2010 FIFA World Cup Thread! (Spoilers in Results Area)

Who will win the 2010 FIFA World Cup?

• Brazil

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Spain

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Germany

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • England

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Portugal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Italy

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • France

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Netherlands

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Argentina

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup Thread!

I think England will have a good tournament, semi-finals AT LEAST.
As for Greece I can't see them getting trough to the knockout stages.
Why do you support them mate? You from there?

I hope either Spain or Holland win the whole thing. They play the most entertaining football IMO. I also hope Argentina, and Leo Messi in particular, do well.

haha Australia are just about screwed what ever way you put it....

If we finish second in our group we go to the round of 16 having to play the winner of Group C, and if we assume right, will be England.... it's gonna take some luck to beat them!

I think you Aussies should be happy if you survive the group stages.
I would say both Serbia and Ghana are better teams, on paper at least, than Australia.

You mean which players? Serbia have Vidic and Ivanovic in defense who are both close to world class, in midfield they have Stankovic from Inter and Krasic who's been linked to AC Milan after some great performances in the Champions League. Up front they've got a guy called Zigic. He's over 2m tall and you can say he's a bit like Joshua Kennedy, only better.

As for Ghana; Muntari, Asamoah, Gyan, Appiah, Prince-Boateng to name a few. They also have some good youngsters like Inkoom, Vorsah and Adiyiah.

But the great thing about football is that the team with the best/most well known players doesn't necessarily win:)

I think you Aussies should be happy if you survive the group stages.
I would say both Serbia and Ghana are better teams, on paper at least, than Australia.

I happen to agree slightly...but i guess only time will tell.

They may have so called better players on paper but nothing comes close to our good old Aussie Fighting Spirit :thumbsup:

cheesy as it sounds :D its a lethal weapon ;)

One more thing: Germany, the team everybody expects to go trough with ease from Australia's group, are by no means undefeatable.

getting ready for the opening game of the world cup, starts in 20 mins on the TV... can't wait! I reckon Mexico will beat SA 2-0

FIRST POST UPDATED===

lol who voted Australia?

wheres the Greece option? :cool:

i was watching the World cup match and my mum walked in and just took over the TV, we, sorry, no only her, are watching 'Maid in Manhatten.' We have it on DVD so i told her to watch it another time but she is just doing it to annoy me.... so frustrating!

Jacko- We are getting it like tomorrow, not sure if you are but should do. Should be a cracker. In fact tonight is a brilliant night, they are telecasting Greece v Korea Republic, Argentina v Nigeria, France v Uruguay (Replay) and then the England v USA game.

First post updated, didn't end up watching the France Uruguay match because of the time when it starts over here (i have cricket stuff this morning so can't be too tired) Sounded like a boring game!

lol at the commentators, that one was for ireland when henrys shot got handballed out of the box.

Back
Top Bottom