* WARNING * The "real" bogutjordan story * WARNING * check out page 5

A1CardsandGaming

@ A1, we love collecting as much as you do !
Real Name
Terry
eBay User
www.A1CardsandGaming.com
Hi everyone,

I was hoping that this issue would stay low key for a number of reasons but considering that it is now in the open I would like to shine some light on this disturbing story.....

Roughly 6 months ago, this card was stolen from a local collector

Randompictures117.jpg

While quite a few people were sure it was a particular local collector that had stolen it, we could not prove it :mad:

The end result of this card being stolen was that a real champion collector decided to give it all up :(

To cut a long story short, 2 weeks ago Shannon (bogutjordan) contacted me with a story that he had picked up the KG in question.
Due to the nature of the situation I tried to play it cool saying that I looked forward to hearing more.
Then on the 28th of Feb he had the audacity to bring the stolen card into the shop. Since the first theft I had HD CCTV installed that also has audio and luckily i got some nice audio of him acknowledging that it was the exact card that was stolen last year.

For some reason he also told me he was looking at trading it to a member here on Ozcard ! It must have been my lucky day because he even said the username.
I contacted the member that he mentioned and it was confirmed that he had offered a KG logoman. Trying to gather more evidence I asked about any pictures that he might have of the logoman ! Instead of sending through a photo like he did on HK, he was directing the Ozcard member (possibly others) to view the card on my website which was featured because it was the first MOJO busted at the shop. I have since had to removed the picture there :(

Since the 28th of Feb, I was informed that he also sold a KG logoman on HK a month earlier

This member is also the same guy that charged one of my customers 2 x book value for Michael Beasley cards (I posted a thread here which some of you may remember) I am still shocked at some responses to that one :(

So here it is Shannon, I am going to give you until the end of the day tomorrow to return this stolen card and money to replace any others that you have stolen from other trade days !!! I have copied footage from every trade day

if I do not hear from you, I will be making an official report to the Gosnells police first thing Monday morning with all the proof that I now have !

I can't believe you have done this and you will forever be tainted in the hobby

Well done for wrecking the fun for others

If you want to know who to look out for, here is a pic taken in the shop in the early days
Family 396.JPG

Family 396.JPG

Dammit!!! Why does it have to get like this??

It's people like you that make this hobby great and only the occasional bad egg that reminds us to keep an eye out just in case. He had everyone fooled and luckily for everyone he has been caught out.

I am so happy to see some light at the end of this dark tunnel

Well... the cats out of the bag...:red:
What can i say...not only are you a thief...but your not even a clever one.

You bring shame to our site and aussie collectors in general.
Like one lowlife (good old bball)...you take it to the next level by stealing the card and then scamming overseas collectors.
I hope the police get involved and you get whats coming
Your out of the jordan auto givaway

For the rest of us.....lets keep on collecting and enjoying the decent community we have

He contacted me on the 28 Feb 2012 to say that the card has "turned up" and whether my friend "wants it back or let it go". So looking at Hinrich's trade date on HK it looks like he was looking to rip Hinrich off from the start...

We knew from the weekend the card went missing who stole it, since he was shopping it around to other members. I tried to get him investigated with some clear evidence but it must have slipped. Not sure what more mods could have done, but the member/s who were contacted at the time could have answered my PMs to help us out a little (a lot!)

He contacted me on the 28 Feb 2012 to say that the card has "turned up" and whether my friend "wants it back or let it go". So looking at Hinrich's trade date on HK it looks like he was looking to rip Hinrich off from the start...

We knew from the weekend the card went missing who stole it, since he was shopping it around to other members. I tried to get him investigated with some clear evidence but it must have slipped. Not sure what more mods could have done, but the member/s who were contacted at the time could have answered my PMs to help us out a little (a lot!)

He ended up contacting you because I told him that I had made you aware of the theft at the time and that you would spot it, if it ever resurfaced with a search engine blah blah blah bs bs bs :lol: !
Everyone's hands were tied but at long last we are nearing a conclusion ! I contacted Clint as soon as I heard from Shannon a couple of weeks ago. It is still a bit of a sore point for him :(
I can't believe he thought you could give him the all clear to sell it in oz after ripping off a nice guy overseas already :mad:
All these mistakes have just helped to catch him in the end !

Woah I havent been keeping up with this, but could someone please give me the backstory on how he originally stole the Garnett logoman?

What can i say...not only are you a thief...but your not even a clever one.

Don't worry about the Jordan Giveaway, someone needs to find you a prize for understatement of the year!

He contacted me on the 28 Feb 2012 to say that the card has "turned up" and whether my friend "wants it back or let it go".

But that is the bit that is the bit that gets me!!! 'let it go'????? wtf!! you douche!

Hey Minh.... I stole your Rose/Deng dual logoman... just wanted to know if you were over it and want to buy it back?

Woah really cant believe this one, another sore spot in our beautiful hobby.

Why do people have to steal to gain, and to think he was another Bogut collector, should have a ban in place from every site and stop him from collecting Boguts.

Feel sorry for anyone that loses a card especially such a beautiful card. Thanks for bringing this to light Terry, will be deleting him from my page.

Woah I havent been keeping up with this, but could someone please give me the backstory on how he originally stole the Garnett logoman?

Pretty sure he must have just pocketed it from a trade day!

Makes me wonder if he pinched anything off me when I left him alone looking through my stuff!! I will never know? Who would have thought I would need to do a stocktake before I leave?

Clint at the time was buying heaps of basketball. He always would have his collections with him in 4-5 of those two drawer sliding cases that you can get at bunnings for about 20.00 He was walking out of the shop to bring his stuff to his car and one of the cases he was carrying fell or something like this and it seems that there were a few helping to pick stuff up. I think this happened outside the store as I remember Clint who came to my house after all this happened was telling me this story.

Because there might be a legal proceeding, I will not talk more about this, however I feel this fact is not going to cause any issues...

Sorry to hear you being caught up in this one Terry, to use your shop as a way of stealing from other collectors who are all there due to your goodwill is a total disgrace.

If I were judge and jury I would sentence him to a thousand KG logoman paper cuts.....but then that would be a waste of such a stunning card :lol:

Sounds like you have done the right thing airing this dirty laundry as everyone should be made aware of people doing their best to sully this hobby. Good riddance bogusjordan I say.

Yeah it's pretty crazy... The original owner was getting his cards out for trading and accidentally dropped them in the car park. never seen 2 people (shannon and his brother - never seen Shannon at a trade day alone) move so quickly to (what we thought) help but to steal instead :(
* At no point did we believe that Shannon's brother was involved

Never had a good impression about him, even as another Bogut collector whom I usually love collaborating with about our collections. And he goes and does this.

I feel vindicated about telling him to get stuffed on some lowball deals he's done before, but I feel more sick for those involved in this scandal.

Go play under an anvil, Shannon.

Back
Top Bottom