Buying boxes off Ebay US

TBB1983

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Adrian
Hi,
Not having much experience with international orders but would ordering something like the below be cheaper than buying for $120 for one box in Aus

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/225761519590?hash=item34906f67e6:g:bWkAAOSwSPhk-LDR&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA4B8y2iDxXioTuvbYDu9bxi/EbGbXpJR2O2+ojiwUaGJk4OHPzGGbHOk5CylmlMwZ9RgIOo9HRLi9F+IGfWikEFwtZG6ah24FoQ6F6abDBgDo2rIhTQcbq0Q0D3GA6b87+AxI2FUra+lOxPnEkvLIE3fMQuH1Iq7fAbS4Chgjakb0/qxG3SxwrfZiP0akvbYHf7R79zk3UAC32hnic2q/iQQ4OowZpiBR5mwdFsovwf8i7e8hzY8+6KMU7ViTCAhnPxsHpJrT8Fyn4+zC+xL+KORspCVboABC0JmI3on9G5WQ|tkp:Bk9SR5K84ZLSYg

Which on the main screen appears to be $120 approximately be beneficial or does it work out more expensive as its from overseas.
Apologies if this has been asked before

I see the bidding has finished but a word of warning an any listing that uses "eBay International Shipping".

Note that it quotes a shipping figure but also states "Duties and taxes paid at checkout". These "duties and taxes" are not included in the shipping figure.

I have only bought one card where this shipping method (to New Zealand) was used and I got hit with duty (which does not exist for cards in NZ) and GST (the purchase was well under the threshold) and there was nothing I could do about it. Shipping ended up being over $50NZ from memory and nearly doubled the price of the card.

I'm not sure if it works exactly the same to Australia but just be aware the quoted shipping is most likely not what you will pay.

With the lower end retail I'd just save yourself the headache and get from somewhere local as possible.

International postage cost and time can be a killer depending on the service used.

If you were buying HEAPS then I would consider using the middle man service but for a box here and there just go to eb games, zing, ebay aus etc etc

Yeah fair enough it could end up more trouble then it really needs to be is what i'm hearing.
Plus i think id prefer to spend a bit more and try and help the local card/hobby retailers. There seems to be a lot less than there used to be especially in NSW, so if i can help in any way i will.
However @GarnettFan4Life thanks for the heads up in the intro thread with shipmycard and comc in getting single cards. I have found some cards i like and budget permitting will try to get these soon.

Yeah fair enough it could end up more trouble then it really needs to be is what i'm hearing.
Plus i think id prefer to spend a bit more and try and help the local card/hobby retailers. There seems to be a lot less than there used to be especially in NSW, so if i can help in any way i will.
However @GarnettFan4Life thanks for the heads up in the intro thread with shipmycard and comc in getting single cards. I have found some cards i like and budget permitting will try to get these soon.

Yeah that's the way I think about buying local too - makes sense

Such a huge number of cards to chose from on COMC - wish I was rich!

Back
Top Bottom