1994 Series 1 gold Signature

A.Parker

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Andrew Parker
Hi im trying to find out what the 1994 Series 1 Gold Signature Cards are worth,they are of Ricky stuart,Steve Walters,Brad Mackay,Mark Coyne,and Kerrod Walters they are hand signed by each player and 1000 of each were made been looking cant find any for Sale. Any help would be great.

Tough one to answer mate because despite being 1000 of them out there you dont see that many and there are quite a few fakes that get around.

I think you could expect $150 odd but in saying that i saw one go last year on ebay for over $300. Depends on your luck on the day.

Do you happen to have the COA letters with them??

I dont have COA's with any of mine :(

They are all the real deal, overlapping sigs etc. Though with the smaller Mark Coyne sig how would you really know?! Its his sig for sure and the sig numbering style is consistant with the rest and bought it from a reliable seller so that was good enough for me

I heard back in the day that they were signed first on sheets and then lacquered over and would explain any signature appearing to run off the edge of the card after being cut, not sure if that is true or not, if it is then any signed on the outside of the lacquer coating and numbered would be fake, not fake autographs but not the genuine Dynamic deal, the first effort at signed cards but maybe Not thought through with any great degree, 1000 of them out there, you would think why would there need to be any fakes but they have never been ones I have ever had any confidence in personally.
There is still that nagging doubt nearly 20 years on

Yes I think they were random in packets along with the unsigned versions,
Maybe someone out there who as them from back in the day that maybe pulled them from the packets could respond with their findings
On the COAs, if that was the case then Card Zone would have had or still have the majority of them, seeing as they copped for the Dynamic bankrupt stock ?

You could get a COA but most did not which someone mentioned. They were signed before the gold was applied so the real cards are often partly obscured with the gold finish. Mark Coyne however is often the exception with a smaller sig. We have ratted out the odd fake on Ebay. There's an old thread on this topic with a heading of "fakes" or something similar

dug out all my promo stuff from 1994 Dynamic Series 1

there are a number of promo slips that came in the packets

one shows a Ricky Stuart Signature Gold card, it states these signatures are guaranteed authentic and have been signed before being UV varnished to avoid duplication or forgeries

So if you have any that are signed and numbered on top of the card, sorry they are not the real McCoy, signed and numbered normal Gold Foil after production

Yes I think they were random in packets along with the unsigned versions,
Maybe someone out there who as them from back in the day that maybe pulled them from the packets could respond with their findings
On the COAs, if that was the case then Card Zone would have had or still have the majority of them, seeing as they copped for the Dynamic bankrupt stock ?

Like Mischa said - you pulled the cards from the packet however if you sent them to Dynamic they would send them back with a COA letter. Its the same COA letter that came with the series 2 signatures when you sent the redemption card in.

These letters were only used in 1994 and its my understanding that they did not exist by the time the went bust. Cardzone/Wang did not get as much stock as everyone thinks - a guy from USA picked up half of it.

cool

at least Series 2 had a Redemption card to inform the collector how to get hold of the Meninga and Lamb and an A4 paper COA letter

no wonder nobody seems to have the Gold cards with a COA, nobody or very few seem to have known you could get one

still if you have any signed or you are going to purchase any, take a good look at them

Like Mischa said - you pulled the cards from the packet however if you sent them to Dynamic they would send them back with a COA letter. Its the same COA letter that came with the series 2 signatures when you sent the redemption card in.

These letters were only used in 1994 and its my understanding that they did not exist by the time the went bust. Cardzone/Wang did not get as much stock as everyone thinks - a guy from USA picked up half of it.
I also heard that a guy in the US is still sitting of a heap of Dynamic stock

Hi im trying to find out what the 1994 Series 1 Gold Signature Cards are worth,they are of Ricky stuart,Steve Walters,Brad Mackay,Mark Coyne,and Kerrod Walters they are hand signed by each player and 1000 of each were made been looking cant find any for Sale. Any help would be great.
thanks for all your input i got the whole set plus an extra Ricky Stuart all signed collected them in 1994 locked em down in cases back then the gold has been layed over the top as you can see part of the marker underneath the gold i would have thought they be rare as many would have been lost or destroyed over the years the 2 Rcky stuart cards i have you can tell they were each hand signed as the y on Ricky is slightly different

Back
Top Bottom