2014 AFL Future Force

Would Little People stock boxes of FF? If under $100, I may as well get. Break is on here, live, of course.

If you go the AFL stores they should be able to help you out with a full boxes as well.

Best thing is they won't be searched either. I recommend that you are quick though as they sell out pretty quickly. :)

Bradley, we are all entitled to our opinion.

Personally I like all the select release expect the 1 off offers (tri star / hill bros).

Honors is exactly what the industry needed. A release that is aimed at the general public and not collectors. Honors was a dedicated to a theme everyone is aware of. With the amount broken down, my guess is economics will run its due course. Supply vs demand.

Regardless if the series is a bust or success what impact do you think the constant bitching does to the overall card industry?
It negates any future growth. It has a negative impact to the industry we are trying to grow.

In Wangie's defense, what did you expect? What the members were doing was indirectly impacting his source of income. What would you do if you're income was effected?
For someone who's second language is English, my opinion is he got his message across. I only hope I can convey a message in a second language as good as that.

Just a opinion from a private collector.

Go rooboys 2015.

Sorry mate but just dont see it. U say its just your opinion but then complain about others expressing theirs. I think in the current environment and with the attitude of sellers and select then highlighting flaws is only way anything will change. I have never seen an industry where sellera just release what they want and demand people fork out cashvlike this one. Yes it would be nice to hear some positive talk but it would also be nice to see select at least try to listen to customers. I mean lets be honeat they just increased the price and took away gold inc, cost of that ideas trust would have saved them a forrune in itself.

But u make good pointa and each to their own. I for one will be buying boxes as I do like future force, probably the only release I look forward to atm

And what I would do if I was wangy would be discuss with collectors what their issues are and work with select toIincorporate this or at least pass feedback to select. If im selling something and people arent happy I look at ways to make them happy, not insult them and demand they shut up and buy my product. Once again though different eyes seee different ways.

The constant complaining is getting old..........
If you dont like it, don't buy it!

Are you Select in disguise :p

GoMoto, we have every right to express our opinions, we are the paying customers and at the least demand a certain level of customer satisfaction. More importantly this is a message board, what else will be talked about lol.

The quality in their releases is dropping off at an obvious rate. Almost indentical releases in their Champions and Future Force releases this year. Bumping up the price and print run of Honours. Releasing one-off cards at laughable prices, things like this are doing more damage for the card hobby.

We are only trying to do what is neccessary in hoping Select step up their game, I hope so for the sake of collectors and the hobby mate.

Bradley, we are all entitled to our opinion.

Personally I like all the select release expect the 1 off offers (tri star / hill bros).

Honors is exactly what the industry needed. A release that is aimed at the general public and not collectors. Honors was a dedicated to a theme everyone is aware of. With the amount broken down, my guess is economics will run its due course. Supply vs demand.

Regardless if the series is a bust or success what impact do you think the constant bitching does to the overall card industry?
It negates any future growth. It has a negative impact to the industry we are trying to grow.

In Wangie's defense, what did you expect? What the members were doing was indirectly impacting his source of income. What would you do if you're income was effected?
For someone who's second language is English, my opinion is he got his message across. I only hope I can convey a message in a second language as good as that.

Just a opinion from a private collector.

Go rooboys 2015.

Appreciate the reply Ming, my post originally was directed at you funnily enough with a few questions thrown in as i wanted to hear your opinion.

I understand some of your points and i don't have a problem with Steve personally, he is a nice man and has always been respectful until that incident. I might have issues with certain relationships but i can also concede that Steve is good for the industry in many, many ways.

Being a constant dealer through hard times and having a shop that caters mostly to AFL.

Trying to keep prices high for the benefit of the market.

Positive attitude in regards to collecting.

Helps collectors find cards they need and desire.

If anything Steve could/should be a louder voice for us because then perhaps Select would listen.

I don't think the bitching as you see it benefits the hobby unless it brings change, which in my opinion is greatly needed.

Honours wasn't what the industry needed. I have to flatly disagree, you claim it catered to the general public but here's the thing. Card collecting is a hobby, it's not mainstream, it's a niche market and with all niche markets it pays to involve/cater to your audience.

Most of the general public buy their cards from newsagents and AFL shops, i have spoken to quite a few shops and they were all down dramatically on sales too. Clearly the general public weren't into it either.

Most of the general public don't shop at CardZone and within another month or so Honours will be removed from all AFL shops and Newsagents.

So whats the answer Ming?

You have a lot of great relationships in this industry and you know better than most what would set this hobby alight again, i struggle to believe that you are truly happy or impressed with how things are going Ming. I understand the glass half full approach, i used to feel the same way as something's better than nothing right? but Select are leaving a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths and we are losing a lot of great collectors as a result, it wouldn't be hard to turn this thing around.

It's a shame.

Change doesn't happen overnight but Select are even taking the piss out of that concept.

On a different note, bad luck with the Roos and when are you going to post your Kanga collection, would love to see even a few beauties. :hearts:

Last edited:
And what I would do if I was wangy would be discuss with collectors what their issues are and work with select toIincorporate this or at least pass feedback to select. If im selling something and people arent happy I look at ways to make them happy, not insult them and demand they shut up and buy my product. Once again though different eyes seee different ways.

Bloody great point Daniel.

Honestly it takes two to tango and i/we have made mistakes just as Steve has.

However i am certain, the mods, the collectors and members would LOVE if Steve could find time to make himself known on here for feedback to pass on to Select. If Steve would feel more comfortable making someone like Ming his contact i would even support this completely.

All most of us want is the chance to see cards we want to collect.

At this point i would take any options provided as positive.

I love future force my only problem with it is once I hit the sig it's pointless opening the rest of the box that's why they need another insert either something every 2 boxes, I would have done this
Normal sigs numbered to 200
Green sigs numbered to 40 or 50
Gold sigs numbered to 20

Might not stop the box searching but it's a start, either that or another insert that's 1 or 2 a box

I love future force my only problem with it is once I hit the sig it's pointless opening the rest of the box that's why they need another insert either something every 2 boxes, I would have done this
Normal sigs numbered to 200
Green sigs numbered to 40 or 50
Gold sigs numbered to 20

Might not stop the box searching but it's a start, either that or another insert that's 1 or 2 a box

I agree, but also maybe a 'special moments' subset for the u18's carnival (eg. Player x kicks 5 goals, player y gets 35 disposals WA win the title ;)). IMO that wold make it harder to search especially if it was 1:6 packs.

Back
Top Bottom