2003 Scanlens/Select Set

This is just my opinion interpret it how you like. 2003 Scanleens Retro only 60 sets in total. Select still had these on their site while they still had the licence back in 2012 & now are not permitted to sell until they get the licence back if ever.. So lets say about 50 sets out of 60 released a few have been broken up & near impossible to put back together as sets. LLBs 50 of each much easier to get & more frequently sold or traded than the 2003 scanlens Retro even as singles as most collectors would be more reluctant to let them go as much harder to replace.Even though the LLBs are getting more money than the 2003 Retro I believe with time the 2003 Scanlens retro will grow in value & with time will over take the price of LLBs. Who knows the 2003 retro may in 10 to 20 years get what the 1963 & 1964 Scanlens get in $$$$. I don't see the LLBs growing much more in value as the value of them is inflated by the people that have them & by the buyers wanting them this will die down in time. Again this is just my opinion what do other members here think I'm keen to hear what are your thoughts on LLBs vs 2003 Scanlens Retro I'm keen to hear your thought as collectors how you value these cards..
totally agree with you on this issue. I have two sets of the 2003 retro Dragons cards and had one of the LLB Hornby cards which I have just sold. My reasons are that for a card to to be collectable they have to be unique in their appearance as well as a low in number available. I still have a LLG Hornby and I saw no real appeal having the same image with a different colour background (I am still of the opinion that parallels are a cop out for card producers and they have no appeal for me, no matter how rare they are). Whereas the 2003 and the 2009 Scanlens retro cards are totally different in their appearance and have much more visual appeal and probably as close as I'll come to cards looking like the original Scanlens Cards of '63/'64

Seeming we are getting very close thought I'd show that's its #25 & Scans. ENJOY......
2003 Scanlens Retro Set #25.jpg

2003 Scanlens Retro Set #25 001.jpg
2003 Scanlens Retro Set #25 002.jpg
2003 Scanlens Retro Set #25 003.jpg
2003 Scanlens Retro Set #25 004.jpg
2003 Scanlens Retro Set #25 005.jpg

Back
Top Bottom