What is a good set to collect? Looking to go new one

Croz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Matt
eBay User
Mattcroz
Hey guys/girls,

I'm thinking about going a set which is collectable, doesn't cost much to buy and holds its value. I bough a Star Wars legacy box on eBay at good rate. (Taking a chance on this one )I'm currently working on my stars wars CCG (old sets) and my NRL cronulla cards. Any suggestions?

Guardians of the Galaxy has been pretty popular but is probably a little higher in the box price at around $100 at DA. Walking Dead has been, put I think the influx of product from releasing two Season 3 sets may have killed this a bit. Women of Marvel 2 seems to have held it's value pretty well also.

Yeah saw them $139 plus for guardians of Galaxy. While I'm not big fan on walking dead. Might have a think and see what else is out there

Depends a lot on the type of cards you want to collect. If you are into sketch cards, then I would recommend any of the Rittenhouse Marvel sets. If you are into autographs and / or costumes, find a television show you like that is probably going to have a few more seasons such as Game of Thrones or one of the science fiction shows

Definitely go for the topic that interests you the most. For me, this is Marvel, so I wouldn't buy a Walking Dead set just because it may be a good card release.

If you want to take a "risk" because they haven't come out yet so can't be sure if they will hold there value. You could try Arrow season 1 and/or Pacific Rim.

Arrow has completed a second season in the US and has been renewed for a third. A sequel to Pacific Rim has been announced with a release in 2017 so there is a good chance they will hold their value compared to TV shows that last 1 season. Also if you get them on release and the price goes up like Guardians then it will feel like a win.

In saying that I agree with Andy28 and go with a topic that interests you that way if it doesn't hold it's value it's for you not someone else.

I think a Pacific Rim release may have been cancelled? I'm personally really looking forward to Arrow!

Correct - Pacific Rim got canned...can only figure they couldn't get the signers if it's going to be a franchise...

Hard to pick a set that will hold value and be collectible but not break the bank as a lot of the non-sport stuff sets are pretty easy to finish base wise, but can get very pricey if you're after the Auto's etc as well. Game of Thrones has heaps of reasonable priced autos, but a few are big money. The Marvel movie sets are fun, but often miss a few of the bigger stars in the auto's - GotG and Thor DW maybe being exceptions, but still expensive to finish...

Might be easier doing what a lot of us have, and that's concentrate on a character or two...can be fun chasing the different parallels, sketches etc

Well I got an average hit with the Stars wars legacy box. Two film

Was that all....must admit I'm pretty suss on buying boxes off ebay these days....I'm sure some of them are the leftovers from people going through cases until they pull the big hit.

Yeah I got the two films, and got the two circle complete parts. Several blue, 2 blue and 5 pink and 1 green . I wasn't too impressed. I might try and go to newscastle card show to see what on sale

Certainly looks interesting. Do you really need a binder if it is 9 cards or are they anticipating a full release after?
Or maybe they had the binders made initially and they are looking for ways to get rid of them.

Certainly looks interesting. Do you really need a binder if it is 9 cards or are they anticipating a full release after?
Or maybe they had the binders made initially and they are looking for ways to get rid of them.

My guess is that they had a bunch of binders made before they pulled the release on the set. I think if that was the case, why not print the base set as well and add it with the folder also? A release of a folder, full base set, the autos and wardrobes could be very popular.

Hi Croz
I'm currently working on my stars wars CCG (old sets)

I have about 3-4 hundred of the first release of these cards, if you would like to
send a list I will see what I can find, maybe we can work out a deal..

Hi Croz
I'm currently working on my stars wars CCG (old sets)

I have about 3-4 hundred of the first release of these cards, if you would like to
send a list I will see what I can find, maybe we can work out a deal..
Hey mate sorry didn't see you message . I'll see what we can do

Back
Top Bottom