Which NBA team do you support and why.

wannabe all-stars

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Matthew
eBay User
Chisel35
O.K, Which NBA team do you support and why do you support them.

ME.

The KNICKS-Growing up I loved Patrick Ewing and wanted to be a dominant centre like he was in his time and like Hakeem and Robinson as well but I am only 5ft 10in so there go's my chance at playing centre for the KNICKS.And if you are wondering why I didn't follow the ROCKETS or SPURS its because I liked the KNICKS colours best.

For some reason ive always like the Texas teams:

Phoenix has always been my fave team since i saw them in the 92/93 finals, which is when i first started loving basketball. Seeing Sir Charles dragging a mediocre team (as much as i love em, they only had barkley, majerle, KJ and Dumas, the rest were shithouse) to the finals and pushing the bulls more than any other team ever did, was awesome.

Dallas i have always liked since Kidd joined them. Houston i loved watching Hakeem (the quickest and most skillful centre ever), and then Tmac joined later on (its been a painful season to watch so far though...bring on next years draft i say!). only texas team i hate is the spurs because they suck donkeys nuts :p

oh yeah ive always like the celtics too. the 1984 finals series is my favourite series ever. DJ, Parish, Bird, McHale, Ainge, just a joy to watch :D

Miami- Always been my team, loved Glen Rice, Dan Majerle, Timmy Hardaway, D-Wade, Shaq the most, but they're all second to my fave of all-time, the former face of the franchise, but their most beloved player, Alonzo Mourning. Simple as that.

NY- Always have supported them a little bit, love the traditional-ness. Really enjoyed Pat Ewing but even more liked Starks and LJ. Love Allan Houston and love Starbury.

Celts- Again love the traditionalness, love the uniforms.

Does everyone barrack for more than one team? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Celts/NY is akin to Collingwood/Carlton :shock: :shock:

Celtics are the team I would support over any other. I love the history.

Raptors get my support since I'm from Toronto and used to go to games before I moved here.

Suns would be my western conference team. Mainly because of Nash.

The teams I cheer against are the Lakers (because of Kobe) and the Knicks because I don't support any NY team.

I follow the Spurs because I used to love Sean Elliott & The Admiral, and have followed them ever since the early 90s. I used to love Jordans Bulls too, but I think pretty much everyone did (except Cavaliers fans) ;)

These days I love the Big 3, Timmy, Tony & Manu, and of course Big Shot Bob, because he does fuck all all season long and then makes a star of himself on one shot a year :p

I have to say the bulls.. I always loved Scottie Pippen, and of course MJ, since 1992 I was a follower, and loved the knicks rivalry...

When mj retired and a boy named Jason Williams entered the league, I jumped off the Bulls wagon until they got back on their feet.. I stuck with the kings even though jwill left, but when webber left, my interest was already back with the bulls...

I still like the kings, but have a spot for jwilliams and the heat, but my hearts with the bulls... i have players i can idolise now that arent just there for a season..

76ers
Ever since I was about 5 years old, my favourite player was Dr J. Then Barkley. Now Iverson. I've always loved the Sixers.
My first girlfriend in uni was from Philly. She gave me an Iverson jersey from 96 when she went back to the states. It was such a touching moment..

chadjaja® said:
Does everyone barrack for more than one team? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Celts/NY is akin to Collingwood/Carlton :shock: :shock:

Wouldn't Celtics/Lakers be more akin to Carlton/Collingwood. NY would be more like Richmond, and 76ers like Melbourne...

For me, it has always been Magic #1. When Longley & Kukoc played for the Bulls, I had a soft spot for the Bulls.

Nah Clarkey, actually the biggest rivalry for the Celts are the Knicks and Sixers. Then the Lakers I'd say. Although the Celts had to beat the Lakers to get the crown the fight to get there against the other foes in the east was always somewhat harder and tougher too at times. Just like how the western conference has been for a while.

How Celtic am I??? Well I bleed green as Johnny Most put it :)

I grew up on Celtics basketball. My first memories are of a young Bird leading the newly revived Celtics over the Lakers in 81 for the title over my brothers Lakers. That went on for a few years and Larry and co were my heros. Then you get into the history of the organisation and appreciate the ones that trod the parquet floor before them. You learn about Cooz, Russ and Hondo. You watch NBA specials with the obligatory stories of Celtics championsip exploits. You read books, mags and anything else you can get your hands on. And wear Celtics gear to primary school and play with a green and white ball.

I get my Celtic logo tattoo this year too!

I think guys like me are a dying breed now it seems as people follow the league and players in general rather than a team. Its the same as the way the NBA is marketed now. Its more about Bron VS Kobe than Cavs take on Lakers. That and the lack of super teams with the exception of Spurs, Piston s etc. Little wonder they are the benchmark.

Just ask DrCurleytek what playoff time is like at my house when the Celts are in. Its the guys around for pizza, me in a Celts jersey, cap and whatever else, green streamers up the whole time, Celts cards and other things around the house and the world stops while we play!

JZA said:
For some reason ive always like the Texas teams:

Phoenix has always been my fave team since i saw them in the 92/93 finals,

Phoenix is not in Texas....It is in Arizona. The Texan teams are Dallas, Houston and San Antonio.

Ersk

San Antonio Spurs for me.
Started getting into bball around 1993, I can remember flicking through some cards of my friends and seeing a 1992 hoops card of robinson, a nice big slam dunk. They had the black uniforms, nothing fancy (pretty crappy feista coloured logo) amd they were a good team, led by DRob an upstanding citizen. They had a good record but werent the best, I wasnt going to jump on the bulls bandwagon.

So I started collecting Robinson cards and reading whatever I could. News came in the form of pro bball today and one on one mags. I lived through the Rodman years, the kneeing of John Stockton and the continual losing to the Jazz. DRob then leads SA with stellar numbers, but they give MVP to Hakeem. The next year Hakeem probably deserved it again, but DRob gets it. Hakeem then leads Houston to the promised land, I took tormenting from everyone at school...that dream shake move still sticks out, but as Ive grown and seen those games, I place the blame on Rodman and respect DRob for trying...noone stopped Hakeem that year, if Pop was coach they would have though....
Along came the Atlanta olympics and DRob tops scores in the final, cemeting his place...he does all this despite being elbowed in the back by a Greek player in the exhibition rounds, 96/97 starts with no Robinson until december, Bob Hill is fired, Pop comes in, Robinson breaks his foot...spurs go 20-62, it was probably the most games Ive ever watched too...I still have heaps on tape and watch them get flogged!
Then comes Duncan, how awesome, both of them steady the ship and put in some learning years, more exits to Utah. Then comes a 6-8 start, spurs are looking old, the seasons only 50 games long....then the incredible playoff run, finall a championship....Sean Eliotts three, Jaren Jackson being the Laker killer, Mario Elie, GAZE! Elliott announces he has a kidney disease...wow!

You get to know a team, at spursreport Im a moderator, the site has 15,000 spurs fans, Im halfway across the world, but respected for my spurs knowledge. Knowing the spurs usually start slow (last two years have been different) they dont win preseason games, they peak in March, rounding the roster and focusing on being healthy. They always get beat by 40+ in the final game if HCA or playoff spots are already secured!
A team of talent, yet good guys, not many problems, the news is always good news. When Malik Rose and Antonio Daniels are your trouble makers, then you're going well.

Back
Top Bottom