2015/16 EPL Thread (SPOILERS)

EPL Winners

• Total voters
A good one for the punters too!!
Looks like de Gea will be on his way next week. That's a big loss for us, he got us in the top 4 last season. Will be a shame to see him leave but, it's his dream move so good luck to him.
Johnny Evans sold to West Brom, and Tyler Blackett on loan to Celtic. Hopefully he gets some good experience out there and comes back with a bit of determination to squeeze into the first team. Will be a good test tonight away to Swansea, no easy beats at home. Hopefully Shrek has his scoring boots on again tonight!!

I hope we do get something for De Gea. I would be upset if we lost him for nothing.
Yeah Evans has joined WBA. Didn't know about Blackett though. Hopefully as you say he gets good experience.

Great results for West Ham and Crystal Palace. City building a nice lead already.
De Bruyne is expected to complete a move to City by the transfer deadline.
Pogba's name is being linked with Chelsea. I'm still shattered we let Pogba go on a free transfer.

Utd are valuing de Gea at 30 mil, which ordinarily i would say is crazy but these days it happens. To be honest it really depends how much real want him this season knowing they can get him for nothing next year. Not like they can't afford it lol.
Yup Pogba, where was THAT Pogba when we had him? Lol
Anyhoo, a couple of games left for the round, lets see if anyhing else shambolic happens.....

Really good opportunity to put some space between us and Chelsea who will most likely be in the race for the title.
Yeah £30 mil is peanuts to Real Madrid. Romero is a very good get. Can't believe we got him for nothing.

We're gonna need every bit of help we can get. IMO Chelski are still the team to beat to the title although i hope neither of the smurf teams win it and honestly, I don't think there is a snowflakes chance in hell that it will be us holding the trophy either. I think we might get to the last 8 at best in CL and hopefully top 4 in EPL. As i said earlier de Gea and his keeping made us look better than we were last season, and we won't have that this season. I believe other clubs have bought more wisely than we have but in saying that, we should still be aiming for top 4 and a CL spot next season.
Big clubs should always aim for that as a minimum. I am sure LFC and Arsenal fans would agree and expect that as a minimum also. Long way to go and i don't feel that there's any big surprises left for us in the trans window. The players worth buying that were available to clubs have been bought or pending.

Two FA cups and 2 or 3 Community shield over the last decade. Fora big club , that's crap.

For a big club that built a new stadium and have been paying it off for most of the last ten years, staying competitive and making Champions League each year, Wenger deserves a lot of credit. It's not crap at all.

Arsenal deserved their win last night, the better team against 10 men. Would be nice to sign a genuine world class finisher, but if no-ones available what can you do?

For a big club that built a new stadium and have been paying it off for most of the last ten years, staying competitive and making Champions League each year, Wenger deserves a lot of credit. It's not crap at all.

I agree that the money has not really been at his disposal due to the stadium, however you are by no means without world class players and i am sure you would have expected a bit more from the Gunners with the list you have. It's still a list that should be winning a title IMO. Perhaps this season will be the one??

Newcastle played incredibly well last night, Mitrovic has had no luck in his first 3 games for the Magpies and that was definitely not a red card. Gunners were lucky they got away with that OG because Newcastle were defending for their lives. Krul was a stopping machine. @rishgoon

Newcastle played incredibly well last night, Mitrovic has had no luck in his first 3 games for the Magpies and that was definitely not a red card. Gunners were lucky they got away with that OG because Newcastle were defending for their lives. Krul was a stopping machine. @rishgoon
No doubt Newcastle defended very well. Arsenal were the better team though and deserved to win.

I agree that the money has not really been at his disposal due to the stadium, however you are by no means without world class players and i am sure you would have expected a bit more from the Gunners with the list you have. It's still a list that should be winning a title IMO. Perhaps this season will be the one??
Aye we paid off the stadium two years ago now, and no longer have to sell our best players. Would I of liked us to win more? Sure, but it's tough against teams who spend a lot more than we do. We might win this season, City looking good early though.

A team of arsenal's caliber should win by more than they did, don't think Arsenal are good enough to take it too Man U, Man City. Newcastle's best players have all left Ba, Cisse (personally one of the best front 2 of a couple of years ago) Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Debuchy and Tiote didn't play. I hate it how bigger market teams swoop in and take players from smaller clubs just because they have the money. Same happened with Andy Carroll as well!

We're gonna need every bit of help we can get. IMO Chelski are still the team to beat to the title although i hope neither of the smurf teams win it and honestly, I don't think there is a snowflakes chance in hell that it will be us holding the trophy either. I think we might get to the last 8 at best in CL and hopefully top 4 in EPL. As i said earlier de Gea and his keeping made us look better than we were last season, and we won't have that this season. I believe other clubs have bought more wisely than we have but in saying that, we should still be aiming for top 4 and a CL spot next season.
Big clubs should always aim for that as a minimum. I am sure LFC and Arsenal fans would agree and expect that as a minimum also. Long way to go and i don't feel that there's any big surprises left for us in the trans window. The players worth buying that were available to clubs have been bought or pending.

Yeah there shouldn't be to many surprises regarding the transfer market. I would be very surprised if Chelsea pay £70 mil for Pogba.

A team of arsenal's caliber should win by more than they did, don't think Arsenal are good enough to take it too Man U, Man City. Newcastle's best players have all left Ba, Cisse (personally one of the best front 2 of a couple of years ago) Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Debuchy and Tiote didn't play. I hate it how bigger market teams swoop in and take players from smaller clubs just because they have the money. Same happened with Andy Carroll as well!
We're you happy with Pardew when he was at Newcastle?

Absolutely wrapped! Took us to highs that we haven't been too in years. Taking down the big teams, awesome recruitment (basically all the players I mentioned above) that unbeaten 11 game winning streak was definitely a high, fans were harsh on him tho, I rated him as a manager. @Shaunao1983

Absolutely wrapped! Took us to highs that we haven't been too in years. Taking down the big teams, awesome recruitment (basically all the players I mentioned above) that unbeaten 11 game winning streak was definitely a high, fans were harsh on him tho, I rated him as a manager. @Shaunao1983
I rate him too. I thought some fans were harsh on him too when he was at Newcastle. So far he's done very well at Palace.

His taken Cabaye with him too, classy midfielder. Off to a good start better watch out if they finish too high the big clubs may swoop in and take Cabaye, Jedinak & Yala Bolasie just to sit them on their bench. Cough cough Man U/Liverpool. @Shaunao1983

Great results for West Ham and Crystal Palace. City building a nice lead already.
De Bruyne is expected to complete a move to City by the transfer deadline.
Pogba's name is being linked with Chelsea. I'm still shattered we let Pogba go on a free transfer.

pogba did get offered a contract.. juve offered him double.. i do agree though the situation was handled pretty poorly in all fairness fergie didnt make many but that was one! playing rafael and Fabio in midfield over you probably would annoy you lol!

I heard that LVG placed that price tag on de Gea as he was sick and tired for paying overs for players he bought so it was time for other teams to pay overs for his players. As silly as it sounds it seems fair. Anyway you look at this, real, do have the $$$ so no big deal for them.

@shawnkemp40 The great one, Jose, is in of a tad of a pickle but he will come good. I just have this feeling that Man city will keep this good start going and will end up winning the league.

Pardew, what a loss for Newcastle, I've always rated him as a very good coach and he's showing his worth at Crystal. Mile's been injured so they will only get better from here. They will be winning a lot more games against the bigger teams that's for sure.

While I'm giving props to coaches, Slavan Bilic, deserves some due respect too. He said before the match against us that he would do a demolition job and he did, 3-0. What now for Liverpool? Well we're not the most exciting team to watch atm, even when we won the first two matches we didn't look that great, and Arsenal should've pipped us last week. Took a cracker from Coutinho and a off side goal for us to score. Defense looks no better than last year (bar Clyne & Gomez), where to from here? Hopefully Klopp.......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom