Where is everyone?

in would always post maildays and cards for sale and daily leave comments hear. but after one or 2 members leaving harsh comments i decided not to post alot anymore ......

I miss your patch maildays Kris. Start posting then up again.

I have been a bit quiet on here as well, reasons being:

1) Select Australia have pumped out the same crap year after year, this is coming from a 2-3 box buyer per season of 'Series 2'. I now pick up the cards I want, and still have $ in my pocket. Please listen to us Select Australia, you clearly don't. Cards in 1994 were more innovative than 2014.

2) High USD > AUD conversion. There's only so much you can take when the dollar takes a hit. It has a positive side of the coin too... as a lot of our collections are now valued 20% higher than they were 12-16 months ago. I just pull back on the buying in this period. It doesn't look like we're going to get back to where we were though.

3) White Panini Cards, yep ... white! I think of Panini and I think of the same stuff. Yes we have prizm, yes we have crusade but the higher end stuff is what should have differentiation. We dont have that between imac, flawless, NT. Show 3 of these cards to someone who doesn't collect cardboard and they wouldn't know the difference. Panini do some nice things, but don't shoot yourself in the foot with the same designs 3 fold over.

4) COMC! $0.50 usd per card arriving to now ... $2.00 USD ( or close enough to $3 aud per card) .. I get it businesses need to evolve and run at a profit, but that golden goose has been shot. The glory years of buying 2-3 cards per day on ebay and sending them to COMC are over. That spurred my interest no end, I was buying a lot of low end stuff, adding tonnes to the watch list, checking my email every day for the next arrival to COMC, waiting for them to be processed and being involved in the industry. Now, I see COMC as a great place to send higher end cards I can find on ebay and only have to pay $2 to receive a card I once wasn't able to attain. So, it's a positive but COMC now has to be used/seen in a different light.

5) Other interests happen! It's always cyclical in the cardboard world, I always check in and enjoy sharing what we all love on here. I think new releases, possibly having UD NBA licence back in the game and new innovation from companies would capture some lost attention.

Is being sneaky and putting the ozcardtrader logo as an additional "picture" on eBay listings or even in the body text of eBay description an option for getting the name out there and attracting new members?

I do buy a few cards off aussie sellers on eBay (when they are available) and I usually just check if they are a member here first. Its surprising how many card collectors aren't even aware of the site, so sneaking the logo, which obviously has the web address in it, onto eBay listings might be one way to get the name out there a bit more.

Is being sneaky and putting the ozcardtrader logo as an additional "picture" on eBay listings or even in the body text of eBay description an option for getting the name out there and attracting new members?

I do buy a few cards off aussie sellers on eBay (when they are available) and I usually just check if they are a member here first. Its surprising how many card collectors aren't even aware of the site, so sneaking the logo, which obviously has the web address in it, onto eBay listings might be one way to get the name out there a bit more.

Good idea. I doubt you'd get away with it though. But...... Ozcards could maybe become a not for profit consigner like probstein and PWCC and that would surely help. It would also most likely bring some degenerates along with it. But a good idea to think about all the same.

What we really need is more cardstores or even a shop that stocks cards (like Big W) that could also help.

Imagine that, even if it was just prizm, select, certified etc. Get the kids collecting.

I just emailed Target and KMart and gave them a nice long detailed suggestion :)

Thumbs down goes to BigW who had no email feedback form, instead urge you to call the customer service team or write to them via snail mail!! lol

Anyway - I urge others to do the same when they have a few spare minutes, it might make a difference down the line!

Be like this dude.... Holding nothing much but happy as sh!t.
He is the definition of collecting and sharing.
Doesn't matter just enjoy and be a part of the community ;)
DSCN1116.jpg

His unwarranted joy makes me smile

Yeah sorry I should have made the sarcasm more obvious. My point was he is so stoked with what he has he shared it with everyone. That is the joy of collecting and why we all love it.
There is someone asking $3k for the Kyrie alone on the bay atm! I bet old mate above will have an even bigger grin now!

Last edited:
Has anyone used these Flawless briefcases for storing one touches in? I'm thinking about trying to get some empty cases to store my cards in and wonder if it's worthwhile? Any info would be appreciated or if anyone knows how many will fit in there etc. Cheers

Has anyone used these Flawless briefcases for storing one touches in? I'm thinking about trying to get some empty cases to store my cards in and wonder if it's worthwhile? Any info would be appreciated or if anyone knows how many will fit in there etc. Cheers
There is really good ones from bunnings. I'll see if I can find the thread for you.

I just emailed Target and KMart and gave them a nice long detailed suggestion :)

Thumbs down goes to BigW who had no email feedback form, instead urge you to call the customer service team or write to them via snail mail!! lol

Anyway - I urge others to do the same when they have a few spare minutes, it might make a difference down the line!

Interestingly enough I was in my local Target store today and I found these hanging in the toy section. Now our local Target store does sell Select Champions AFL cards but they are all up at the counter, these were hanging in the toy section amongst other totally unrelated items. Its great to know next time I'm a 10 pack of sheets short I can rock up to Target and stock up but I can't imagine the average joe is going to go looking there for them, especially not where they are. I thought it would have made way more sense to have them where the actual cards were but maybe thats just me.

Back
Top Bottom