Wolverine24: If at first you don't succeed, shill and shill and shill again!

exzibit3

Old school baby!
Real Name
exzibit3
I'll let the pictures speak. Do we need more proof to stay away from this seller or is this just a series of coincidences?

carter.jpg

Yeah i've bought a few off him before for reasonable prices. I'll be keeping an eye out on anything i want to bid on from him from now on though.

i can't really see the pics, what's your info on the bidding?

I've bought a few of the seller too, some cheap as also!!! Got Garnett inserts for like a couple bucks total that book for like 40. :)

^^^ Shilling has become so complex and the use of the anonymous ID makes it even harder to track bidders that even if the bidder has <5% bidding history, the bidding history spans back to 30 day summary only. A seller with multiple accomplices can rotate such bidders to further obscure the bidding history. Maybe it is coincidence that he has 4 items in the past 2 weeks, and that he couldn't be stuffed to change the picture as it is the exact same picture. Maybe.

yeh ive seen his auctions, and i must say he usually has some sick sick cards for sale. just a couple days ago i remember i was watching a dwyane wade logoman auto #ed1/1 which i was contemplatin a possible bid, it was at $400us at the time with like a day to go. ended up missing it though. but yeh my point is also that the bloke usually has more than 1 card of the same product/player, and if you look at each of his listings for each of the same cards you'll see each one is usually serial numbered different. so another card. he's feedback is crazily high and he's always selling hundreds of cards so i think he doesnt even have time to shill his auctions as he has so many at the one given time that he'd be going all day and night to get in on em. But still in saying that, nothing surprises me on ebay as im learning somethign new everyday there. and so i wouldnt be surprised if he shills some of em.

As i know he is a go to guy these cards are not actually his he sells on consignment for heaps of people .
So hence if he is selling your cards would you not bid on your own item + maybe a few friends ( Shill ) therefore drive the prices up ?
I know personally would not do that but people are people some honest some scum.

But that's what Wolverine24 is about that's why so much talk has been about this guy over the years but i guess it is out of his control ( even though he endorses this action )

We all know the system does not work $$$ talks and BS walks in a perfect world of non corrupt humans this guy should get reamed but i can show you a million wolverines in all walks of life and business what do u do ?

JUST DON"T BUY OF THE GERM

I've purchased several times from wolverine. I never have a problem. So just so i'm clear, he or an accomplice is purchasing the item and then he is re-listing it?

I've purchased several times from wolverine. I never have a problem. So just so i'm clear, he or an accomplice is purchasing the item and then he is re-listing it?

From what i have been told from various sources ( i am not sure on if you mail the card to him or whatever ) but he sells on your behalf for a commission

All the cards you see him listing are not his he sells on behalf of people how he does this i do not know i never looked further in to it on the actual formalities , obviously he runs it as if he is a selling agent on ebay for people .

What i do not understand is how can you actually bid on his items ??? he has more negs in a 6 month period ( from memory 1500 + negatives ) but yet people still bid on this guys listings .

yeh not sure esko to be honest but again, ive also bought stuff from him with no dramas at all... most reasonably

like you said though everyone is different

also it makes sense that he sells on consignment because i was wondering how one seller/person can have so many freakin good cards!

yeh not sure esko to be honest but again, ive also bought stuff from him with no dramas at all... most reasonably

like you said though everyone is different

also it makes sense that he sells on consignment because i was wondering how one seller/person can have so many freakin good cards!

He Does have some awesome cards i wanted to buy from him aswell but thought his feedback is rubbish so i never bid , but have seen many forum guys swear buy that seller makes me wonder if all good news on forums why is his feedback so riddled with Negatives on ebay ?:blink:

ive always considered him one of the best sellers, bought plenty of stuff off him and had no problems. never suspected any auctions of being shilled. maybe the lure of the extra bucks is too tempting though.....

ive brought off him, will continue to do so cos some of the stuff ive won has been cheap as mentioned before..he ships fast and ive never suspected anything. whats wrong with the 4 carters up? how is that shilling?

Picked up some cards off him before and never had an issue. Times are tough in the card business so maybe things have changed - or maybe there is a valid explanation to things. Would ask him and see what his response if any is and also if the auction dosent go around again.

Sorry guys but i dont understand what the deal is here?
i have actually purchased this card from this seller and have it in my hand,
its not numbered, yeah the auto might be different on the cards but what you see is pretty much what you get, i have purchased from this guy about 3 or 4 times always get good cards, reasonable shipping costs and receive item pretty quick too.

ok, ive just gone to pay for an outstanding ebay item that i won....what do you know...i won it off wolverine...so i decided to check the bid history and i see what seems to be small tiny increments...theres no doubt in my mind now this was shilled because if you want something at the end you dont bid in cents! what do you think...i cant believe im siding with exzibit for once:lol: ill wait to collect my card before i take the appropriate level of recourse:fist::swear: oh btw those little bids were all done within the last minute.

shilleed.JPG

shilleed.JPG

Back
Top Bottom