What happens to forum members who rip other members off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimately...as mentioned by some members nothing is bulletproof.
Short of meeting the person face to face with a card/cash swap.

There are always going to be dodgy people in the hobby.
You just have to follow the rules set out by this site and do a background check on who your dealing with.
Feedback...here/ebay/other sites.
If its a larger amount get there home number and give them a call.
Im sure if they have nothing to hide they will understand...(i know i wouldnt have any problems with this on larger amounts)

I haven't made any high end trades as yet but I do like the idea of a middle man for large trades. But in my opinion it can not be just another person in the hobby. What's to stop the middleman from receiving the money and the cards and then disappearing?
I agree with Matt, if it is viable it has to be a business that it is operated out of. Someone like one of the awesome card shop owners that have reputations to maintain and insurance? to cover. There has to be a fee for the work and the responsability.

for this too work the middle man could only be matt chad billy or graham. and they have lives of their own and other things to deal with. so i really dont see it taking off.

Chad? Don't know if you noticed but he hasn't been on here for a long time.

I've been involved in some trades where I've acted as the middle man on high end trades. But it is pretty intensive as you scan the cards fir the other party to confirm what you've received is what they've paid for, they send the money to the seller and then the cards get shipped out in a registered parcel which was sent and paid for by the seller in the original package.

For it to work you need people who are known and respected in the industry (doubt youll get much business if you just start something up and say "hey ill handle your high end trades"

And you can't force people to use it if you did. And you need insurance if the package goes missing to the middle man or to the buyer. And you cant do it properly for no cost. And the list goes on ....

i think we are all working on a bit of a "knee jerk reaction syndrome" here, so many deals have been done and how many have been dodgy? very few...for a community based trust system, this works exceptionally well, no matter what you do or where you go in life there will always be someone else there to rip another off...its life and it sucks i know and i really do feel for the guys that have been ripped off, basically its not fair!
A third party system sounds good but wouldnt really work, becasue ultimatley the 3rd party would be used as the "scapegoat" if anything went wrong and in 98% of cases that would be unfair...
If you are doing a large deal that you feel a bit uneasy about....dont do it or ask for some sort of measure to be put in place like a contact number/details and INSURED/REGISTERED POSTAGE! AND NO PAYPAL GIFTS!!!!
all we can do as abide by the site rules, be the best, honest person we can be and remember that karma is a ***** and what goes around comes around!!!
unfortunately people like steve come around every so often and are a huge disappointment, great guy and i had no probs with him, but leading up to the scam things did look a little dodgy with him (selling off all his pmg greens to me ant others!)

i think we are all working on a bit of a "knee jerk reaction syndrome" here, so many deals have been done and how many have been dodgy? very few...for a community based trust system, this works exceptionally well, no matter what you do or where you go in life there will always be someone else there to rip another off...its life and it sucks i know and i really do feel for the guys that have been ripped off, basically its not fair!
A third party system sounds good but wouldnt really work, becasue ultimatley the 3rd party would be used as the "scapegoat" if anything went wrong and in 98% of cases that would be unfair...
If you are doing a large deal that you feel a bit uneasy about....dont do it or ask for some sort of measure to be put in place like a contact number/details and INSURED/REGISTERED POSTAGE! AND NO PAYPAL GIFTS!!!!
all we can do as abide by the site rules, be the best, honest person we can be and remember that karma is a ***** and what goes around comes around!!!
unfortunately people like steve come around every so often and are a huge disappointment, great guy and i had no probs with him, but leading up to the scam things did look a little dodgy with him (selling off all his pmg greens to me ant others!)

Got an email last night from Steve actually. Forwarded it to the mods and waiting to see if it can appear on the forums.

From what I understand, Steve has been in contact or has attempted to contact Bolli to sort things out. I would urge everybody to show some restraint in posting/making further judgement until we are able to share what we hope is a positive outcome.

From what I understand, Steve has been in contact or has attempted to contact Bolli to sort things out. I would urge everybody to show some restraint in posting/making further judgement until we are able to share what we hope is a positive outcome.

Finally seeing some light to the end of this tunnel.

I am sure most will agree to that Matt but if the situation isn't sorted then I am sure all would be very disappointed (To say the least).

IMHO, even if the situation is sorted the whole situation is wrong! No matter what a person's (good) reputation is he should not be
1. Selling cards that he does not possess and
2. Making someone wait over 6 weeks on a $2500++ transaction!

---------- Post added 20-08-2011 at 12:13 PM ----------

Try reading !!! the post above pretty much explains where the situation stands atm

Actually it doesn't explain anything Steve......it simply states he has attempted to contact Bolli to "sort things out"

It doesn't explain what actually happened or if in fact anything has been sorted so Shanes question is quite valid IMHO.

Guys, I dont know much more that what i posted above. Rather than second guess or add to the situation, I think its a positive sign that Steve has responded and appears that there is at least an attempt to be work through the issue.

We are following whats happening so if there is any resolution we will be the first to let everyone know.

Have either of the people involved posted up !!
No ..then as stated by matt...the hanging crew will have to hold off...hehe

Relax chief I was asking because I to have been f#@ked buy a Steve Curtis (cardking32) on eBay!!!! I have had to make a claim and I was wondering if this issue got resolved as it may be the same person!!! I have read the whole thread. It's an open forum yeah? No need to get a superiority complex over it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom