1X hobby of 2022 Bowman

RV hitting lead off. Not a stellar game with the 1 hit, BA up .240 but most importantly he's at the top of the lineup. Hope he can stay there. I'll have a peek on BO. Any insert auto sucks. They should be banned.
It's scratched to shit, but at least it's a Red Sox. Sell very well

I'll grade the Ritter and Holliday Green Insert

Did alright only getting one pitching auto. I'd get 3 for sure. The best thing about Draft is that more of the checklist will pan out than Bowman and Bowman Chrome so all those chrome and paper 1sts will add up eventually. Just takes a few years but if one or two of the not so hyped guys today come on then you'll go close to recouping 80%. If Ritter works out you're there and some. It's the best rip of the three main Bowman releases. Just so bloody expensive. At least you got it for $800 and not $1000.

Did alright only getting one pitching auto. I'd get 3 for sure. The best thing about Draft is that more of the checklist will pan out than Bowman and Bowman Chrome so all those chrome and paper 1sts will add up eventually. Just takes a few years but if one or two of the not so hyped guys today come on then you'll go close to recouping 80%. If Ritter works out you're there and some. It's the best rip of the three main Bowman releases. Just so bloody expensive. At least you got it for $800 and not $1000.
I'd probably risk it again at 800.

Some 1st colour would be nice too

I hear you. I took 4 teams in a one box SPA hobby box break. Cost $35 and I got 1 card valued at around $1. I can say with confidence that I'm done doing hockey breaks. Easy to say when the products they are currently breaking are not ones I like. If I do hockey breaks again I'll go into one in the US/Canada where they do a case of a decent product and it's random teams.

I'm in Derby tonight with just one team but I seriously think I've only come out in front on maybe 5 out of 200 breaks. With box breaking it's probably 1 out of every 10 boxes you'll get a really nice one where you have more value than what you outlayed.

Anyway, I'm completely miserable about selling my Ohtani cards over the last 18 months. I wonder whether all the rubbish I have offloaded in thsame time frame would offset this once in lifetime player. I doubt it. If I had kept every card I've had in the last 5 years I'd have quite the collection.

And to put this into perspective some of his cards are 100X from their low point. That beats any cards/players I've tracked.... even during covid. I literally had a plastic tub full of his rookies and a dozen slabbed cards. I'm now down to a few base rookies and a HHN action variation which I can't grade owing to a printer dot.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I hear you. I took 4 teams in a one box SPA hobby box break. Cost $35 and I got 1 card valued at around $1. I can say with confidence that I'm done doing hockey breaks. Easy to say when the products they are currently breaking are not ones I like. If I do hockey breaks again I'll go into one in the US/Canada where they do a case of a decent product and it's random teams.

I'm in Derby tonight with just one team but I seriously think I've only come out in front on maybe 5 out of 200 breaks. With box breaking it's probably 1 out of every 10 boxes you'll get a really nice one where you have more value than what you outlayed.

Anyway, I'm completely miserable about selling my Ohtani cards over the last 18 months. I wonder whether all the rubbish I have offloaded in thsame time frame would offset this once in lifetime player.

And to put this into perspective some of his cards are 100X from their low point. That beats any cards/players I've tracked.... even during covid. I literally had a plastic tub full of his rookies and a dozen slabbed cards. I'm now down to a few base rookies and a HHN action variation which I can't grade owing to a printer dot.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Ouch.

The Shohei's will make you cry. I only ever had 1 card from a 2018 box i pulled. Just an opening day RC. Even in PSA 10, worth fuck all.

I want to quit the break life. But a case break will come along and i'll end up getting nothing again. The cases have been disastrous lately. Same teams getting most of the hits. I never get in a break where I get the luck of having all the hits. Never happens.

And to make things worse, they sit Verdoggo today and they put up 18 on Rancho. They play Doggo against the big pitchers and then sit him against scrubs. He's in a slump since the all star break. And Luis Rodriguez was 14-17 and is now back on a cold streak.

FML KMN

I noticed your contribution to the Jaypers thread recently including an apology haha. I used to do that if he missed one of my prospects.

I thought when I got banned a third time there would be a petition to have me re-instated but no. I have to watch from afar.

I noticed your contribution to the Jaypers thread recently including an apology haha. I used to do that if he missed one of my prospects.

I thought when I got banned a third time there would be a petition to have me re-instated but no. I have to watch from afar.

Well they never miss Zavala and Salas because they're getting a piss easy run :(

I hate the Padres

Ouch.

The Shohei's will make you cry. I only ever had 1 card from a 2018 box i pulled. Just an opening day RC. Even in PSA 10, worth fuck all.

I want to quit the break life. But a case break will come along and i'll end up getting nothing again. The cases have been disastrous lately. Same teams getting most of the hits. I never get in a break where I get the luck of having all the hits. Never happens.

And to make things worse, they sit Verdoggo today and they put up 18 on Rancho. They play Doggo against the big pitchers and then sit him against scrubs. He's in a slump since the all star break. And Luis Rodriguez was 14-17 and is now back on a cold streak.

FML KMN
That's ordinary. Not happy to see RV treated that way. Dirty rats.

As for the breaks hopefully you can either hit something huge or step away. It's truly a mug's game. I even got them to open a soccer Cherry pie for me the other night. The shame of it.

That's ordinary. Not happy to see RV treated that way. Dirty rats.

As for the breaks hopefully you can either hit something huge or step away. It's truly a mug's game. I even got them to open a soccer Cherry pie for me the other night. The shame of it.

I am thankful that old Cherry has had abysmal breaks.

I need to save up a few bucks and buy another box to let me down

The worst part about Ohtani was that even in the last 4 weeks it's been so obvious. He still had hobby boxes of 2018 Diamond Kings going for an unbelievably low $125 per box on BO. Admittedly an unlicensed and crap product but given it has autos of Ohtani the price was very low. I did think just do it and a few days later the boxes had doubled. I still see that with some of his cards....even now they seem underpriced relatively speaking. I saw a card on comc for $350 of him yesterday that looked like a bargain. A 2013 foil card in PSA9. That card is gone today and there's one on ebay for double with 15 watchers.

You have to have money to make money as they say. It will be interesting to see where this goes but it's a runaway train atm.

I do have two interesting collectors pieces with him in it. I'm a set builder at heart and I put the 150 card 2018 Topps silver pack set together - S1, S2, and Update. There is an Ohtani pitching rookie card which came in S2 and one of him hitting which came in Update. The latter is a really nice card as it has the 'snakeskin' refractor pattern. I didn't sell the cards as I didn't want to break up another set.

I also have the 2018 Topps S2 master set which has three of his insert rookies. They don't go for much but one of them is a hitting rookie in the 1983 design which I think will go alright over time.

The main thing is that I won't break them up as I learned my lesson with my 2018 Bowman Chrome master set. I sold his Bowman Chrome rc and the sterling continuity refractor rc for about 1/4 what they are going for today. I'd need $500USD to get them back and I can't do it.

I do have two interesting collectors pieces with him in it. I'm a set builder at heart and I put the 150 card 2018 silver pack set together - S1, S2, and Update. There is an Ohtani pitching rookie card which came in S2 and one of him hitting which came in Update. The latter is a really nice card as it has the 'snakeskin' refractor pattern. I didn't sell the cards as I didn't want to break up another set.

I also have the 2018 Topps S2 master set which has three of his insert rookies. They don't go for much but one of them is a hitting rookie in the 1983 design which I think will go alright over time.

The main thing is that I won't break them up as I learned my lesson with my 2018 Bowman Chrome master set. I sold his Bowman Chrome rc and the sterling continuity refractor rc for about 1/4 what they are going for today.
Frustrated World Cup GIF

22 runs with just one HR.....and it's not Verdugo. Unreal. At least they let him in on the action this time. I feel good about this guy.

Cheers!!

Not sure i'm as confident as you after that. Salas out helped. He would have raked a few.

I am hoping after the Quakes he can freshen up and start pushing towards .250

Interesting that because he has a 50 power ranking which is very decent. Normally a guy like that would have a 40-45 power ranking and a 50 hit ranking but it's the other way round. I'm tipping the power comes.

Back
Top Bottom