Real Name
Ryan
eBay User
ryanm2117
What do people think?

Mourning Returning For One More Season
July 15, 2007 - 11:01 pm
ESPN -
Ending nearly three months of suspense about his future, Miami Heat center Alonzo Mourning said Sunday night at his annual Zo's Summer Groove charity game that he'll play again next season -- a choice he kept secret to the end, insisting he was still deciding just hours before the actual announcement.

Truth was, Mourning's decision was made weeks ago. The Heat's reign as NBA champions ended with a first-round sweep this past season by the Chicago Bulls , and he simply isn't willing to let that be the final chapter in the book he's writing on his career.

"I want to redeem myself and try to help this team redeem ourselves as an organization and try to get back on track," Mourning said. "That wasn't the Miami team you saw in the playoffs last year. ... I was embarrassed. I was truly embarrassed by that outcome. I know for a fact we're a better team. It left a sour taste in my mouth and it's time to really end it all on the right note.

He just wants to out-do Mount Mutombo and Ewing, lol! Good to see him back, he can rumble with the best of them still. I don't know how good the Heat can perform though, they will need to be firing if they want it this season.

Good to see him back for another year, but really thought he'd have left Miami. I guess he's showing some heart for the Heat.

Well done!

That's right, despite him being my favourite of all time, he's always showed heart.

Let's go Zo, with the Heats expectations uncertain due to a unhealthy, young and old mixed roster of unexperienced players and overrated players, hopefully we can get something going!

yeap, saw in other news as well, he doesn't want to end his career with first round defeat, i am glad such a great player like him decided to play another season, i am pretty sure they will come out strong next season...

yeap, saw in other news as well, he doesn't want to end his career with first round defeat, i am glad such a great player like him decided to play another season, i am pretty sure they will come out strong next season...

we really need help from the youth, i have strong hopes for especially Daequan Cook, Dorell Wright, Udonis Haslem and Chris Quinn.

We also signed two young rookies who were undrafted, Joel Anthony and Marcus Slaughter. The latter of the two looked very solid at the Orlando Summer League, hopefully both could surprise us and do a "Udonis Haslem undrafted surprise" - ending up as solid players.

Zo has alot of heart and determination towards the Heat and he's an inspiration. I just hope his teammates have the same qualities next season. Besides Wade and Haslem, they're still a team of old guys and questionable rookies. Whats happening with Posey?

But it is great to see him stick around for another year :D I hope Zo and Shaq get alot of court time together this year!

Back
Top Bottom