Where is everyone?

@Billyhoyle cheers mate, went to Bunnings thinking I should buy 2 but bought 1 case just to see how they go. Got 200 exactly in there in one touches! ! Really good fit. Will buy 1 more in the morning to get all my PC in. Will need another almost immediately but so much better to store. Standing the case upright is fine as well due to being pretty much exact one touch height. Superb mate you saved me buying about 20 Flawless empty briefcases!! :)
2015-05-08 20.07.14.png

20150508_194945.jpg

20150508_194945.jpg

Be like this dude.... Holding nothing much but happy as sh!t.
He is the definition of collecting and sharing.
Doesn't matter just enjoy and be a part of the community ;)
DSCN1116.jpg

His unwarranted joy makes me smile
Ive had old friends who use to collect when they were young go out and buy a few packs. They pull nothing but base and are happy with it as they pulled one of their favourite players. They came on here get told what they have is crap and then lose total interest

@Billyhoyle cheers mate, went to Bunnings thinking I should buy 2 but bought 1 case just to see how they go. Got 200 exactly in there in one touches! ! Really good fit. Will buy 1 more in the morning to get all my PC in. Will need another almost immediately but so much better to store. Standing the case upright is fine as well due to being pretty much exact one touch height. Superb mate you saved me buying about 20 Flawless empty briefcases!! :)
2015-05-08 20.07.14.png
How good are they. Ive dropped mine couple of times and no damage. Love it

Yeah that sucks, for example I am starting a James Ennis PC low end crap player for most of the folks on here but I like him and am happy to grab his cards so who cares, I got 3 autos last night for $25 all up and am as happy as the guy in the pic above holding thousands worth! In fact the postage cost more than the cards LOL. Collecting (pc at least) is personal choice. If someone shares it with us it's because it means something to them and for that they should be embraced not slammed. I don't think I have seen anyone on here get bagged for their collection or mailday but if it happens that really stinks. If you don't like it, don't comment. Simple! Could explain why people have dropped off although I do believe overall this forum is more of a community than others around the world. 9/10 are great people on here.

How good are they. Ive dropped mine couple of times and no damage. Love it

Yeah man, it takes up little room as well which is a winner too! I wouldn't want to be carrying it around by the handle too much though. Pretty heavy and the handle is not the sturdiest. But awesome for the puropse of safe storage. Lockable too which is great! $29.90 well spent IMO ;)

Yeah man, it takes up little room as well which is a winner too! I wouldn't want to be carrying it around by the handle too much though. Pretty heavy and the handle is not the sturdiest. But awesome for the puropse of safe storage. Lockable too which is great! $29.90 well spent IMO ;)
Did you have to turn the black bits around on the inside for it to close? Im lucky I get them a little cheaper having a trade account at bunnings

[QUOTE="mattharper85, post: 1576631, member: 711did you have to turn the black bits around on the inside for it to close? Im lucky I get them a little cheaper having a trade account at bunnings[/QUOTE]
Yeap spun those tabs around 180 degrees and all good. That's cool you got them even cheaper!!! But considering I was looking at flawless cases at $20 plus shipping each and would have needed loads of them I am stoked.
Going to Bunnings again in a bit.

How are you guys keeping the cards upright if you don't have a full row?
Mine are full to the brim. But the case has the dividers which you can shuffle or completely remove so you could create a barrier as such to stop them falling if need be. Funny, it's as if they had cards in mind as a secondary purpose! Just lucky for us I spose :) Actually my second case may not quite be as full so once i get it filled up i will upload a pic should i need the divider so i can show you what i mean.

If someone asks what something is worth though and you say cents because it is then you can't help if they're disappointed because they were hoping for something of more value because they wanted to resell. If you say it's worth cents and they say "ah well don't care I like them" then good on them! It's not always about the $$ is it! Someone will always like base sets and insert sets and may have the money to but not want to chase the diamond flawless set or autos!

Someone will always have a negative comment on what you collect and may not have a filter while typing on the internet lol - for every negative comment on here there's 10 positives though it's great

If someone asks what something is worth though and you say cents because it is then you can't help if they're disappointed because they were hoping for something of more value because they wanted to resell. If you say it's worth cents and they say "ah well don't care I like them" then good on them! It's not always about the $$ is it! Someone will always like base sets and insert sets and may have the money to but not want to chase the diamond flawless set or autos!

Someone will always have a negative comment on what you collect and may not have a filter while typing on the internet lol - for every negative comment on here there's 10 positives though it's great

Fully agree. If someone asks the question that's a fair statement. I assume that what Matty is saying is that some people he knows got slammed just for the sake of it (? ) I can't think of any current members who would do that but hey it's an open forum and you will always get keyboard warriors.
I am a serial smart ass and like having a laugh, I live for typos, never anything personal unless it's particularly warranted. If I see a typo and I get a chuckle out of it, I will point it out for fun sake nothing more. That is banter, being a flat out tosser is not cool.

im sick of people wanting offers on their cards. I say make it compulsory to have your cards priced! My biggest gripe on this site and why I'm using Blowout more to buy cards :(

I'm fine with it, usually makes me not want to offer on them but if I want it, I'll research, offer, and just say yes or it's more than I wanted to pay.

I'm fine with it, usually makes me not want to offer on them but if I want it, I'll research, offer, and just say yes or it's more than I wanted to pay.
The problem is you do your research offer a reasonable price and then they want more $$$. Hence state your price in the first place as you know how much you want

Yeah they obviously don't really care about selling it if there's no effort into looking into what previous ones have sold for, how can they know if they are getting a fair price.

That's why I don't stress about any knock backs, I'm fair and above.

my quick google of it now, seems that there is but not an easy way particularly - have to download from livestream and then reupload to youtube

Depending on what G uses and his HDD space, he can set to download to his HDD and auto-upload.

I was planning to do this, as all my breaks since I started are copied to my HDD also. (I have several large HDD's though) I could upload them to Youtube. Would take time, but its doable.

Ok, my 2 cents... on my 2600th post!

I used to be on these forums 24/7 scouring the buy/sell/trade for anything that caught my eye, and I mean anything!
Loved it. Every Second of it!

I have only had good deals with the people on this forum and I've found most to be very genuine and kind people. Except @kiwi_in_melb who hoards all the good cards and won't sell !!! :p

Things that have taken me away from the boards;
- Starting and running West Oz Cards takes up a monumental amount of time behind the scenes. I don't think a lot of people realize that apart from the live shows for a few hours, that after all the fun has been had and the lights go down... breakers still have to sort, pack and send those cards out. This can literally take days in between everything else you have to do like, arrange purchasing from distributors, track and pick up shipments, list products and breaks on the website etc. All this time really takes away a lot of the enjoyment of coming to these pages and sharing the enjoyment of the hobby with others.
I work 12 hours a day, so the available time I have to see everything is minimal.. heck I only just found this thread today! A great idea would of been to tag all members in the initial thread like you do with the member competitions.

- Facebook.
This is hands down, the BIGGEST OZCT killer. The instant gratification that you get on facebook trading pages is amazing. You can post a picture of your latest acquisitions and with a few hours, you may get 200 people view it and 10-50 odd responses including offers for trade/sell etc.
Add that to the diversity of pages, ie; auction page, raffle page for cards, raffle page for boxes/memorabilia/breaks etc.. there is just so much action on there, and its lightning fast, cards move super quick. Already just over 4 months old and we have nearly hit 500 completed raffles. It's a juggernaut that I don't see stopping any time soon.

My ideas for how to bring people back to OZCT...
1- Have a raffle section. I wouldn't bother with an auction section, but people go mad for raffles.

2- overhaul of the buy/sell/trade section. - a few issues I find;
  • Incorrect/misleading thread titles to entice you to look, but really not accurate with what they're advertising. ie "HIGH END" then look in there to find sub $20 cards.
    • To improve this, possibly enforce tags for the thread posts that are identified by the seller and to expand on the general search function; integrate a search function at the side like feebay, where you can tick box for certain keywords that have been identified by the seller as being in their sale thread. eg; Exquisite, Jordan auto, Gold Standard, RPA etc
  • NO PRICES!!! This is a pet hate of mine. As was mentioned by Josh, I will not bother 90% of the time to ask someone what they want for a card. Unless I really want it.
    • To improve this, mandatory sale or trade value. SV$ OR/and TV$ for all cards listed.
  • All fs/ft mixed in together for me turns me off looking through every post. I'm just picky I guess because I don't have a lot of time, but I would envision something like separate sections for 90's, 00's and 10's . not sure how much this would benefit others, but I would enjoy using it a bit more streamlined.
  • Use a rolling banner advertisement. Not sure what they really call it.. but you know how at the bottom of some ebay stores they have that rolling banner advertising other cards thta the seller has.. that could be used here, where for a small fee? $0.10c someone could list a card in it to be rotated in the banner... OR someone could subscribe to the service and when they create a sale thread, they could nominate 1 or 2 cards to be shown directly from their thread in the banner and clicking on it links the clicker to their thread?
Well I guess thats all from me for now.
Have a good weekend.

Interestingly enough I was in my local Target store today and I found these hanging in the toy section. Now our local Target store does sell Select Champions AFL cards but they are all up at the counter, these were hanging in the toy section amongst other totally unrelated items. Its great to know next time I'm a 10 pack of sheets short I can rock up to Target and stock up but I can't imagine the average joe is going to go looking there for them, especially not where they are. I thought it would have made way more sense to have them where the actual cards were but maybe thats just me.

I also found these at my local big w along with the single card sleeves (pack of 100). Think they where their more for the other cards tho, but one can hope that one day the shops will stock again, have found the local newsagents have started stocking nba cards again

I also found these at my local big w along with the single card sleeves (pack of 100). Think they where their more for the other cards tho, but one can hope that one day the shops will stock again, have found the local newsagents have started stocking nba cards again

The weird part about the stuff in Target is they ONLY have the Select Champion Footy cards which are located at the checkout counters and the Ultra Pro 9 Pocket Pages were in the toy section at the opposite end of the store mixed amongst completely unrelated items, no cards of any sort in sight. They'd probably do better if the Ultra Pro 9 Pocket Pages were at the the counter with the Footy Cards.

I might have to swing past the local Big W and see if they have anything kicking about.

One of my local newsagents have some left over packs of 2011-12 NBA Hoops selling at $4 a pack but I think they are actually left over from when they were current, they don't have any other NBA cards, just the usual current lines of Footy \ NRL \ Cricket \ Soccer cards

Another different new agents also has the above mentioned Footy \ NRL \ Cricket \ Soccer cards and has had some of the 2015 Panini NBA cards (the ones with the Adrenalyn XL cards) but every time I go in there they are sold out and when I ask the people at the counter, they don't even realise they had them in the first place, even the owner didn't know. I've asked several times if they are getting more stock, but I usually draw blank looks and confused answers, I know they've had at least 2 boxes that I managed to score a few packs that were left, they seem to sell quick enough but no one seems to be on top of getting more stock.

Definitely would be nice to see more stock of cards available over the counter again, be it newsagents or Big W \ Target etc.

Back
Top Bottom