where's the best place to get NRL boxes online?

ausjack

Who asked for a Clown!
Real Name
Jayson
Hi,

Just wondering where's the best place to get NRL boxes online on near Grafton. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you

You can always try Redtorana (wazza) from footy fun addicts, He is a sponsor on here. I can vouch that he is legitimate as ive purchased several boxes from him with hits.

Thanks very much for the advice, now just wondering if I could have some more please. I've been doing some research and found 3 places that seem ok with their prices, so I was wondering if anyone knows anything about dan's nrl collectable or footycards.com.

I have ordered stuff from cardzone before and I was very happy with them but when I was doing my research I found the others a little cheaper..like $10 a box difference so when you do bigger orders like I do it adds up quick. So any advice would be most appreciated, cheers.

Thanks very much for the advice, now just wondering if I could have some more please. I've been doing some research and found 3 places that seem ok with their prices, so I was wondering if anyone knows anything about dan's nrl collectable or footycards.com.

I have ordered stuff from cardzone before and I was very happy with them but when I was doing my research I found the others a little cheaper..like $10 a box difference so when you do bigger orders like I do it adds up quick. So any advice would be most appreciated, cheers.

I have bought from Dan's Collectibles, but not for boxes so im probably not much help. Cardzone and footy fun addicts are two reliable choices though (as the other guys said :))

So $10 cheaper for a searched box makes sense to you?
Lets call the case hit $400 divide that by 12 = $33 a box lost value....
Hey 1967Sharks, so very sorry if i offended you I didn't mean too..and I'm not being a smart ass now so again sorry if it sounds like i am but are you saying that either dan's collectables or footycards.com do something to their boxes of cards as I took your advice and didn't even worry about ebay.

So because I'm new to nrl and know stuff all about it I'm trying to do a little homework so I don't get ripped or buy fakes etc, and that's why I put down what I'd found out about the prices. I wasn't having a go at anyone just trying to get some advice on nrl as I don't know anything about these.

And again thanks to all for all your help

Welcome to the awesome yet frustrating world of NRL card collecting..

I think what Justin was getting at is most of the time cheaper boxes are from searched cases. These are where the seller has opened boxes (from a sealed case) until they got the case hit - the ONE expensive card in the whole case.. They then sell they remaining boxes cheaper as the buyer assumes they have a CHANCE at a case hit.. And they obviously don't.. So in these situations.. Sometimes paying more is better.. People are less likely to admit that they are trying to rip you off........ Yet they will..

Redtorana would be my advice..

Select could be doing more to try and stamp this out. Make redemptions 1:7 Boxes so chances are there are 2 per case but its a bit of a gamble to keep busting.
Even 1:6 would help as the dealers would in theory have to go through more boxes to pull the 2 out.
But as long as Select get paid they couldnt care less about the collectors.
I am not really blaming sellers as there is no money in selling boxes unsearched and most people are just looking for a box at the cheapest price possible.

BTW I dont see how i could get offended, I was only trying to help. :thumbsup:

She's all good 1967Sharks..just didn't want to offend anyone being new here. And that's what I thought you meant but wasn't quite sure. So again to all thank you so very much as it all helps and gives food for thought and warns of pitfalls and traps.

Now about what you've been saying about buying cases..that's why I've been buying my cards in boxes as yugioh has been the main one Ive been collecting and I know that they (yugioh card makers) put 1 what they call secret rare in a box so it stops a lot of this searching..makes it harder but they still do it to single packs as the special cards are heavier and they have good scales that pick this up.

I first found out about this when I was getting cards for the news agent and they were meant to be sealed boxes but after buying a box and there wasn't a secret I done some searching and found that out..so you have to be careful and any advice is always greatly appreciated by me thanks again people

We have all 12 boxes from a 2011 Strike Case listed on Ebay now and ending on Monday night. 1 in 12 chance at a Signature Redemption.

Please don't take this the wrong way but how can a prospective buyer be sure all 12 boxes up for auction are from the same case?

Please don't take this the wrong way but how can a prospective buyer be sure all 12 boxes up for auction are from the same case?

Hi Dan,

The only way I can prove it is once the feedback comes in and the redemptions have been found. I am a registered select dealer and would not jeopardise my business by advertising this and not following through and the feedback will prove they are there. I am planning on making this a regular thing with different series each time.

Cheers Glenn

Can anyone confirm/deny that both dan's nrl collectable and/or footycards.com search cases, $10 cheaper per box is not a great deal cheaper and considering the known reputation that Cardzone have it would be hard to compete with them, without having a little bit lower prices.

Not saying they dont search cases, or that they do, just interested to see if anyone actually knows? I have bought from footycards.com before, but only cases so I wouldn't know if they searched or not.

Hi Dan,

The only way I can prove it is once the feedback comes in and the redemptions have been found. I am a registered select dealer and would not jeopardise my business by advertising this and not following through and the feedback will prove they are there. I am planning on making this a regular thing with different series each time.

Cheers Glenn

G'day Glenn, To put all the sceptics minds at ease just list the serial No on the NRL sticker on the boxes they will be 12 consecutive Nos
Regards George

G'day Glenn, To put all the sceptics minds at ease just list the serial No on the NRL sticker on the boxes they will be 12 consecutive Nos
Regards George

Hi George,

Wow I have opend 100's of boxes and didnt even realise there was serial numbers.

The serial numbers are 1634340 to 1634351. In future I will list the serial numbers in each listing.

Thanks for that bit of info George, much appreciated.

Cheers Glenn

Sounds good george that will shut everyone up ! As for dealers (not all because there are Dealers out there and on here that are great and honest) searching the boxes ? I say true not mentioning WHO ???
Ive bought a full unopened case of NRL2000 FROM a SELECT dealer and guess what 10 of the 12 boxes where numbered in order and the remaining 2 where totally different again will not buy from him again he is a rort i've spent alot of money with him and he will do anything to sell to you !!
If i mention who it is ill probably be summond me to court then ill really put him out of business only 1 person knows who this creap is !
And i hope that all buyers out there can understand what im saying, those customers of mine out there from ebay and on here and fairs at parramatta and with sonny i am a collector not a dealer i buy for myself and if i can help anybody else i will and sell them my extra cards ive got from trades so once again be careful there is a creap out there !
Cheers
Dk Dan
Regards George

Back
Top Bottom