couple of AFL players and their WAGs around the place getting ready for tomorrow night.

Wish I'd known who the hell they were though: in 2013, I had a photo taken with Gary Ablett a day or two before he won the Brownlow near Crown's food court :)

Hard to go past Dangerfield, I'll say around 28 votes. With maybe Sloane and Martin in second and third place. My smokey would be big Maxy Gawn to poll more votes than expected, but don't think he can win. Sammy Mitchell to easily get most votes at Hawthorn, maybe just outside a top 10 finish for him.

I've got the Bont's Brownlow Predictor as my dark horse.

But obviously I gotta go with Dangerfield by a huge margin with Dusty or one of Sydney's elite midfielders coming 2nd and 3rd. I reckon he'll either tie or break Swan's record, cause I see him getting maximum votes for most of Geelong's wins while snagging at least 1 vote from their surprising losses. No doubt Fyfe would have broken that record himself last year if he wasn't injured half way during that season, and I say Dangerfield had kind of a similar season to him (in terms of consistently playing well for Geelong) while playing every match this year.

Suspended Sloane will top the votes for my club, and I see him coming around 4th or 5th.

Last edited:
I still reckon one of the GWS boys will appeal to the unpires and if they do then they will poll huge. It all depends who is eye catching I guess.

I still reckon one of the GWS boys will appeal to the unpires and if they do then they will poll huge. It all depends who is eye catching I guess.
I'm hoping that will be Coniglio, but it could just as easily be Ward or Shiel.

I'd think that would be Coniglio or Greene if true.

Hopefully Greene cos he played his junior footy 5 minutes from my home, and lived within 10kms of me

Wish I'd known who the hell they were though: in 2013, I had a photo taken with Gary Ablett a day or two before he won the Brownlow near Crown's food court :)

How nice is he? :woot:

I got a photo with him as well when he came down to perth earlier this year :kick:

Prediction is Danger, but wouldn't surprise me if Parker makes it really tight. My dark-horse hope is the Bont :D

Jack Stevens should poll the most votes for us :)

1.Dangerfield To win by 8 + votes
2. Bontempelli
3. Sloane
4. Parker
= 5. Selwood , Martin

Might aswell say congrats to Rodney now.

How nice is he? :woot:

I got a photo with him as well when he came down to perth earlier this year :kick:
He is a top guy.
It sucks what he has gone through.

Honestly I think the Suns should retire #9 when he retires.
Nobody will ever live up to his name at the Suns (well, at least in the near future)

After round 9 Luke Parker on 15 and Dangerfield on 14, I honestly now think it will be a two horse race for the rest of the night.

Danger and Parker definitely looking the best bets at the moment, Priddis is lurking around the top 5 too!

Back
Top Bottom