What to do with a big mojo card pull????

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
The pull of the Jordan auto has me thinking....What would the majority of members here do with such a card??

Firstly all of us would do our best Ashlee Simpson jig in the loungroom of course and scan it before Carlos calls us a liar! LOL jk matey :D

Then its a choice. Keep it or sell???? Sell now?? Sell later???

I'd personally sell it to fund my 'real' card wish list. I've done that this week selling stuff to go after a want of mine.

That card for a collector of a semi star player would fund your eBay habbit for a fair while while the guys with bigger players could get some real nice high end stuff.

I'd buy a card I normally couldn't afford rather than buying 50 cards I could get easier over time. Make big money spend big money.

Whats your poison???

I'd ask my brother to take a photo of me holding it so Carlos won't call me a fake! :lol:

Depends who it was chad.. if it's a Jordan/Bron low numbered auto, I'll keep it as it will only rise in value.. It will be an awesome centerpiece for my PC.

If it was something like JJ's pull... a 1/1 of a player who a lot of people collect, then I'll look immediately for a good buyer and flip it..

If it was a 1/1 Jordan/LeBron auto GU, I'd probly crease it out of major excitement.

vladlevinsky said:
A Jordan I would keep, any other huge pull I would sell to fund another purchase.

I agree with Vlad. If it is the Best player ever or a player I collect, I'd keep it, at least for a while so I could boast about it :D

i think that i would sell it pretty much straight away, if i know myself i would be thinking of the great cards i could afford when i sold it, :lol: :lol:

id sell it

id also give up breaking boxes, coz anything less then that would be dull...

id then fund my drob habit, get a few mega expensive ones...oh wait ive already done that, without the funding!

Any of the SUPERSTARS of the nba i would definatly keep. :D .just remember that if its book value that your interested in then that same card will probably increase every year you own it...as for semi stars..i would sell it...i sorta have a general rule..if it books over $150...im keepin it. I would love to look back at my collection in years to come (if im still collecting) and see the progression of my collection...for me thats a great part of the hobby :D

I think I would sell it. Get some $$$ and start breaking more boxes, trying to get another card like that, sell it, and the cycle continues

Dont think I would hold on to it for LONG, but I would hold on to it. It's a card that most definately is not going to go cheaply.

I couldnt trade it, as it's WAY too much to trade, unless I got the cards first, which most people tend to send the same time.

As for being a player collector, I think it would be really wise to flip for funds..... why not! I could get 3-4 Chuck Autos for what that would sell close to!!!

Sure MJs are next to priceless (some), but they will never increase in value, I cant see this happening. Only newer cards coming out will have a higher value.

yeh I agree with Mavs..if i was going to get rid of it i wouldnt trade it!....money talks.....Bullshit runs the marathon !! and the risk of someone ripping you off is too big :?

:p......I'm still drooling! :shock:

I don't think I could ever bring myself to part with a card like that!

Thats one of those DREAM cards that make a collection!

But I could understand people selling it......I mean the $$$ tempting :D

If i was a young bloke ,It's a keeper for sure.It's Like a little investment .Get in a very safe place & forget about it for about 20 years.What do you think it would get on E-bay,anybody?

Read this thread 1st, and probably would've have said keep it.

But after reading the break, and looking at the card, knowing you would get over $1000US for it, that would be very tempting.

Personally, I'd generally keep it, but there may be a few cards I'd flip.

Sell Sell Sell!!

At the end of the day, there are far better investment opportunities than trading cards.

The only exceptions:

1) You are LOADED and couldn't give a shit (aka thumbboy)

or

2) You absolutely love the card and couldn't dream of ever letting it go.

jimmy jackson said:
Sell Sell Sell!!

Well put from the guy with 'exquisite' MOJO!

I'd buy beanie bears or ALF pogs. They WILL be back and when they do I'll be rich I's tell ya!

Back
Top Bottom