2015/16 EPL Thread (SPOILERS)

EPL Winners

• Total voters
The constant year in , year out bashing of Utd is harsh and boring to read. Sorry I was harsh but if your going to give it out then you should be able to take it.

not sure if i made the ignore list, so i want go on too much...just seemed harsh to make it to the 'ignore' stage. nothing to do with giving it and taking it.
i was worried that you were right, so i looked back and i dont mention united that often. sometimes ive even complemented them (sometimes). when i do bash them, its with actual issues (as i see them anyway). i dont just come on and say 'united suck. rooney is a muppet.'
you dont have to respond to my anti-united posts, but thats where good football discussions start...
well if john stones is worth bloody 35 i'd say otamendi is worth 50. but i still think thats ridiculous for a centre back. supposedly they have got him for 33 million, but they are owed 27 million for the negredo transfer, so otamendi is costing them 6 million if my research is correct/

stones isnt worth £35million tho. english players are always over-priced...in england. its partly to do with the homegrown rule. its hard to find quality englishmen (in my opinion), so when an alright one comes along, they gotta pay through the teeth. the hype the english give new talent doesnt help either...
10 years ago, i wouldve said £30milllion for a CB was a joke. these days who knows how much anyone in any position will go for...a GK @ £35million seems more ridiculous to me.

EDIT: and pedro just signed for chelsea...cheeky. pretty sure he'd agreed to terms with united.

Last edited:
not sure if i made the ignore list, so i want go on too much...just seemed harsh to make it to the 'ignore' stage. nothing to do with giving it and taking it.
i was worried that you were right, so i looked back and i dont mention united that often. sometimes ive even complemented them (sometimes). when i do bash them, its with actual issues (as i see them anyway). i dont just come on and say 'united suck. rooney is a muppet.'
you dont have to respond to my anti-united posts, but thats where good football discussions start...

stones isnt worth £35million tho. english players are always over-priced...in england. its partly to do with the homegrown rule. its hard to find quality englishmen (in my opinion), so when an alright one comes along, they gotta pay through the teeth. the hype the english give new talent doesnt help either...
10 years ago, i wouldve said £30milllion for a CB was a joke. these days who knows how much anyone in any position will go for...a GK @ £35million seems more ridiculous to me.

EDIT: and pedro just signed for chelsea...cheeky. pretty sure he'd agreed to terms with united.
No big deal. Ignore comment was tongue in cheek. Looking forward to United's next game against Newcastle. Hoping 9 points from 9.

arteta was funny. walcott must do this before matches...explains everything!

LVG on Barca & Bayern

decided to lay off united a bit due to previous issue, but LVG just keeps on baiting me.
i think barca & bayern would prefer united to any other team in pot 2.
and the definition of 'a glorious night' sure has changed for united.

Last edited:
That's a big call by LVG, he's props trying to build confidence in the team?

Here's Neymar view on being linked to Man U lol:

Sorry for the double post, just read back on the banter going back and forth.
Good to see the rivalries on here are still alive and well. As a Manc, i don't completely disagree that LVG is quite "unique" in tactics and approach. Would i say he's a clown...nah. Fine line between nutter and genius. But some facts i do agree with:
1. He continually plays people out of position which annoys the crap out of me.
2. He has wasted money Failcao...my god i could go on about that.
3. Threw Di Maria to the heap instead of trying to help him adjust and make him feel wanted. IMO a bit of love and another season he would have improved a lot, but we'll never know. So that constitutes wasting money.
4. His "Philosphy" is like how Bruce Lee described Jeet Kun Do - "The art of fighting without fighting" LVG has "A philosphy without philosophy " WTF goes on in that funny head of his is mind boggling at times.
But in all that, there are signs that we at least will be there or there about come seasons end which after 2 decades of glory is to be expected. Moyes was sh!t i care not to hear any differently about his Utd tenure. Only thing good about him was he reminded me of Brick Top from Snatch in his facial appearance lol.

I like seeing the changes in other teams too, i like LFC squad this season, Benteke...brilliant move. No Stevie, still doesn't sit right with me. We missed 2 top signings, but others got their men. Such is life.

We may not win the league again for years but we have had a pretty bloody good run under an absolute legend in Sir Alex, things change, sh!t happens. Only glory hunters change their colours, the rest of us rejoice and despair together.
#oneloveunited

Both in appearance and tactics. I liked Memphis' tweet about the CL draw, seemed a bit of an in brackets FU to Eindhoven

at least you dont look at your team through red tinted shades...ultimately, time would tell on LVG, but he wont stick around long enough. he's leaving after next season...meaning even more cash to be spent and more turnover in players by the new fella.
pretty even groups for the champs league i think?
memphis back to PSV. mourinho back to porto. zlatan back to malmo. di maria back to madrid. navas back to sevilla...theres more, but its a stretch to think theyre noteworthy.

at least you dont look at your team through red tinted shades...ultimately, time would tell on LVG, but he wont stick around long enough. he's leaving after next season...meaning even more cash to be spent and more turnover in players by the new fella.
memphis back to PSV. mourinho back to porto. zlatan back to malmo. di maria back to madrid. navas back to sevilla...theres more, but its a stretch to think theyre noteworthy.
Can I get your thoughts on Mr Wenger please?

And do you hate Manchester United?
Because last year you mentioned you hated Bayern Munich.
I'm sensing a common them.
Why is it you have so many opinions about a club you don't follow?

Back
Top Bottom