2011/12 Australian Summer Of Cricket (*SPOILERS*)

Sweet Jesus, I will never ever bag the Brownlow Medal telecast again - the Allan Border Medal telecast is like Community TV, it has been Amateur Hour from the opening segment.

1st Final Today! Come On AUSTRALIA!!!!!!!

I love Sri Lanka as well but going for Australia!!!

Wow, what a terrific end to a memorable summer of cricket....and to think we still don't know who is playing who in the Sheffield Shield final!

The One Day Tri Series has been the best that I can remember, so many close finishes and twists and turns.

Michael Clarke deserves a huge "thankyou", he has helped to regenerate the team and I don't think many of us had a lot of confidence in him after the 1-1 Test series vs New Zealand. I think he has also been the player of the summer, just ahead of Peter Siddle and David Warner.

The inclusions of Forrest, Pattinson and Wade have been inspired choices by the selectors and I hope that Christian, McKay and Doherty aren't chopped and changed too often in the ODI team as the luxury of having Watto only bowl 5-6 overs would be a step in the right direction.

I have enjoyed every minute, been a ripping summer!

Interesting news today - Phil Hughes has signed with South Australia, Callum Ferguson rumoured to be on his way to Western Australia. I have no idea where Phil Hughes' career goes from here, he is spoken of as a flat-track bully as it is, moving to the Adelaide Oval featherbed won't help him shake the tag.

Didn't NSW drop a heap of players

Like Bollinger and Smith

and didn't Brett Lee decline a contract.

If WA were to get Callum Ferguson that would be awesome!!!!!

Interesting news today - Phil Hughes has signed with South Australia, Callum Ferguson rumoured to be on his way to Western Australia. I have no idea where Phil Hughes' career goes from here, he is spoken of as a flat-track bully as it is, moving to the Adelaide Oval featherbed won't help him shake the tag.

Bad news for Hughes! OCT's very own Jack Walsh will no doubt be stalking him day and night!! :lol:

Good riddance to Hughes, Lee declined a contract as he told NSW to give it to an younger player as he would only be playing a couple of games for them anyway.

On the Herald Sun website today....Kawaja and Hauritz are both moving to QLD.

TEST discards Usman Khawaja and Nathan Hauritz will attempt to resurrect their international futures with the Queensland Bulls.
Khawaja will sign with Queensland today, less than 24 hours after Phil Hughes decided to join South Australia.

The departure of both raises serious questions about the state of cricket in NSW.
Both batsmen, who lost their places in the Test team during the summer, believe they have a better chance of reviving their international careers elsewhere.
While off-spinner Hauritz, who played for Queensland before heading to Sydney for better opportunity at first class level, will attempt to reactivate his 17 Test career on a ground which is not ideal for his type of bowling.
It is understood Khawaja and Hauritz found the attraction of charismatic coach Darren Lehmann a major incentive to move north.
NSW had a dreadful season and the pressure continues to mount on unsuccessful coach Anthony Stuart.
It was a great surprise last year when NSW appointed the former fast bowler ahead of successful recent NSW and Sri Lankan coach Trevor Baylis.
It has been the failure of Hughes and Khawaja to establish themselves in the Test team which has left Australia's batting looking worryingly thin.
Their underperformance, combined with the dramatic demise of Shaun Marsh, means there is now little depth in Australia's batting stocks.
Australia's reserve Test batsman is Peter Forrest, who failed to secure a regular place for NSW and yet was chosen in the Australian squad after just five good Shield matches for Queensland.
Australia is in danger of an Ashes batting crisis next year.
Both Ricky Ponting and Mike Hussey will be 38 when the series begins.

If anyone is interested in Watching

The Australia vs England One Day series is on Channel Gem

Game 2 is Today

Mitchell Johnson is making his return and Pat Cummins is injured again

Back
Top Bottom