2009 champions checklist and promo

1967Sharks

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Justin
eBay User
1967sharks
Well i got my flyer from Select with 4 Promo cards.....must say they are exactly like previous releases with the only difference being 4 "Double Trouble"
inserts @ 1:216. The Gems also look slightly better imo. Still very poor overall.
PLEEEEEEEEEEASE SELECT MAKE AN AWESOME SERIES 2 :v:

CL.jpg

promo.jpg

there is one already... Go Moto started it and only Ruawhare has put his name down for it... its back a few pages in the For Sale area.

Cards dont look too bad, but im still only collecting the penrith ones lol :) otherwise i get crazy and cant stop till i have the lot lol
Thanks for the information btw :thumbsup:
Brplat

Isaac Luke Gem and Inglis/Slater double trouble are the only non Shark cards that i will be getting. I dunno whay they cant get Autos of B-List players like 2006 Accolade.
I really hope though series 2 they bring out parallel top prospects that are limited to 100, like the AFL Platinum draft pick signatures they do :v:

Pretty damn poor set. Not excited at all by this.

Canberra's gem is Lincoln Withers ... who doesn't play for them anymore?

can you and everyone else stop complaining about Select.... They are the only people who provide cards for us to collect. If you dont like it just dont collect them. No need to bash the cards. Without Select we wouldnt see the Releases we have over the past few years so show some gratitude.

Also on a storm front, cant wait for the Double Trouble. Looks nice plus the Billy Gem looks really good to.

Yer would be nothing without select so maybe instead of complaining we should be thankfull there is someone out there that makes cards of the games we love.
There will always be a series people dont like but they cant move forward without trying new ideas

Yer would be nothing without select so maybe instead of complaining we should be thankfull there is someone out there that makes cards of the games we love.
There will always be a series people dont like but they cant move forward without trying new ideas

2 years of Select Champions with the same old stuff. I think Select should start making new ideas now. I am sick of these sketch cards, gem cards, foil sigs. We need to see action with jerseys, patches and more autos and most importantly more numbered cards just my opinion:)

can you and everyone else stop complaining about Select.... They are the only people who provide cards for us to collect. If you dont like it just dont collect them. No need to bash the cards. Without Select we wouldnt see the Releases we have over the past few years so show some gratitude.

Also on a storm front, cant wait for the Double Trouble. Looks nice plus the Billy Gem looks really good to.

Are you dreaming the sketch/gem looks crap and most people on here have been collecting cards before you were even sperm and if they want to complain about select they can i myself will not be collecting this years because they are almost the same as 2007 & 2008 and the double trouble has been done back in 1995 come on select something new.
And as for GRATITUDE why do we have to show gratitude to a company that makes thousands of dollars of us we want something new.:mad:
Spottyroach.

YeeeHa Michael Luck has a card as a Warrior (Bout Time) The only issues i have with the series is Lauaki ain't playing for the Warriors he's off to Hull. And Steve Price being on a sketch card only cause he was on the 2007 Gem which was a sketch card. Also the double trouble inserts Melbourne Finished 2008 1st Manly 2nd Eels ? (should be a sharks card here) Canberra 4th. Thanks for posting up the list Foldee any idea's on the Case Cards ?????? (NZ winning World Cup or Ruben Wiki 300) anyway i'll have the following:
fs43 Simon Mannering
fs44 Manu Vatuvei
fs45 Brent Tate
sk29 Steve Price
sk30 Manu Vatuvei
mg15 Brent Tate

the lot for $60-$70

YeeeHa Michael Luck has a card as a Warrior (Bout Time) The only issues i have with the series is Lauaki ain't playing for the Warriors he's off to Hull. And Steve Price being on a sketch card only cause he was on the 2007 Gem which was a sketch card. Also the double trouble inserts Melbourne Finished 2008 1st Manly 2nd Eels ? (should be a sharks card here) Canberra 4th. Thanks for posting up the list Foldee any idea's on the Case Cards ?????? (NZ winning World Cup or Ruben Wiki 300) anyway i'll have the following:
fs43 Simon Mannering
fs44 Manu Vatuvei
fs45 Brent Tate
sk29 Steve Price
sk30 Manu Vatuvei
mg15 Brent Tate

the lot for $60-$70

In 2008 manly first melbourne second and the bulldogs can only get better i hope.:thumbsup:

Are you dreaming the sketch/gem looks crap and most people on here have been collecting cards before you were even sperm and if they want to complain about select they can i myself will not be collecting this years because they are almost the same as 2007 & 2008 and the double trouble has been done back in 1995 come on select something new.
And as for GRATITUDE why do we have to show gratitude to a company that makes thousands of dollars of us we want something new.:mad:
Spottyroach.

Well said buddy:)

Spottyroach.

Agree 100%. If Select were to go away, someother company would come in to fill the void. Select needs competition so they lift their game.
Who are they really trying to make happy? Kids, where collecting cards is a fad and most of which will grow out of it or the Adult collector who is comitted to being a lifetime collector. Chucking Acetate around and pretty little drawings may dazzle the kids but it doesnt impress me :(

As a Canberra collector I think I have every right to be disappointed that there is a Gem card and a regular card of a player who was confirmed as leaving the club half way through last year.

Select seriously need some league fans to QC their checklist before it is confirmed.

I agree mate, disappointing stuff. Though I guess it could be worse - imagine if they included a card of a certain T. Carney...

Gotta love Campo's mo on the Double Trouble card :lol:

Back
Top Bottom