1996 S2 State Wars variant or misprint

mischap123

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Mischa
eBay User
mischap123
:woot:Hey all,
Was just looking through some sets of mine and noticed a card was different to the others.It is the chase card State Wars #11 Robbie O'Davis from 1996 S2 set.
The "State Wars" written at the bottom of the cards is red with gold over the top. BUT...
SW11 of mine DOESN'T have the gold over the top (Lucky I have a spare that does!)
Has anyone ever seen this before and do you think it's a "variant" or "misprint":woot:

I just had a look at the State Wars cards that I opened the other day and all mine are red with the gold over the top as you described, pls put up some scans, would be interesting to see

Hey guys,
I think I've made some crude link to a scan I did today. Let me know if there's a better way as obviously I'm a newbie at this. The scan on the left is the normal one and the one on the right has no gold on it. Not on the writing or in the background. Seems like a misprint and they must have run out of gold ink that day. Do you think it is worth a bit more as a result???
http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu300/mischap123/IMG.jpg

Definate difference, i'd say it's an error card. But something unrelated, it's my personal belief that the inserts from the mid 90s from Dynamic are just so much better designed and look better in hand than what Select have brought out to date. Select have more simple and classic designs sure but i love the elaborate designs from the 90s, it actually looks like a special card. That's just me. Having some of the Tigers inserts from that time, the designs are just awesome.

Absolutely eido! People rip into Dynamic, but they had some outstanding designs (especially the 1996 series'). Also, they had much more interesting ideas for inserts ... unlike now, just gem cards of a random bunch of players.

Back
Top Bottom