Who or What has been "HOT" in the last 6 months?

JP55

Jason Williams Fan
Real Name
JP55
Hi Guys,

Well... I have been out of the loop for nearly a year now. After having my PC stolen last year, I took some time off (and I focused on finishing my uni degree!) But now I'm back, and ready to get back into the game. :D:D:D However, a year is a LONG time in this hobby... I've been keeping a close eye on the NBA (hot players, teams, etc), but not on the hobby.

Could anyone give me some notes (brief or detailed - up to you :v:) on which players - and more importantly - which products have been HOT in the past few months?

I want to get reacquainted with the hot products & current market trends!

Can't wait to start tradin' with everyone ASAP!!! :thumbsup:

Kind Regards, JP.

I'll leave it to others to fill you in on the other stuff, but the big news if you haven't heard is that there is no more UD & Topps & that Panini have the exclusive rights to make NBA cards for the next few years... they also bought Donruss & I believe will be making the NBA brand under that name. :)

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

Btw.. Welcome back! :)

Well the 08/09 class was HUGE!!
Many people have been starting PC's of players within it such as my Anthony Randolph collection, Verse1's Augustin collection and Chowpei's Kosta Koufus collection.
This year there have been many hot products, the favorites imo would have to hot prospects and upperdeck black. Killer cards have been pulled out of both boxes but if your going value for money then hot prospects is the one to chase ;).

As far as players go, still your typical Kobe, Bron, Wade collectors are in the hundreds but the rookie class is attracting a lot of attention. Just check out Derrick Rose or OJ Mayo on ebay.

Well I hope you have fun coming back into the hobby bro,
all the best :)

Welcome back to the Hobby! Have to agree with Howey, this current RC class was huge, pleanty of starters to come out of it - Rose, Mayo, Beasley, Westbrook, Love etc... Hot prospects was one of the hottest products with many trying to complete sets of the RC patch autos, including myself! :D Lebron's cards have also been hot since winning the MVP award and Kobe's have started to thrive again after his playoffs perfermances and winning Chapionship #4!

Thanks for the update guys, I really appreciate it! Derrick Rose is a stud for sure.

There's no one that really jumps out at me from this years draft class (aside from Patty Mills) to start a personal collection around..... but John Wall who will be the #1 pick in 2010 is going to be a FREEEAAAAKKKKK!!!!!! I can't wait for him to enter the league...

The guy is absolute nuts aye!!
Have you seen that youtube vid?
He blocks the **** out of EVERYTHING that comes into his keyway.
The kids going to be an absolute beast of a player if he can keep disciplined.
I hear he's had a few run ins with the law already, breaking and entering on one case :S.

Oh really? Well... I hope he stays out of trouble!!! I've seen that mix on Youtube as well as a few other highlights - he was also featured in SLAM last month I think. Dude is a monster.

Back
Top Bottom