What will be the most valuable Rugby League Card

Hi NRL fan,
Usually the owner isn't available, I didn't think of that. This is a first I've heard about the Raper card, but its outside of its normal 'card set', I usually try & get the full series as this card didn't belong to one, it was a fan club, an exclusive offer than wasn't available from the packets (from my understanding so far). I personally wouldn't go head over heels for a card that didn't belong to a series, eg. I'll have a folder/s for each series, I wouldn't know which folder/set to classify this card in.

Here's a question about the Dynamic club though, when did the club idea come into place (year).... and how did Dynamic promote it?

I'm not asking the question to be a smart-ass, I'm generally interested, as I wouldn't want to purchase a card like this without other material/information that could prove its legit so it'll make it easier to find another seller. No point in owning something I know nothing about.

Maybe down the track I might go for the card, but there's others I'll rather go for to complete my incomplete series first. You guys have convinced me, the Raper card isn't a fake. But personally, I would disagree this card being more valuable than say another Dynamic redemption card sets that exist that were available purchasing the packets rather than a method that excluded the common folk. I would rather pay more for the 1994 Kangaroos x6 signed redemption set (as the general public had a chance to get it) than the Raper, that's just my thoughts on it.

Yeah but that would be 6 signature cards vs 1 so its not a great comparison - but i know what your saying.

The Dynamic card club was first introduced in 1994. It was advertised on one of those paper promo cards they put in packets. Picture attached.

Can confirm the picture below is my own and i did seek permission from myself to use it.:lol:

Promo Sheet.JPG

Come on NRL Fan, stop busting my balls. I got this forum fired up didn't I? ;) Hey, I went to the link you provided, I saw part of the 1994 series 1 set is.... NNO.Dynamic Card Club anyone know how I can get a picture of this? I might already have it in my collection but obviously probably forgot I had as my collection is all boxed up & pulling it out is gonna be a pain. Might have to learn to use my scanner so I can retrieve
information faster.

yeah I remember those paper thingy inside the packets, I was told I brought entire set of them from eBay, obviously I didn't get the 'club card' slip... wow, I don't think I've got the series 2 update either.

Hey Owen , I am just stirring you up my friend. I do know the owner and he is more than happy for you to show off his ultra rare signature card. Personally I think this Raper signature card is by far one of the hardest cards to find and almost impossible to buy. The Kmart card is also ultra hard to find and is still very pricey. Collectors just do not let these gems go and if they do you better have the big part of your life savings ready haha.

Here you go. The Raper card was a give away through the magazine/Dynamic card club. They were give out from 1994-early 1996. There is a picture of the "Congratulations you won" letter in Dan's NRL card bible but here is the card and COA.
Raper2.JPG
Hey Owen, That card and letter in Dans Bible is mine Numbered 56 and Letter is Dated from 1994 champ !
And also the Certificate is a older version then the 1996 versions !

Have come across a few PNG Winfield Cards from around 1994-1995 ? They appear to reference Australian League players but I cannot find any history of sales on ebay. I notice this thread on ozcardtrader. Does anyone know anything of them - are they rare - are they legit ? Thanks

Have come across a few PNG Winfield Cards from around 1994-1995 ? They appear to reference Australian League players but I cannot find any history of sales on ebay. I notice this thread on ozcardtrader. Does anyone know anything of them - are they rare - are they legit ? Thanks

Any bulldogs?

Hey guys just thought I'd throw a pic up of one of the last Dynamic/Intrpid card club mags I got back in 1996 and yes I did join the club back in 1994 and I was lucky enough win one of the Raper cards No 12 and I consider it a part of my 1994 set (my opinion) I have all the club mags from the first up until they went bust I hope the pic turned out not very good at this.

cheers Phil

Attachments

• IMG (7).pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 316
Back
Top Bottom