WHAT A JOKE!!!! BEN TE'O SUSPENDED FOR THE BEST HIT IN ALMOST A DECADE....

king megator

OzCardTrader
Real Name
steven
eBay User
stirlosvintagetoys1975
Guys i just watched Fox Sports , and almost every past and present player is saying that Ben Te'os hit was ripper and its a joke that he has been suspended.... I agree and its not just because i am a Broncos fan but the fact that it was a super hit.... In slow motion it even shows how hard he had hit that Tigers player and it was not even Te'os shoulder that knocked him out cold , it was the whiplash from his head and neck bouncing backward after he had been hit.... I also think its a joke as i know within 12 months this type of tackle is going to be banned but i do not want this great game of ours to become touch football!!!!.... Matty Johns , Mark Gwyer , Gordan Tallis and the list goes on about how there making the game to soft????.... Hard or not it was by far the best hit i have seen in years....

I agree 100% I can't believe he was even charged ket alone suspended. Sadly now it sets a presidece that any tackle like that will get a suspension :( its big hits like that that much league great. No one likes to see players get hurt but sometimes accidents happen

It was high, Groat didn't fall into it - the suspension is correct. You can't tackle people high, no matter what tackling technique you use. They changed that rule a number of years ago now.

I agree it was a cracker of a hit. He got just the same as Pritchard's corker on Simmons in round 1. I'd spew if Pritchard got time and Teo did not. At least the judiciary have been consistent. I'd hate them to outlaw these type of hits though

pritchards done 3 hits better than this hit within the last 2 year ?

to say there is no bias in this thread is laughableeeeeee.

The tackle was high and and deserves suspension. Teo chose to use a high risk tackle method and the execution was poor.

Good hit but the first point of contact was right on his chin which is obviously high, he had to get something. I thought the original charge of 4 weeks was harsh for someone with a clean sheet so two weeks is reasonable.

Should have got 12 weeks.

Damn near caved the man's head in.

And now they've changed the citing and created a new one, after probably 2-3 years talk about the shoulder charge, it'd be interesting to see a player suing the NRL for breach of duty of care.

For mine, the shoulder charge should be banned. You wanna smash someone, go head, but tackle.

And in this day and age, where players sit on the bench for 20-30 mins, then stroll on (a la Fui Fui Moi Moi or Carl Webb) and act like wrecking balls cause they are fresh and the players busting a gut aren't, I think banning the shoulder charge is a good start.

Now bring back proper scrums. And before anyone sooks about that one, players go to training yeah? Well, if proper scrums come back, they can train properly to do them.

Brisbane get more than enough favours from the NRL
I Say suck it up donkeys

I have asked the NRL a number of times for an answer to this question:

How many penalties - on average, per game - do the Brisbane Broncos get on the first or second tackle inside their own 20m line?
How many do the other teams in the NRL get?
How many tries do the Brisbane Broncos score from the resulting set of six directly after a penalty that was given to them inside their own 20m line?

It's something that has interested me for quite some time now. You'll never watch a Friday night footy game the same way again.

What have you been smoking Ace1979 , Te'os tackle was a 100% bell ringer and was perfect in everyway.... Did you watch NRL on Fox ???? It was the most perfect hit you can get and to say that it was done poorly is pretty poor form from you.... Pritchard went in with his elbow raised , Te'o did not.... Pritchard hit his guy in the neck area , Te'o hit his man on the chest / shoudler area.... Either way i would not even care if a piss poor Parra player done the same style of tackle , with the same result as it would be a great hit.... BRONCOS TO WIN THE COMP!!!!....

What have you been smoking Ace1979 , Te'os tackle was a 100% bell ringer and was perfect in everyway.... Did you watch NRL on Fox ???? It was the most perfect hit you can get and to say that it was done poorly is pretty poor form from you.... Pritchard went in with his elbow raised , Te'o did not.... Pritchard hit his guy in the neck area , Te'o hit his man on the chest / shoudler area.... Either way i would not even care if a piss poor Parra player done the same style of tackle , with the same result as it would be a great hit.... BRONCOS TO WIN THE COMP!!!!....

I think you may have had one to many high shots to the head.:crazy:

The only thing I agree with you there is that the Broncos will win the comp...and they better, i put a pineapple on them at 12 to 1

Teo's hit was awesome to see, however I agree with his suspension. (Weyman on Gillett even better IMO)

The shoulder charge should stay as part of the game but as is the case at the moment if you get it wrong even ever so slightly or even with some doubt where the origonal contact was made then you wear the consequences of having a week or two to think about it....

Eventually I think coaches will coach the shoulder charge out of the game, it is too high risk in the scheme of things if it goes wrong and you make contact with the head you are gone, or if you attempt one and miss you give the opposition a line break...

Cheers
Ross

Hi Ross , mate i agree 100% with you in everyway but like what Mark Gywer had said on Fox , sometimes things go slightly wrong and this type of tackle should not get banned.... If you pull off a big hit sometimes that can change a game as your whole teams defence seems to lift.... Anyway i hope that someone this weekend goes for another shoulder charge as maybe that player will make the perfect hit that puts some tough guy on his ass.... Its one part of the game in which i love , and if others dont like it go watch Union then....

Back
Top Bottom