Users Signatures

Question, is mine too wide?

It looks wide, but only because it's centered in the post.

Happy to remove/change if it offends. And that doesnt count for the Phoenix Suns fans...

Happy to remove/change if it offends. And that doesnt count for the Phoenix Suns fans...

No it's fine on mine Scotty...and I'm using a laptop with a 15" screen. The only sigs that are still too big on mine Ozballer23 and Jordan23's.(Pretty much anyone whose ID ends in 23!!)

Some people use notebooks too, and majority I would assume would be 15".

Some of us are even viewing this on a 800*480 screen!!!!!!

yeah!!! it's 799 wide. I think 700-ish was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Remember if you right click on the image and choose properties it will tell you the height,width and file size

Also go by the tried and true - If you have to ask, it's probably too wide

Guys - sigs are just starting to get out of hand again. I know we haven't had a set size for sigs, but I think the following is appropriate :

- 700 pixels wide max
- 250 pixels high max
- 100kb size max

This isn't per image - this is your signature in total. It also doesn't mean that we want everyone to have the max size signature. Just please try and keep your signatures within these guidelines.

It's impossible for us to advise everyone, so if you spot someone with a larger signature than these guidelines, please kindly refer them to this post.

Can we raise this one again?

Looks like there's a few sigs out there pretty big (both width, and in height).

Please let me know if mine's too big. Happy to change it down.

Can we raise this one again?

Looks like there's a few sigs out there pretty big (both width, and in height).

Please let me know if mine's too big. Happy to change it down.

whos are we talkin about I think it's ok to name and let people know.... they may not know their total sig size is bigger than required.

The standard minimum window size is 800x600, but thats for small monitors. Most people view pages in 1200x900 or even better resolution these days.

Just some stats for anyone interested by this sort of stuff :)

Just revisiting this thread, interesting that after 2 years, and the increase in monitor sizes, that 1024x768 is still the most popular screen resolution.

I've attached two reports - one from March 2007 till now, and the other from January 2009 until now. Both show 1024x768 well out in front of the preferred screen resolutions, however the gap appears to be closing.

Attachments

• Analytics_www.ozcardtrader.com.au_20070521-20090608_(ResolutionsReport).pdf
    9.2 KB · Views: 83
  • Analytics_www.ozcardtrader.com.au_20090101-20090608_(ResolutionsReport).pdf
    9.8 KB · Views: 112
Hi guys,

Is there restrictions currently in place that actually cut/crop part of the Signature if it falls above the maximum allowed size? I can somewhat recall reading that somewhere, or was the size limit I'm speaking of regarding the images that you can upload via Attatchments to a thread??

I love my signature, not too big and not too small either :D.

Regards :wave:

I think he means that if you are using 1024x768 as your screen resolution, it would explain the reason the stats for that resolution are so high *cough* post whore *cough*

I use 5 different pc's per day with different resolutions :) I ain't the whore you're looking for, I suggest you speak to my pimp if you have any other questions :wave:

Thought I had better see if my siggy was ok I think it should be as I do most of mine on photoshop elements and save for web function trying to keep it under the recommened size restriction when you go to upload your siggy although I do go over the width & height suggestion occasionally I usually keep it under the recommended Kb size and from what I can see on this forum I am around the same size.

Size Matters ... 8=:D lol

on a more serious note i think mine is fine if not let me know

Back
Top Bottom