Status
Not open for further replies.

cmccolgan27

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Mav
eBay User
maverickburger
Hi i told my gf the other day that in the mid 90s i loved bball cards and she went on ebay and bought me 2 boxes of NBA 07/08 Upperdeck ARTIFACTS. they seem to look good but im confused because the boxes say that there is 8 packs per box with 5 cards in a pack. but ive looked on the american ebay and they have 10 packs per box and 4 cards in a pack. is there a reason for this? she did get them cheap hence the reson she bought 2 for me. She is nice lol.
my main questions are:
1. why is there the inconssoncy with the boxes with packs and number of cards compared to ebay america?
2. Are these good cards to collect?
3. Are the cards worth anything?
4. Do people collect them on this forum?
5. what is the best NBA cards to collect? and reason why
6. how much does a pack of artifacts go for at a card shop?
7. any other stuff you can think of please add

i want to start collecting again but i dont know how to, i dont want to throw money away on the wrong cards, but i want to get rare cards aswell/ have a chance of getting good cards.

Please help me!!!!!thanks guys,

Hi i told my gf the other day that in the mid 90s i loved bball cards and she went on ebay and bought me 2 boxes of NBA 07/08 Upperdeck ARTIFACTS. they seem to look good but im confused because the boxes say that there is 8 packs per box with 5 cards in a pack. but ive looked on the american ebay and they have 10 packs per box and 4 cards in a pack. is there a reason for this? she did get them cheap hence the reson she bought 2 for me. She is nice lol.
my main questions are:
1. why is there the inconssoncy with the boxes with packs and number of cards compared to ebay america?

i want to start collecting again but i dont know how to, i dont want to throw money away on the wrong cards, but i want to get rare cards aswell/ have a chance of getting good cards.

It's not an inconsistency with the boxes themselves. You have different types of boxes, such as retail boxes, hobby boxes and blaster boxes. They all have different number of packs and cards per pack. Generally, the hobby boxes are best. More packs, more cards and more hits. Hits being the inserts and autos etc that you can get. So this means better odds. The reason for the blaster boxes which generally only contain about 8 packs is for those collectors that almost have completed a set and only need a few cards. It's much cheaper to finish off a base set like that. Also, they are a good way to feel out a certain release. If you don't like the look of the cards, you didn't end up spending too much on trying it out. :)

The best way to start is to probably look on eBay at what cards you like the look of and collect that set. This hobby is unique in that way, so there's no right answer. Chances are you will get lots of help on this forum too!

Also I recommend you buy one of the latest Beckett price guide mags. They will give you a good idea of what cards are worth. :thumbsup:

what do u beleive to be the best bball cards? what do u like to collect? what is the upper deck SWEET SPOT tins like? are the the same cards as the artifacts cards? explain the sweet spot can ya please/ someone thanks

my main questions are:

Anothor Geelong boy great to see. Ebay is the way to go mate do you have a player you like? If so I would start by collecting cards of that player and then move on to sets thats how I started collecting again and found it easyer to move into collecting sets and starting other PC. Drop me a PM and I would be glad to help you out.

Cheers Matt

can yous guys fill me in on upper decks range of 07/08 cards. every series and set for this year. what types go together and what dont. what is equisite? what is sweet spot. what is SP rookies and do al these cards collect together into a set

hey mate, one way to learn about the products is to click on the sponsors link on the top right hand side of your screen. They detail what makes up each product (ie: hits etc). A great site to purchase from as well as educate :thumbsup:

what do u beleive to be the best bball cards? what do u like to collect? what is the upper deck SWEET SPOT tins like? are the the same cards as the artifacts cards? explain the sweet spot can ya please/ someone thanks

We have a huge variety of set and player collectors here. So theres no real answer to which cards are the best. Comes down to what you like the look of. But in terms of $$$, the best sets out there from recent years are the Upper Deck Exquisite and Upper Deck Ultimate sets. They are the most sought after and most expensive.

How would you like me to send you some incomplete sets I have lying around to get your collection started? I would probably need about $10 to cover postage/packing costs but otherwise happy to help you start a collection. I have 2 incomplete sets of 05/06 and 06/07 Bowman Chrome and also 07/08 Topps 50th Anniversary, over 200 cards all up. There are lots of inserts and rookie cards in the lot and also an RJ X-fractor. The cards will be sent tightly packed in Ultra Pro storage boxes, so they'll arrive brand new.

Let me know via PM mate. Happy to help out if you're interested. :)

PM me if you need a hand with anything cmccolgan27, also I think I just bought a Cotchin Draft Rc off you on eBay :) nice dealing with ya.

thanks guys for the support i cant believe how generous all the members are here. i am my self 2. i gave a kid with a bombers shirt on (in GEELONG LOL) aged 5 a few doors down a set of bombers select 08 cards and he loved them. he went 2 his mum and said look at these mum, i laoghed and said 2 her, now you have 2 buy him more cards so he can collect. she laughed.

I loveeeeeee Artifacts!!! hahaah! Im collecting a sh!tload of them! Trust me its not easy... They got me back into collecting sets and I havent looked back, Theres a few in my photobucket link but not anywhere near as many as I have!

Its all down to personal choice mate! If you like it, go for it I say!

tell me more about your collection? please, im seriously looking at investing in them. but im scared that ill buy a case and ill get no good cards and i would have wasted my money

i dont have a favorite team in the nba, i used to like the bulls because of jordan but i didnt love them if you know what i mean. i like orlando a bit but not enough. i dont like the spurs, boston, lakers, pistons, washington, indiana. i like toronto because of when i went there back in 97 and stoudamire was there and because i hav family there and when the raptors had vince was great and i still have the triple overtime game on tape where vince had 45 and iverson had 54, awesome game. but now they are **** i reckon, im ot a fan of bosh, i havent seen him play much to be honest. what team should i follow i need a team. i like the knicks because i feel sorry for them drafting **** players and signing **** player on long and expensive contracts lol. gee jordan has done some good trades and draft picks with his teams LOL.

haha pick a player mate.. it's easier to collect player cards than sets at first..

personally i don't like artifacts much. I'd go with EX since it's cheaper but pretty looking cards. Oh and if you're going to buy a case, make sure you like the rc's of that year. For example, 05-06 is CP3 and Deron's year and 03-04 is Lebron/Wade/Melo year. IMO the value of a case compared to previous runs depends on the rcs.. which is why Emeka's year is crap (except for Dwight haha)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom