2012 Leaf Muhammad Ali - The Greatest Boxing Hobby Box

Ripsnorta

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Dave
eBay User
ripsnorta_hobbies
Anyone seen this
(1) ON-CARD Muhammad Ali Autograph Card Per Box!!
with a price tag of $790 .
http://www.dacardworld.com/sports-cards/2012-leaf-muhammad-ali-the-greatest-boxing-hobby-box

1 card in a wood box cant find a rip on you tube but there's few card's on the bay.

I already have an ali auto so ill pass but if I didn't I think its a fair price .
(autos look a bit of a bad pen (Texta) choice from what I have seen.

Whats your opinion ?

i collect boxing card

and no it's not a fair price

as you can show only on card small and bad auto

i think 750 produice

no really attractiv

the recent sale on ebay go for 350 400

bad product

One went for 420 today but /10 . There are 500 numbered to 10 and 250 1/1 . So the ?/10 should go for less than what a box costs .
I'll watch a few and see what happens .

(you have to expect an auto like this if you want it done by him)

do you guys just see price and numbering of cards as the issue? Mr Ali is one of the greatest atheletes of all time, weather its a 1/1, a 1/10 or even a 1/100, you are holding one of the greatest autos by one of the greatest who ever lived, your holding HISTORY when u have a Auto like this, just appreciate and cherish the cards. i bought a box and now im buying 2 more, i dont care if i get 1/10s or anything, all i know is these cards have physically been in mr Ali's hands, and with all his health issues he has still put in the time to sign 750 of the cards. money shouldnt be a factor when it comes to these unique cards coz once this hero has past, we will probably never see anyone of his character again. even if a box was $1000, i wouldnt think twice.

Smoothie, that is the attitude that I have always taken - as Jessie J said, "it's not about the money, money, money" :)
I can think of lots of things I have paid over the odds for, or what some people have considered over the odds for, such as the Select AFL Heritage release last year, whereby I now have the sigs of Bob Davis, Charlie Sutton (deceased), Bobby Skilton and my football idol, John Kennedy Snr. To me, the cards are priceless :)

There is a lot more reasons to buy a card than money, and one background that I base it on weather it goes up or down is that its still history. When I started collecting cards only 2 years back I thought even a box of select with 36 packs was expensive , then I realised how select champions is so low end and quantity doesn't live up to quality. From $60 a box with 36 packs, now I'm buying 1 box with 1 card for $500, but jeeeeez look at the history I'm holding in my hand. So worth it Matty, and these "collectors" that only think about money are the ones killing the hobby and the only reason why cards devalue

Said it before and Ill say it again but I love Bomber5 attitude towards collecting. Love this cards, saw this on ebay Fight worn Trunks card, plus auto 1/1 http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-LEAF-M...130800517483?pt=US_Boxing&hash=item1e7451816b
Even lists the date of the fight and who it was against on the back as all game/match worn cards should.

Pretty epic card to have a piece of fight worn trunks from the great man. Spose the only thing better would be a fight worn glove swatch plus auto.

hell yea brad , i was considering buying a glove signed 1/1 for 750 the other day , my girlfriend nearlly hung me so i couldnt buy it :(

Back
Top Bottom