03'04 UD Glass - yay or nay??

Yay !!

I loved it... the plexiglass was so cool... it was something different to the usual gu stuff....

pity they dont have it anymore :(

martyaud said:
Yay !!

I loved it... the plexiglass was so cool... it was something different to the usual gu stuff....

pity they dont have it anymore :(

Did you bust a box marty?? what are the gu's/auto odds?? is it just the 1 plexiglass card per box?? or 1 per minibox??

and how many rookies do you get a box?? i saw 1:3 per mini box?? does that mean on average you get 8 per full box??

edit - that 1:3 was something for the 'glass' cards. can you tell me how many RC's are per box marty?? is it just the 1??

Like most UD I've seen great busts and brutal ones. The main thing with the one your looking at is the chance to get a HUGE pull of a Jordan, Lebron RC Auto etc etc.

One auto/GU per mini i think it was. A couple of minis per box by memory. Others may be able to help more.

I'd love to bust a box of that though. Quality product and i love the autofocus set.

Im at work, so i dont remember what the breakdown is. I think I bought like 3 full boxes 3 years ago..

I didnt get a massive break... but I did get a Rip autofocus & a few others...

I will put up some scans when I get home...

go with the glass nvd001, the cards a good looking and a rookie class filed with the likes of bron,melo and wade makes me want to open one myself.

nvd001 said:
that's what i'm tryin to decide between:confused:

the box i'm looking at is $175.......Australian dollars!!! and yes that is for the whole box...not just 1 mini box!!!

what do you think??

sounds like somethings dodgy, if boxes are going for $229US normally...of course maybe the seller doesnt have any idea about the whole 03/04 rookie class craze, and has just priced the box as the RRP. if its on the level then your getting a steal there though buddy!

Evan

Just got home & search the boxes for what i got...

from the 2 full boxes that i bought, i got:

Carmelo Anthony RC Jersey card - which i sold
Luke Ridnour Monumental Marks-Auto & jersey
Yao Ming Auto focus - sold :D
Superlatve Swatches Charlie Ward
Game Gear Elton Brand Jersey
Plexi Glass - Darius Miles
Rookie Level3 Steve Blake/1000
Plexi Glass GOLD Jason Terry/100

As i said... I have to say that was favourite set.... & the $175 is a good price if you can get it

martyaud said:
Evan

Just got home & search the boxes for what i got...

from the 2 full boxes that i bought, i got:

Carmelo Anthony RC Jersey card - which i sold
Luke Ridnour Monumental Marks-Auto & jersey
Yao Ming Auto focus - sold :D
Superlatve Swatches Charlie Ward
Game Gear Elton Brand Jersey
Plexi Glass - Darius Miles
Rookie Level3 Steve Blake/1000
Plexi Glass GOLD Jason Terry/100

As i said... I have to say that was favourite set.... & the $175 is a good price if you can get it

that's pretty good man, from those 2 full boxes you pulled 2 gu's and 2 auto's. The Luke Ridnour was a quality card man and the gu's were all gud as well as a sweet Ming auto.

I know... 03-04 was for sure the best year for me in terms of breaks... I had like 2 or 3 melo gu & auto like ming...

now 05-06... all i get are battier quality stuff :mad:

martyaud said:
I know... 03-04 was for sure the best year for me in terms of breaks... I had like 2 or 3 melo gu & auto like ming...

now 05-06... all i get are battier quality stuff :mad:

hahaha that's why i never break boxes! it looks all sweet when you get melo auto's and ming auto's and luke ridnour auto/gu cards (he's actually quite good now), but why spend 100+ for a battier auto when i can get 4-5 auto's of my collecting player for 100+?!

yes that was a very good product, didnt bust it because of the price! but the auto-focus cards from that year were brilliant as were the momentual marks which are harded to pull tho.

I wouldnt spend all my card doh on boxes i find that to be a little crazy.
Id much rather get singles or lots that will go to the pc.
My little count has me busting three boxes a year!! I think 3 boxes in a year is more than enough with a few wax packs here and there. It works out to be 1 box every four months, the only 2 reasons i buy boxes is because its extremely enjoyable and for the chance to pull something with a high bv.

Back
Top Bottom