1X hobby of 2022 Bowman

Shit, i just saw all that new stuff (2021) gone again.

Maybe they're going to just break it. The breaks have been piss poor and i am happy because i haven't bought into any breaks in ages.

Still waiting a month for breaks to be delivered though so its not all good news
I can't work it out. One minute it's up for sale - at a stupid price relative to how bad the product is - and then it's gone. They tend not to put old stuff in breaks from what I've seen. I suspect they will give it away at the start of the breaks like they've been doing.

2020 Update was one of Topps' biggest stuff ups. There is literally not one rookie worth more than $0.25. They could have put 3 or 4 guys from 2021 Series 1 in it but because Covid delayed the 2020 season they stuck by the rules and even though some were on the Opening Day roster it was after the June cut off date and thus none were put in 2020 Update and as a result it has solid claims to being the worst licensed product in the last 10 years. it would look better to give it away( and factor the price into the break) than try and sell it. It is hot garbage as is 2021 Series 1, although the latter has Mountcastle and a few others who are not yet complete hobby busts.

Last edited:
one of the big 3 probs.

I need money first. Once that happens, i might just ship all my cards home
My best baseball boxes hits wise have come from BO but their postage is pricier than SCC. SCC is the go to for Hockey products but Cherry have those so even though SCC is cheaper for postage than BO their MLB selection is not as good as BO's. Dave and Adams I have only purchase from once.

My best baseball boxes hits wise have come from BO but their postage is pricier than SCC. SCC is the go to for Hockey products but Cherry have those so even though SCC is cheaper for postage than BO their MLB selection is not as good as BO's. Dave and Adams I have only purchase from once.
It'll end up free postage to the US, so ill just need to pay to store the case.

Probably looking at a few hundred US to ship my boxes and cards back

I can't work it out. One minute it's up for sale - at a stupid price relative to how bad the product is - and then it's gone. They tend not to put old stuff in breaks from what I've seen. I suspect they will give it away at the start of the breaks like they've been doing. 2020 Update was one of Topps' biggest stuff ups. There is literally not one rookie worth more than $0.25. It would look better to give it away( and factor the price into the break) than to try and sell it. It is hot garbage as is 2021 Series 1, although the latter has Mountcastle and a few others who are not yet complete hobby busts.
It'll end up free postage to the US, so ill just need to pay to store the case.

Probably looking at a few hundred US to ship my boxes and cards back
I'm replying to the second post. A few hundred seems pricey but I'm guessing it's still cheaper to go through SMC than direct from the big three distributors. I used to pay around $60-$80USD to ship 6 hobby boxes, some blasters and supplies. I've never bought a case over there so that's probably more like $100USD which is shocking just for postage.

Guess we know why all the baseball stuff went off cherry...

1692230106964.png

Devils. They took down the Bowman Draft and then relisted it for $600 more per box. Not a great way to endear yourself with your customers. To be fair they will almost certainly eventually get that price at some point as that's how Bowman Draft generally goes but it still leaves a shitty taste.

On the funny side they have actually listed the 2020 Topps Update for a ridiculously high $150. It's honestly not worth $80.

It's singles for me or cases.

Devils. They took down the Bowman Draft and then relisted it for $600 more per box. Not a great way to endear yourself with your customers. To be fair they will almost certainly eventually get that price at some point as that's how Bowman Draft generally goes but it still leaves a shitty taste.

On the funny side they have actually listed the 2020 Topps Update for a ridiculously high $150. It's honestly not worth $80.

It's singles for me or cases.
Shit I just saw that bowman this morning. Animals.

I'd only go for a super jumbo at 1k again, but sheesh typical shady shit

I'm pretty surprised at that. That's next level scummyness. Perhaps they think they have to extract full value on the existing stock as they have had their allocation chopped.

Yeah, but I wouldnt get a jumbo at 1k. Doesn't matter now. Watch it drop next week
Either way I'm likely done with them. I hate that type of behaviour. Pretending to be nice and sneakily bending you over at the same time. Thankfully my wax addiction is waning. The 2022 Bowman boxes helped. Those were rubbish at half the price they are now.

Either way I'm likely done with them. I hate that type of behaviour. Pretending to be nice and sneakily bending you over at the same time. Thankfully my wax addiction is waning. The 2022 Bowman boxes helped. Those were rubbish at half the price they are now.
Just need to stop my singles addiction and I'll be done.

Stick to buying a couple of cases a year

I don't think I've ever told anyone this but in 2018 I bought a 2018 Panini Illusions Football hobby box from Cherry. Up until that time I didn't even know BO existed and bought all my American sports from ebay sellers in America. This was my first purchase from them.

The box was missing the main hit - the RPA. That had never happened to me before. I emailed them and Grayson basically washed his hands of it and said I had to chase it up with Panini. Naively I mailed my box with the code to Panini with the relevant paperwork and 6 months later received a RPA of Nahim Hynes which was worth $2. The postage cost me $9. Lesson learnt. If you get shafted by Panini just let it go.

To be clear I do not accuse Cherry of wrongdoing, however, the lack of care or any attempt to take make it right on their part meant I did not purchase any wax with them for 4 years. I bought some for the first time in April last year as I only wanted to buy single boxes and not multiple boxes which is what I'd do when buying from BO or SCC to spread out the postage cost.

Pushing up prices on the most desirable products by 30%-80% and then running a 20% off sale has me lost for words. That is slimy af.

P.S. I bought a case of UD hockey from them early this year and had to break the Panini seal to check to make sure it was the right stuff. They had sent me retail boxes instead of hobby boxes on a previous smaller order around Christmas. I'll almost certainly be breaking this case myself in future but if I did want to move it on it would be more difficult to get proper value as the Panini seal is broken.

Rant over. Bye Cherry.

I don't think I've ever told anyone this but in 2018 I bought a 2018 Panini Illusions Football hobby box from Cherry. Up until that time I didn't even know BO existed and bought all my American sports from ebay sellers in America. This was my first purchase from them.

The box was missing the main hit - the RPA. That had never happened to me before. I emailed them and Grayson basically washed his hands of it and said I had to chase it up with Panini. Naively I mailed my box with the code to Panini with the relevant paperwork and 6 months later received a RPA of Nahim Hynes which was worth $2. The postage cost me $9. Lesson learnt. If you get shafted by Panini just let it go.

To be clear I do not accuse Cherry of wrongdoing, however, the lack of care or any attempt to take make it right on their part meant I did not purchase any wax with them for 4 years. I bought some for the first time in April last year as I only wanted to buy single boxes and not multiple boxes which is what I'd do when buying from BO or SCC to spread out the postage cost.

Pushing up prices on the most desirable products by 30%-80% and then running a 20% off sale has me lost for words. That is slimy af.

P.S. I bought a case of UD hockey from them early this year and had to break the Panini seal to check to make sure it was the right stuff. They had sent me retail boxes instead of hobby boxes on a previous smaller order around Christmas. I'll almost certainly be breaking this case myself in future but if I did want to move it on it would be more difficult to get proper value as the Panini seal is broken.

Rant over.

Post pics when you break the case :)

I jumped in a hockey break a while ago and am still waiting for my shitty hit

Will do. Hopefully I won't do it for a few years. Let it marinate and with any luck a few of the crop really pop off. If I had the funds I'd be buying more UD hockey cases. I flatter myself but I think can spot value in wax and I see it more in those products than almost anything else recently - other than when 2022 Bowman was $300 a throw a few months ago.

Back
Top Bottom