Which brand?

Real Name
Gareth
eBay User
G_Whammer
What's going on guys? I've been collecting AFL cards for years but really want to get into collecting NBA cards again.. I haven't bought any for literally 20 years. Just wondering which is a good brand of cards to get into and why? Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks heaps.

It sounds like you stopped collecting NBA before Panini got the exclusive rights to all NBA cards. This sucks balls for NBA collectors like myself.

So, in answer to your question, there is now only one Brand, Panini.

Now that doesnt mean theres less cards out there. Oh no, Panini have flooded the market with dozens of products from low end, Hoops, to high end, Flawless ($2500 a box)
you can find 20 different variations of every card they make. You like the base card but wish the text was another colour?

Dont fret! Panini probably makes it in Blue, Red, Purple, Orange, Teal, Green, Silver, Gold and Black! Plus refractors, prizms, and mosaic prizms.

Do you like all those colours but wish that the card wasnt an annoying rectangle shape?

Never fear, Panini makes all those colours in die cut versions too!

But that matte finish sucks. Wish it was gloss or thicker card stock?

They've thought of that too? Just buy Prestige, which come in 3 variations! Ones normal, one gloss, the other is thick! No other difference than that though.

Looking for low numbered cards? Panini have thought of that. They have versions numbered to /499, 399, 299, 199, 99, 49, 25, 10, 5 and 1, to make you feel like your card is special! But add it up, and you'll soon see theres actually over 1500 of them out there!

Hoping to land an auto of your favourite player?

You come to the right place! Panini has got that player to sign over 10,000 tiny stickers and stuck them on their cards so you can feel like your idol once touch a very tiny part of that card.

Seriously, none of Paninis's products, are as good as the glory days, when their was some friendly competition between Upper Deck, Skybox, Fleer, Topps etc etc. but I do still collect them cos its all they have.

You'd be better off picking a price point and going from there.

It's not all doom and gloom.

Whilst there's plenty going wrong with Panini having the license, they're also doing plenty right.

You can grab a very nice on card auto of Kobe, Durant or AD in the $100 - $200 range.

And if you want to buy the old stuff, you can.

Find a brand you like, prizm, gold standard or immaculate are some of panini favourites and see how you go.

If you want to go a little older, exquisite is generally accepted as the standard, I put together the 05/06 base set, which is very affordable. The other years are too, even the 03/04 base set.

Looking forward to seeing what you chase down.

It sounds like you stopped collecting NBA before Panini got the exclusive rights to all NBA cards. This sucks balls for NBA collectors like myself.

Now that doesnt mean theres less cards out there. Oh no, Panini have flooded the market with dozens of products from low end, Hoops, to high end, Flawless ($2500 a box)
you can find 20 different variations of every card they make. You like the base card but wish the text was another colour?

Dont fret! Panini probably makes it in Blue, Red, Purple, Orange, Teal, Green, Silver, Gold and Black! Plus refractors, prizms, and mosaic prizms.

Do you like all those colours but wish that the card wasnt an annoying rectangle shape?

They've thought of that too? Just buy Prestige, which come in 3 variations! Ones normal, one gloss, the other is thick! No other difference than that though.

Looking for low numbered cards? Panini have thought of that. They have versions numbered to /499, 399, 299, 199, 99, 49, 25, 10, 5 and 1, to make you feel like your card is special! But add it up, and you'll soon see theres actually over 1500 of them out there!

You come to the right place! Panini has got that player to sign over 10,000 tiny stickers and stuck them on their cards so you can feel like your idol once touch a very tiny part of that card.

Seriously, none of Paninis's products, are as good as the glory days, when their was some friendly competition between Upper Deck, Skybox, Fleer, Topps etc etc. but I do still collect them cos its all they have.

Had to laugh at this post, its pretty cynical haha... But sadly quite accurate...

Love it

Back
Top Bottom