Yep, Another Redemption Rant!

Jaames

Seahawks/Knicks/Liverpool
Real Name
Jaames
So I have had a redemption with Panini now for a little over 2 years waiting to be redeemed. I've asked a least 15 time if I could have it replaced give that it looks like it will never be fulfilled.

Now this has got me thinking, how can they get away with this? I bought the product, pulled a redemption card and they just decide not to give it to me after 2 years or even return any email/tweet/facebook message that I have sent them. Surely there must be a law against this type of thing. I mean if you were to go to a store and buy a PS3 game, get home open it and find a little card in there saying "this game hasn't been made yet, go to our website and we will send it out when we get around to finish making it.

Aren't the players contracted to sign the cards?

Anyway in short, Panini you're a joke of a company.

They have a new customer service manager who has been killing it with redemptions, have you tweeted him?

Rhys will surely link the twitter later I'd say if you haven't

Yep tweeted him heaps, even did it off 2 different Twitter account to see if it would make a difference.

They have a new customer service manager who has been killing it with redemptions, have you tweeted him?

Rhys will surely link the twitter later I'd say if you haven't
Yeah, New customer service manager is doing good things for them over there :thumbsup:

Got jipped with a replacement, they are sending something else out for me.

It's tough because it's not like you can just pop over there and see someone face to face. I have also been waiting for years between UD and Panini. i CONTACTED UD after 8 weeks for a recent claim and then they told me to wait up to 12 weeks now. Just making it up as they go.

I officially got the "we sent out your card 6 months ago...you didnt recieve it ?" from UD. Usually my redemptions are shit anyway, but this one was a Jordan auto and I have been waiting nearly 2 years for it. UD dont answer emails, they dont reply to phone messages and I have given up.

Yeah I think it's crap the buying and getting a redemption part, if they haven't signed they shouldn't be on the checklist, I can't put a figure on the amount of times I've given away a set chase because 1 or 2 on the checklist never signed.. If they can't overcome this very easy step it should just be replacement sent after 3 months regardless

Yeah I think it's crap the buying and getting a redemption part, if they haven't signed they shouldn't be on the checklist, I can't put a figure on the amount of times I've given away a set chase because 1 or 2 on the checklist never signed.. If they can't overcome this very easy step it should just be replacement sent after 3 months regardless
This is the exact reason I'm re-considering my Donruss chase... I've been notified that about 5 or 6 cards are not going to be produced.

I'm gonna ask this with as much respect as possible - did you keep your attitude in check when asking for replacements/otherwise? I've recently had an excellent experience with a Panini redemption issue (via Twitter for those playing at home - this tool is amazingly effective - refer to Billyhoyle's link), through nothing other than courtesy based on the fact that they have something I want and I'd best respect that it won't come to me any other way.

Surely the first few of your 15-odd attempts were pleasantly proposed, right? Are you certain they hit the mark?

You're experienced enough to suggest you weren't calling them a joke from the offset, true?

Hoping good things come of it for you. I'd be happy to get in touch on your behalf if it helps out!

I'm gonna ask this with as much respect as possible - did you keep your attitude in check when asking for replacements/otherwise? I've recently had an excellent experience with a Panini redemption issue (via Twitter for those playing at home - this tool is amazingly effective - refer to Billyhoyle's link), through nothing other than courtesy based on the fact that they have something I want and I'd best respect that it won't come to me any other way.

Surely the first few of your 15-odd attempts were pleasantly proposed, right? Are you certain they hit the mark?

You're experienced enough to suggest you weren't calling them a joke from the offset, true?

Hoping good things come of it for you. I'd be happy to get in touch on your behalf if it helps out!

Yeah mate always asked nicely, though my last message to them was "nice way to treat a loyal customer". Only because I've given up on getting the card and want and bought myself a replacement.

I can see where your coming from but even if your rude on the first request for replacement shouldn't this be enough to warrant an action? It surely shouldn't take more than 1 request for replacement (whether it be manners included or not) this probably applies to the old customer service not the new and improved, but personally I'd be looking at cases involved redemption and 24 months + as my first priority if I was new in that role (doesn't have to be action just an update would be nice) and personally I'm coming up on a 3 year anniversary for a card I haven't heard anything about (produced/lost/on the way)... Not a shot at any card company in particular but you get the point

So I have had a redemption with Panini now for a little over 2 years waiting to be redeemed. I've asked a least 15 time if I could have it replaced give that it looks like it will never be fulfilled.

Now this has got me thinking, how can they get away with this? I bought the product, pulled a redemption card and they just decide not to give it to me after 2 years or even return any email/tweet/facebook message that I have sent them. Surely there must be a law against this type of thing. I mean if you were to go to a store and buy a PS3 game, get home open it and find a little card in there saying "this game hasn't been made yet, go to our website and we will send it out when we get around to finish making it.

Aren't the players contracted to sign the cards?

Anyway in short, Panini you're a joke of a company.
Hook me up with all the details via PM!

Back
Top Bottom