Yet another bad eBay experience (GVSportsCards)

jkidd05

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Michael
I purchased 10 cards from GVSportsCards, about 2 and a half weeks ago. Knowing it would be cheaper having it ship direct to me instead of to my COMC mailbox, I asked him to invoice me the correct amount for international shipping. Simple enough? Wrong. The invoice he sends me had the correct amount but was still stating standard USPS shipping within the U.S rather than international, meaning eBay wouldn't accept my payment.

Instead of trying to figure out to send a invoice properly he asks me to send him PayPal . Me being the idiot that I am agreed and paid him straight away. A week goes by and despite several messages, I don't hear him, not even a confirmation of funds received. Then last week this guy opens 10 non-paying bidder claims against me!

Luckily I paid by goods and opened a case against him on PayPal straight away freezing the payment in the process.

It could have been a case of miscommunication but once again I was wrong for seeing only the good in people. The case was due to be closed in my favor tomorrow and I get update from PayPal that he has provided a tracking #, showing the cards were only shipped two days ago, two weeks after I paid him, presumably realising he couldn't get away with the scam. Also, meaning he probably saw an opportunity to keep the money and the cards at the same time. To top it all off, he closes the case stating he never received funds and now I have have 10 unpaid strikes against me. Stay away from this P.O.S.

Lesson learnt the hard way.

Update March 8
This con artist assured me he "accidentally" clicked payment not received on all 10 items and he would have it reversed. I'm thinking he closed the case so I can't leave him negative feedback!

Just called eBay and they have no record of such request from anyone besides myself.

Last edited:
I'm in the middle of a similar situation:

Bought 10 cards, requested a total but was only given a total for 8 of them. The other 2 had the global shipping program thing and had $20 each for postage.
The seller said he would add the other 2 cards as an extra charge on the other invoice so I pay.
Then a few weeks later he launches an unpaid item dispute for those 2 cards!
I sent him a message quoting his earlier messages so he drops the dispute, but then the cards show up and it's only the original 8, and the extra 2 are missing!!!

Not sure what to do - can I launch an item not received dispute if there is no paypal evidence that I paid for those 2 cards???
The seller won't reply to my messages :mad:

I'm in the middle of a similar situation:

Bought 10 cards, requested a total but was only given a total for 8 of them. The other 2 had the global shipping program thing and had $20 each for postage.
The seller said he would add the other 2 cards as an extra charge on the other invoice so I pay.
Then a few weeks later he launches an unpaid item dispute for those 2 cards!
I sent him a message quoting his earlier messages so he drops the dispute, but then the cards show up and it's only the original 8, and the extra 2 are missing!!!

Not sure what to do - can I launch an item not received dispute if there is no paypal evidence that I paid for those 2 cards???
The seller won't reply to my messages :mad:

So you bought 10 items, he combined the invoice for 8 of them and wanted to charge you extra $20 per item for the remaining two. So how much did you pay?

I didn't pay any postage for the last 2 - he added the price of the cards to the postage on the invoice.
I literally just received an email from him about half an hour after posting this - he is sending the other 2 cards now. Coincidence?

There is really no reason for him to not combine the 2 other cards, he must have forgotten, then somehow you have paid, then he has forgotten about the whole arrangement. This is so complicated!!

I would only pay an invoice that lists all the items I have purchased. This is just to get all the information out in the open so no one can take advantage.

It really is unfortunate that a few shady people can ruin the collecting experience for a lot of people.

What's even worse is that they are somehow allowed to continue with their scamming ways!

It really is unfortunate that a few shady people can ruin the collecting experience for a lot of people.
What's even worse is that they are somehow allowed to continue with their scamming ways!

anything you can get money off will always be prone to shady people, plus the internet made the scamming more elaborate and worldwide!
gone were the days you had to go in a card shop to buy cards.

something like this happened to me and now i have to cases of unpaid items, which now i have trouble bidding of cards i want, as it locks me out .....

something like this happened to me and now i have to cases of unpaid items, which now i have trouble bidding of cards i want, as it locks me out .....

I was able to have mine removed because I had proof of payment but I think it depends on which operator you get. It took 3 phone calls before I spoke to one who know what they were doing.

Back
Top Bottom