When trading cards go a little bit too far...

Dangerskillz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Stephan
Feel free to disagree with me on this guys but...

Is this going a bit too far? I'm talking in regards to this type of trading card..I know i've seen Bikini swatch cards and 'kiss' cards from Benchwarmers but this is a whole different level in my opinion..

2010 BENCHWARMER SIGNATURE HAIR CUT:KATIE LOHMANN 13/15 (eBay item 370477735585 end time 30-Mar-11 14:31:17 AEDST) : Collectables

Perhaps you can collect the whole set and you could have enough DNA to clone your very own Playmate :lol:

what cards do you guy see as being over the top?

I see nothing wrong with this. It is a legit low-numbered auto card with hair not HAIRS in it. Benchwarmer's cards are supposed to be like this. As a hockey collector, I have jersey cards, patchs cards, plates cards, boards cards, there is also skates cards, pads cards, helmets cards, sticks cards ect.

The Benchwarmer's girls don't have as much gear to put in cards, so they put hair, bikini, g-strings (hope they're wash first :lol:)

I see nothing wrong with this. It is a legit low-numbered auto card with hair not HAIRS in it. Benchwarmer's cards are supposed to be like this. As a hockey collector, I have jersey cards, patchs cards, plates cards, boards cards, there is also skates cards, pads cards, helmets cards, sticks cards ect.

The Benchwarmer's girls don't have as much gear to put in cards, so they put hair, bikini, g-strings (hope they're wash first :lol:)

Maybe that will be the next Benchwamer product.

It's understandable of course and think it's cool that the collectors want to be as close as possible but it just amazes me really how far cards have come..
It's more then one strand of hair so wouldnt that be HAIRS?
I doubt very much they wash those Bikini and G-Strings :lol:

---------- Post added 27-03-2011 at 10:46 PM ----------

Maybe that will be the next Benchwamer product.
Man thats wrong haha

It's understandable of course and think it's cool that the collectors want to be as close as possible but it just amazes me really how far cards have come..
It's more then one strand of hair so wouldnt that be HAIRS?
I doubt very much they wash those Bikini and G-Strings :lol:

Okay maybe some words doesn't have the same meaning in Canada than in Australia.

Hair = What you have in the head usually cut in a haircut salon
Hairs = Like the hair but it grows everywhere else in the body like pubic hairs, legs hairs ect

Okay maybe some words doesn't have the same meaning in Canada than in Australia.

Hair = What you have in the head usually cut in a haircut salon
Hairs = Like the hair but it grows everywhere else in the body like pubic hairs, legs hairs ect

I think it could be either way really. A card contaning the hair that got cut and either the hairs that were cut..haha such an odd argument

Im sure i could be wrong..its not a big deal though :)

I really don't get it. Why would you pay hundreds of dollars for a lock of hair from somebody whose only claim to fame is they happen to be good looking? The description in the eBay item made me laugh - great advice mum, turn down the respectable Disney job and instead become a model, pose for naked photos and have a career as a (presumably unqualified) massage therapist. The better education doesn't appear to have paid off, at least Disney would have provided singing and dancing lessons.

I really don't get it. Why would you pay hundreds of dollars for a lock of hair from somebody whose only claim to fame is they happen to be good looking? The description in the eBay item made me laugh - great advice mum, turn down the respectable Disney job and instead become a model, pose for naked photos and have a career as a (presumably unqualified) massage therapist. The better education doesn't appear to have paid off, at least Disney would have provided singing and dancing lessons.
ahaha nice rant Jen. Massage theaurapist is usually another word for a certain age old occupation..

as much as i hate fame and celebrity, and as much as the idea makes me laugh that cards like this actually exist, i cant help but see parallells to our own hobby.
yes, sports stars seemingly 'do' more, but really both groups are as unnecassary as each other, and are nothing more than entertainers. and there are plenty of celebrity collectors out there (even more than sports memorabilia collectors maybe?)
not that it stops me from collecting REAL cards like basketball ;)
P.S. so as there is no confusion i really do think this card is stooooopid.

Perhaps you could clone one of them..... mmwahahahaha :D

I really don't get it. Why would you pay hundreds of dollars for a lock of hair from somebody whose only claim to fame is they happen to be good looking?

That Buffy Tyler is awful looking, I wouldn't pay a cent to meet her hair in person :p

ahaha nice rant Jen. Massage theaurapist is usually another word for a certain age old occupation..

That's why I said 'presumably unqualified'. I wouldn't buy hair cards from athletes etc either but at least those people have some special talent that they have developed through hard work. Costume cards from movies make a lot more sense because the costume (or whatever) is part of the movie and the same goes for sports uniforms.

Wasn't there cards with Lincolns hair in it? And George Washingtons hair in it?
08 UD History ABRAHAM LINCOLN Piece of Hair - #d/2 (eBay item 290424656264 end time 08-Apr-11 22:49:11 AEST) : Sports Mem, Cards Fan Shop
i think you sir are right...
it's even weird for Lincoln still..

---------- Post added 28-03-2011 at 05:24 PM ----------

lets combine the strands of the DNA from Lincoln and the Bimbo! we might get some horribly twisted mutant president with a big rack :)

I know arthy23 on here was watching a Justin Beiber hair card pretty closely :lol:not sure what it ended up selling for.

I dunno if these cards are point less put i could see the appeal of them if they used some one with iconic hair for example dennis rodmans many different coloured hairs during the nba years or some of wilt chamberlins fro or maybe even some of james hardens beard.

But some unkown bimbos bleached blonde hair not for me in terms of trading cards but can see the appeal for collectors of these cards

Back
Top Bottom