2013/14 Ashes non Official thread !!

England's 13 Man Squad: Alastair Cook (capt), James Anderson, Jonny Bairstow, Ian Bell, Tim Bresnan, Stuart Broad, Steven Finn, Graham Onions, Kevin Pietersen, Matt Prior, Joe Root, Graeme Swann, Jonathan Trott

One more sleep to go.......

England to win by 3 to 1; maybe 2-0 if summer is wet
Can't see a repeat of '89; Pup's not a hard-as-nails skip as AB was, and not sure the seniors in the team are as gelled behind him as they could be. Getting Boof was a good move, but may take him a while - and a bit of pain - to get the Aussies firing as a team once again.
Application and concentration to amass big innings is something the Aussies don't seem to have - remember Steve Waugh in 1989. Watto's a 50-something scorer at best; why is he still there with the record he has, and issues with his (non)bowling - and I remember he was dropped on 99 in that first hundred he scored....

Most runs: Cook 482; Clarke 390
Most wickets: Anderson 33; Siddle 22

Just read that Billy the trumpeter may not be allowed to have a toot at the match......oh, come on, let him play!

Fox Sports 2 is showing the "From The Ashes " doco tonight as part of its Fox Sports Focus series at 8:00PM AEST. This doco is about the famous 1981 Ashes series....Botham's Ashes.

my main worry are the batsmen,if they can score 350 to 400 runs we have the bowlers to rattle there cages
if we win the toss what should we do,I say bat what do other followers reckon?
CAN"T WAIT!!!

Fox Sports 2 is showing the "From The Ashes " doco tonight as part of its Fox Sports Focus series at 8:00PM AEST. This doco is about the famous 1981 Ashes series....Botham's Ashes.

Have you seen the 2005 Ashes doco?

I really enjoyed this series

Craig, I reckon bat first mate - show England that we aren't scared to take their bowlers on. If we can even get 250-280 in the first dig it will put them under pressure.

Harsha - you've given me something to watch :)

Is anyone else doing the Foxsports fantasy Ashes? Maybe we could get an OCT league going if there's any interest (not for prizes, just fun (and bragging rights haha!)) :)

I'd like to thank Fox Sports 2 for their "apologies for the techincal difficulties" tonight and making me look like a d**k!

I think they have gone with a "safety first" option - the top four can lay a solid foundation that No's 5-7 can hopefully capitalise on later. Can't help but think that tail-end runs will be crucial as well, we are well serviced with Starc, Siddle, Pattinson and Lyon able to hang around if need be.

Not long to go now!

Ashton Agar gets a Test debut! Seems the final XI isn't settled just yet.........

Update: It is Agar instead of Lyon! Interesting!

Good luck to the kid, a 19 year-old debutant is a good thing for our team I reckon.

Back
Top Bottom