1994 Series 1 gold Signature

thanks for all your input i got the whole set plus an extra Ricky Stuart all signed collected them in 1994 locked em down in cases back then the gold has been layed over the top as you can see part of the marker underneath the gold i would have thought they be rare as many would have been lost or destroyed over the years the 2 Rcky stuart cards i have you can tell they were each hand signed as the y on Ricky is slightly different
One of them MUST be a fake!

While we are discussing these cards has anyone seen a set of these with no gold on them?
Effectively any gold surface has a matt white finish to them.

I have an unsigned one before the gold was put on I'll dig it out over the weekend & post the scan of it on Monday.

G, the provenance would make a good yarn if you don't mind

Not much of a yarn I bought it in a package deal about 2 1/2 years ago & didn't give it much thought thinking there were plenty around.
The guy who I bought it off said he got it off someone who pulled it out of a packet.

Here is a picture of my Brad McKay signature with the certificate I sent all my series 1 cards to Dynamic and got certificates excuse the photo it was taken with my phone

IMG_0887[1].JPG

How did you even know that you could do that? I collected the set at the time and never had a clue it was an option.
I got a Mark Coyne signature out of a packet and went into a card dealer to show him in which the dealer told me it was a fake because the signature didn't go under the gold embossing we got into a bit of an argument and when I got home I rang Dynamic and told the person on the phone what happened and was there any way I could prove the signature was real the person advised me to send all the series 1 signature cards I had to them and they would authenticate them for me and would supply a certificate so that's what I did and I have had them ever since.

Hi im trying to find out what the 1994 Series 1 Gold Signature Cards are worth,they are of Ricky stuart,Steve Walters,Brad Mackay,Mark Coyne,and Kerrod Walters they are hand signed by each player and 1000 of each were made been looking cant find any for Sale. Any help would be great.
Hi There,I saw 2 Gold signed on ebay 3/4 weeks ago and were $90.00 buy it now, The Add said they were Genuine Cards,the two were, walters Brothers,Hate,m,anyway sounds like theres some inconsistencies in Prices for this lot,Doesnt help much but there it is. Cheers, Greg

I got a Mark Coyne signature out of a packet and went into a card dealer to show him in which the dealer told me it was a fake because the signature didn't go under the gold embossing we got into a bit of an argument and when I got home I rang Dynamic and told the person on the phone what happened and was there any way I could prove the signature was real the person advised me to send all the series 1 signature cards I had to them and they would authenticate them for me and would supply a certificate so that's what I did and I have had them ever since.
The Dealer was probs trying to con the cards out of you Cheap,lol Cheers, Greg

Not much of a yarn I bought it in a package deal about 2 1/2 years ago & didn't give it much thought thinking there were plenty around.
The guy who I bought it off said he got it off someone who pulled it out of a packet.
After thinking about this, I realised I have a Dynamic State Wars card without the gold. Not as noticeable as the gold card though. Machine must have run our of gold ink then they were put into packs with little to no QC. See my second post for the scan
http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/community/threads/1996-s2-state-wars-variant-or-misprint.45927/

If Dynamic could have used their brains and not used the same cards twice in the set, then there wouldn't be any problems or doubt, the only Gold cards would have all come signed and out of the packets, but that's too easy :lol:

Yup

but Dynamic went on doing it having the same cards signed and un signed in their collections, in fact all of them wasn't it? although Alfie put a spanner in the works with one of them :lol:

I suppose with the Redemption cards it firmed it up a bit but the cards were still the same cards not to mention fading signatures with the dodgey purple marker pens

Happy Days

Those unsigned versions (force 5 etc) were never supposed to make it out into circulation though. That's another story I guess......

How bad were the pens they used though......:mad:

Tell me about it, its really bad on the acetate cards, my 3x all fired up signed cards you can barely see the signatures on them, the national heroes arent to bad though but could be better... lucky i have the redemptions + COA`s for all of them or else they wouldnt seem real.

The older playmakers and force 5 sigs seem to be holding up well over the years though luckily.

Bloody dynamic... still good cards for the time though

Back
Top Bottom